So is JP a career b/u

Mile High

With Jauron coming in and trying to win now. Do you think the Bills will commit to him or is it open for competition? If MS was the hiree I think he may have just decided to go with Losman. I still believe that if our brass decides to go with a veteran qb then they should cut KH loose and go with a more proven and experienced qb. Holcomb is not the answer.

First order of buisness... Fix the lines.

I have it from a very reliable source (Alto) who says that Marv is going to trade JP to Dallas for a pick.

579771[/snapback]

LOL. I heard from a deep insider whom I will call Tenor that the thing holding up this trade is the JP wants to much power but they may have reached a verbal agreement. There will be a press conference on Friday at 3:00 EST.

Jauron will do what he's told. That's why he was hired. I'm not sure Jauron will have much credibility with the team if they take the same position as last year. I'll just wait and see how it plays out. I think Sherman would have started JP, seen what he could deliver, and then look for a new quarterback the season after next. I don't know if Jauron has the chops to do that.

With Jauron coming in and trying to win now.  Do you think the Bills will commit to him or is it open for competition?  If MS was the hiree I think he may have just decided to go with Losman.  I still believe that if our brass decides to go with a veteran qb then they should cut KH loose and go with a more proven and experienced qb.  Holcomb is not the answer.

First order of buisness...  Fix the lines.

579766[/snapback]

Jauron started McNown and Grossman in Chicago... so he is not afraid to start a young qb...

Jauron started McNown and Grossman in Chicago... so he is not afraid to start a young qb...

579788[/snapback]

Jauron certainly knows what an ineffective QB looks like. In his years as head coach, here were the Bears starters:

1999- Shane Matthews

2000- Cade McNown

2001- Jim Miller

2002- Jim Miller

2003- Kordell Stewart

Ouch, it had to suck watching that every week.

Hopefully JP wins the job. He's the best QB on the roster IMO.

Why so sure that JP won't get a chance to start?

The Bears drafted both McCown and Grossman during Jauron's days there -- and both were given playing time. In fact, McCown started early before the Bears realized he couldn't play.

579787[/snapback]

Because Juron will be under extreme pressure to win immediately considering

that he was not the popular choice for the HC job.....So he is probably going

to bet on a Kerry Collins rather than JPL (though the wrong thing to do)....

With Jauron coming in and trying to win now.  Do you think the Bills will commit to him or is it open for competition?  If MS was the hiree I think he may have just decided to go with Losman.  I still believe that if our brass decides to go with a veteran qb then they should cut KH loose and go with a more proven and experienced qb.  Holcomb is not the answer.

First order of buisness...  Fix the lines.

579766[/snapback]

Good question. I'd guess that they will use the early camp time to get to some decision either way. Myself, I'd lean towards JP unless he's regressed - and that better vet talent might be hard to locate. A previous poster held the opinion that KH may be well the best vet talent available on the market. Could be. Perhaps Kitna or Difler may be let go, and I hold a totally unsubstantied opinion that Kitna could end up at Dallas - if DB gets booted.

This is what concerns me is how JP will be handled. Will he be given every opportunity to suceed/earn the job? Will there be any sort of committment to him? We need to find out if he is the QB of the future, and I hope the new regime, particularly the new coaching staff, will make every effort to find out, but I have my doubts.