Buffalo Bills: Just not a top organization

Beerstm

While watching the Steelers game I saw a team who loves its city.

A Team who loves thier owner. A owner who is loves his coach.

A organization who has seen consistnt success in the NFL.

And as a Bills fan, I have no faith in management. Any decent GM the Bills have had has been run out of town (where they still experienced success).

A team who plays for the name on the back of the Jersy instead of the city or fans they represent.

A team who is more content with saving $$ and filling seats instead of putting the best product on the field.

I'm convinced the Bills of the 90's got lucky. Levy was a lucky hire. Polian and Butler were great GM's who happen to use Buffalo to launch thier career.

Fact is: I doubt Buffalo will ever be a serious contender in the NFL. The people in charge are not as commited to winning like the Rooney's. Just not as classy.

As a fan, I just want to experince the joy of watching a playoff game that means something to me. With Jauron as HC, I doubt I'll get that chance anytime soon

Congrats to the Steelers- especially to thier fans. You do not know or even realize how lucky you have it.

A Team who loves thier owner.  A owner who is loves his coach.

And as a Bills fan, I have no faith in management.  Any decent GM the Bills have had has been run out of town (where they still experienced success). 

A team who plays for the name on the back of the Jersy instead of the city or fans they represent. 

A team who is more content with saving $$ and filling seats instead of putting the best product on the field. 

I'm convinced the Bills of the 90's got lucky.  Levy was a lucky hire.  Polian and Butler were great GM's who happen to use Buffalo to launch thier career. 

Fact is:  I doubt Buffalo will ever be a serious contender in the NFL.  The people in charge are not as commited to winning like the Rooney's.  Just not as classy.

As a fan, I just want to experince the joy of watching a playoff game that means something to me.  With Jauron as HC, I doubt I'll get that chance anytime soon

Congrats to the Steelers- especially to thier fans.  You do not know or even realize how lucky you have it.

578413[/snapback]

Pick a new team ass.

Your act is tired.

And as a Bills fan, I have no faith in management.  Any decent GM the Bills have had has been run out of town (where they still experienced success). 

I'm convinced the Bills of the 90's got lucky.  Levy was a lucky hire.  Polian and Butler were great GM's who happen to use Buffalo to launch thier career. 

Fact is:  I doubt Buffalo will ever be a serious contender in the NFL.  The people in charge are not as commited to winning like the Rooney's.  Just not as classy.

As a fan, I just want to experince the joy of watching a playoff game that means something to me.  With Jauron as HC, I doubt I'll get that chance anytime soon

Congrats to the Steelers- especially to thier fans.  You do not know or even realize how lucky you have it.

578413[/snapback]

you do realize, you know, that the logic behind your post is based entirely on your perception of the bills in the donohoe era? just checking.

you do realize, you know, that the logic behind your post is based entirely on your perception of the bills in the donohoe era? just checking.

578783[/snapback]

looks like things are getting much better in the "marv era"

Oh yeah. no place to go from her but up right? <_<

578413[/snapback]

Your 100% correct. Well said.

Pick a new team ass.

Your act is tired.

578767[/snapback]

So when do you draw the line? When is enough, enough?

I don't want to be having this same conversation with my friends and people on this board again in three years?

When Marv leaves as GM, will Dick still be retained as head coach?

Is there enough "up side potential" in this selection or is this just another shot in the dark?

So when do you draw the line? When is enough, enough?

I don't want to be having this same conversation with my friends and people on this board again in three years?

When Marv leaves as GM, will Dick still be retained as head coach?

Is there enough "up side potential" in this selection or is this just another shot in the dark?

578803[/snapback]

I don't "draw the line" anywhere. I'm a Bills fan. I was born a Bills fan and I'll stay that way even if they have 10 more losing seasons in a row. Go pick someone else. The rest of us won't miss you.

578783[/snapback]

Well, the Bills lifetime regular season winning percentage IS only 0.478 (327-357), so it's a lot more than the TD era, as any long time fan knows.

