One Liberals take on supporting our troops

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commen...omment-opinions

I DON'T SUPPORT our troops. This is a particularly difficult opinion to have, especially if you are the kind of person who likes to put bumper stickers on his car. Supporting the troops is a position that even Calvin is unwilling to urinate on.

But blaming the president is a little too easy. The truth is that people who pull triggers are ultimately responsible, whether they're following orders or not.

Those opinions are extreme and I don't think they represent the majority of liberals. Unfortunately the phrase, "I support the troops", has been hijacked by Bush supporters and is now associated by many who see it as "I support Bush and his policies". I used to have one of those ribbons on my car next to my Kerry sticker, since my support of the troops was one of the reasons I supported Kerry, but took it off when I took the Kerry sticker off because of the misconception after the election. I'd put an anti-Bush sticker on with a ribbon, except I don't want my car damaged. Some guys in a pickup truck threatened me because of my Kerry sticker, even with my family in the car.

No...its a POV hijacked by the LEFT, who look to blast America, the war and everything else with the most extreme of rhetoric and then absolve themselves of scorn, because "they support the troops."

Its akin to the shrowd of protection they threw up around John Murtha and his comments, because "he's a hero, how can you disagree with him!!!" Or even Cindy Sheehan..."how can you disagree with a mother who lost a son??!!??" Its like this all over. Its a common tactic. Imus listeners see it all the time when someone doesnt donate big bucks to his front he calls a charity out in the West or criticises it for the excesses the ranch contains, such as the need for $60,000 Hummers and gold-plated handrails. He trots out the old "its for the cancer kids...you got something against cancer kids??!!??"

Common tactic.

"In summary, sodomites are wicked and sinners before the Lord exceedingly (Gen. 13:13), are violent and doom nations (Gen. 19:1-25; Jgs. 19), are abominable to God (Lev. 18:22), are worthy of death for their vile, depraved, unnatural sex practices (Lev. 20:13; Rom. 1:32), are called dogs because they are filthy, impudent and libidinous (Deut. 23:17,18; Mat. 7:6; Phil. 3:2."

....hmm, I wonder how many conservative feel that way?

"You already know that the news and entertainment media are biased. Now you will find out why they are biased.  Despite a few prominent exceptions, the preponderance of Jews in the media is so overwhelming that we are obliged to assume that it is due to more than mere happenstance.  Once we have absorbed and understood the fact of Jewish media control, it is our inescapable responsibility

to do whatever is necessary to break that control."

....hmmmm, I wonder how many conservatives feel this way?

Those opinions are extreme and I don't think they represent the majority of liberals.  Unfortunately the phrase, "I support the troops", has been hijacked by Bush supporters and is now associated by many who see it as "I support Bush and his policies".  I used to have one of those ribbons on my car next to my Kerry sticker, since my support of the troops was one of the reasons I supported Kerry, but took it off when I took the Kerry sticker off because of the misconception after the election.  I'd put an anti-Bush sticker on with a ribbon, except I don't want my car damaged.  Some guys in a pickup truck threatened me because of my Kerry sticker, even with my family in the car.

584579[/snapback]

I have seen "I support the Troops" stickers on many liberals cars and desks where I work. I do not see this as a republican only moto. It is an American thing.

I have never seen any of those cars damaged. I think that most people D or R are happy to see that people support the troops.

I think that what you may be seeing is that the republicans in general have been more consistant in thier troop support. The democrates have been kind of all over the place and that leaves the impression that sometimes it is more a matter of supporting the troops when it seems like the right thing to do. I know that this is mostly perception, but I see it none the less.