"Bad News Bills" At It Again?

Did you guys read that article? WOW! It said that Ralph and Marv basically "just gave a big middle finger to the loyal fan base", as 80% of the fans wanted Sherman.

Also, the Bills didn't hire Sherman "because that would have made too much sense. . ."

The article acknowledges how badly most fans did not want Jauron, and how angry they are now, but that the team's leadership doesn't care about an angry fan base. They'll care when the stadium is half-empty, I bet.

Where did the 80% figure come from? Thin Air? Jerry Sullivan? A poll of 10 drunken idiots at a bar? I am not thrilled with the choice of Jauron but it wasn't my decision.

Players play. Coaches coach. General Managers general manage. Owners pay the bills (no pun intended) and Fans watch all of the above and second guess everything.

Where did the 80% figure come from? Thin Air? Jerry Sullivan? A poll of 10 drunken idiots at a bar? I am not thrilled with the choice of Jauron but it wasn't my decision.

Players play. Coaches coach. General Managers general manage. Owners pay the bills (no pun intended) and Fans watch all of the above and second guess everything.

581284[/snapback]

Read the article, I didn't write it, I just told you it was there.

Jauron had gone just 36-49 in his head-coaching career, while Sherman was booted from the Packers' organization after compiling a terrific 57-39 record. As per the norm, guess who the Bills decided to go with? The proven winner? No, that would have made far too much sense. Yes, the Bills settled on Jauron.

That says it all!

Yeah, the owner and GM should have hired the guy cause 80% of the fans in an internet poll wanted him. Thats the way an NFL team should be run, let's make big decissions based on who the fans want. Yes fans may be pissed about the choice now, but we don't know what this guy is gonna do for us until we actually PLAY A GAME

That says it all!

581489[/snapback]

I'm tired of all of this "proven winner" talk, because this guy has a winning regular season record. Let's talk playoff appearances, championships, big games. After all isn't that the goal? Sherman arguably had the talent in Green Bay at times to make a run, but the run wasn't made. I'm really neutral on the whole coach choice, but I just don't understand how this guy got the respect of 80% of our fan base in the matter of a couple of weeks. The largest topic of discussion here at TSW concerning Sherman was the picture of him asleep, until Marv made his choice, now all of the sudden its piss and moan, piss and moan.

I suspect if Sherman were hired it would have been the same sh--. Everybody step back away from your keyboards and take a few deep breaths!

That says it all!

581489[/snapback]

Sherman also inherited a team that had a Hall of Fame QB, probowl RB, probowl WR, probowl lineman, probowl TE, probowl DB, and probowl lineman. All of which were fresh off of a Super Bowl victory. Nothing against the guy, because he was able to keep it all together but it would have be very difficult NOT to succeed. Jauron inherited a turd, with zero talent and a brutal front office in Chicago.

maybe it had something to do with the state of our offense over the last few years, in contrast to our fairly strong defense. Last year both sucked, but at least you could finger the Pat Williams release and TKO's injury as reasons why, and have a hope that it will change this year. The offense, on the other hand, needs the guidance that an offensive minded coach could offer.

Holy Doomsday Batman.

This board has been an absolute joke the last week. What a bunch of drama kings and queens. I've never heard so many people with so little background and experience in a field (professional football) have more opinions based what they've read and heard.

The bottomline is, this is a business. It, like all business, does what's right for itself first and foremost. They then provide a product to consumers they feel is in their best interest. In the case of this football team, that's a winner. And therefore, as soon as the team wins, everyone buys. It's a rather elementary concept you learn in business 101.

Don't like, it, don't buy it. By to not go to a game or back this team because of who was hired it ridiculous.

Not a single person against this guy has probably met him. No one surely has worked with him, been coached by him or spoken with him in detail regarding anything. So the basis for the anti-Jauron faction's hatred is based solely on second-hand information and a losing record on a crappy team.

Talk about being simple! Use you heads a little.

So, where is the paralysis by over analysis of the annoucement that the CEO of Nike has left? Come on people, you buy the product, shouldn't you have a say in who runs the show over in Oregon? Let's all stop buying Nike. I love the product but hate the people. Make sense right? Idiots.

Sherman also inherited a team that had a Hall of Fame QB, probowl RB, probowl WR, probowl lineman, probowl TE, probowl DB, and probowl lineman. All of which were fresh off of a Super Bowl victory. Nothing against the guy, because he was able to keep it all together but it would have be very difficult NOT to succeed. Jauron inherited a turd, with zero talent and a brutal front office in Chicago.

581512[/snapback]

Actually, he came in after Ray Rhodes went 8-8 in his one season and he essentially turned over the entire roster of an aging team. He got the Packers as they were finishing up their run under mike Holmgren. He added several quality linemen through the draft, Ahman Green, Donald Driver, Bubba Franks, and several other Pro Bowl players through the draft, trades, and free agency.

He was an average GM and an above average head coach. Too bad he did little to build up his defense as that was the killer through most of his years with the Pack.

He was an average GM ...

581544[/snapback]

Not according to most of the Packers fans who visited us last week. There were mixed opinions on his coaching ability, but everyone pretty much agreed he was a crappy GM.

MM playoff Record = 0,0

GW playoff Record =0,0

WP playoff record =0,2

All this proves is wade got us there and lost; and the other two couldn't even do that.

It took Tom Landry 6 years before he had a wining season... 7 before he won a playoff game. What a bum he must have turned into......oh wait maybe not.

Coaches can only do so much you have to have players....good players.

Did you guys read that article? WOW! It said that Ralph and Marv basically "just gave a big middle finger to the loyal fan base", as 80% of the fans wanted Sherman.

Also, the Bills didn't hire Sherman "because that would have made too much sense. . ."

The article acknowledges how badly most fans did not want Jauron, and how angry they are now, but that the team's leadership doesn't care about an angry fan base. They'll care when the stadium is half-empty, I bet.

581218[/snapback]

Fans can't be trusted to know what they want- they have to be spoon fed what other KNOW they want

581218[/snapback]

Alas,

Perhaps another Marvism is in order:

"If people who have to run football teams start listening to the fans, they should watch out, because next time they'll be sitting in the stands with them."

Somehow I trust their judgement better than mine. I wanted Sherman, but obviously it wasn't meant to be. How about we give Marv a chance to make things right?

581284[/snapback]

80% probably is based on e-mails they receive. That could mean 8 out of 10 they got.

PTR