This team has only had 21 winning seasons in its 46-year existence. Eight of those were on Marv's watch, so aside from those great teams, that's 13 winning seasons in 38 years.

I don't "draw the line" anywhere.  I'm a Bills fan.  I was born a Bills fan and I'll stay that way even if they have 10 more losing seasons in a row.  Go pick someone else.  The rest of us won't miss you.

578807[/snapback]

I don't know why you are taking this so personally. The point is when is this organization going to make a choice that most people with common sense can agree upon.

Think for example

A. Fixing the Offensive and Defensive line

B. Picking a GM that is at his prime, not past it

C. Getting the top head coaching candidate and paying any cost

I respect you for coming to the defense of our favorite team. However my opinion on this matter is just as significant as yours. You are just venting your frustration in a different way.

I don't know why you are taking this so personally. The point is when is this organization going to make a choice that most people with common sense can agree upon.

Think for example

A. Fixing the Offensive and Defensive line

B. Picking a GM that is at his prime, not past it

C. Getting the top head coaching candidate and paying any cost

I respect you for coming to the defense of our favorite team. However my opinion on this matter is just as significant as yours.  You are just venting your frustration in a different way.

578831[/snapback]

In the past five years did you agree with:

A) The Donohoe hiring

B) Trading for Bledsoe

C) Using #4 on M. Williams

Because as I recall, those were very popular choices with seemingly a lot of "common sense" that a majority of fans agreed upon. I would just love to give Marv and Jauron a chance, just a little, tiny, small, minor chance before we start villifying them.

A) The Donohoe hiring

B) Trading for Bledsoe

Because as I recall, those were very popular choices with seemingly a lot of "common sense" that a majority of fans agreed upon.  I would just love to give Marv and Jauron a chance, just a little, tiny, small, minor chance before we start villifying them.

578843[/snapback]

I wonder what the Pittsburh fans thought of Cowher during his down years. But the Rooneys stuck with him. If we keep pulling coaches and players every 2-3 years, we will never have the stability required to win the big one. I just hate it when the team, coaching and roster is jerked around every couple of years.

Don't get me wrong - I did want TD gone but not MM yet (circumstances created made him quit). Also, I am sticking with our team but expressing strong dissent. I have supported the coaching choices in the past and had been wrong. This is one time I am wishing I am wrong again

A) The Donohoe hiring

B) Trading for Bledsoe

Because as I recall, those were very popular choices with seemingly a lot of "common sense" that a majority of fans agreed upon.  I would just love to give Marv and Jauron a chance, just a little, tiny, small, minor chance before we start villifying them.

578843[/snapback]

it's alright

tomorrow there will be quite a few topics with "i'm willing to give dick a chance" and so on. Then during draft day, the Son of Satan Marv thread will grow as well as when we don't adress a need. Then after preseason, there will be most likely a "Fire Dick" thread. There's no limit to the bandwagon of this team.

Enjoy whatever mess you can nowadays. In a few years, or less, this team will be in another town with new uniforms and a new name. One Ralph is gone noone exsists to buy them. Time to pick a new team cuz the NFL will not put a Browns plan in place for a dying small town city.

Did you and your "friend" talk about how Steeler fans wanted Cohwer run out of town after their last playoff loss?

I distinctly remember hearing that he:

"Couldn't win the big game"

"Had been with the team too long"

"Had lost the respect of his players"

I guess the Pitt fans were a bit premature?

Enjoy whatever mess you can nowadays.  In a few years, or less, this team will be in another town with new uniforms and a new name.  One Ralph is gone noone exsists to buy them.  Time to pick a new team cuz the NFL will not put a Browns plan in place for a dying small town city.

578906[/snapback]

I really don't believe all this. If Sherman had been hired would this "relocation" crap be flying around here? You people are unreal.

Did you and your "friend" talk about how Steeler fans wanted Cohwer run out of town after their last playoff loss?

578909[/snapback]

well he hasn't won the big game since the steelers were good enough to win a superbowl for a while now. That may change.

578909[/snapback]

Don't forget, they still have to win one more game or else it's another Cowher failure.