He is doomed ... in this town

Unless he goes 13-3, wins the super bowl, goes to the pro-bowl, kicks a 84 yard field goal, solves world hunger and then scores the winning goal for the Sabres to win the Stanley Cup, Dick Jauron will never last here. No coach will. We shall never be satisfied. Its a shame ...

... sorry - more of a vent to the critical Bills fans than anything.

Unless he goes 13-3, wins the super bowl, goes to the pro-bowl, kicks a 84 yard field goal, solves world hunger and then scores the winning goal for the Sabres to win the Stanley Cup, Dick Jauron will never last here. No coach will. We shall never be satisfied. Its a shame ...

577976[/snapback]

You are absolutely right because we as fans wanted the best candidate not someone from the old boys network . Its more than obvious that a couch who was respected like Sherman who has been to playoffs 4out of 6 years with G.M. qualifications was viewed as a threat to Marv. Buffalo Fans can see thru that and you will see Marv run out of town like his last days as coach of the Bills not because we dont like him but because he was an unqualified candidate for G.M. who only was hired because of the good -ole- boy network and his hire for a coach was the same ............Damn I miss Donohoe already :rolleyes:

You are absolutely right because we as fans wanted the best candidate not someone from the old boys network . Its more than obvious that a couch who was respected like Sherman who has been to playoffs 4out of 6 years with G.M. qualifications was viewed as a threat to Marv. Buffalo Fans can see thru that and you will see Marv run out of town like his last days as coach of the Bills not because we dont like him but because he was an unqualified candidate for G.M. who only was hired because of the good -ole- boy network and his hire for a coach was the same  ............Damn I miss Donohoe already :rolleyes:

578002[/snapback]

Can you tell me what Bill Belichick's record was before he went to the Patriots? Hmm? Well ... i will tell you. In FIVE SEASONS, he only had ONE winning season. His overall record was 36-44 ...

Ouch ... he was sure the best candidate huh?

Can you tell me what Bill Belichick's record was before he went to the Patriots? Hmm? Well ... i will tell you. In FIVE SEASONS, he only had ONE winning season. His overall record was 36-44 ...

Ouch ... he was sure the best candidate huh?

578216[/snapback]

You and me know that he aint no Belichick so lets be more realistic

...and how many season tickets that were sold/renewed two years ago were attributed to the hiring of MM?  My guess is a few for his family and that's about it.

578481[/snapback]

I don't recall MM having this much animosity right off the bat. In fact, he came off as a reasonably favorable "anti-GW" at the time.

Bills nation is at a very fragil point in its history right now. The torches and pitchforks have been running high for the past year, and this franchise needed a "big positive" to quell the unease about the team's future direction.

Jauron isn't going to have much of a honeymoon, given the current mood, IMO.

I don't recall MM having this much animosity right off the bat.  In fact, he came off as a reasonably good "anti-GW" at the time.

Bills nation is at a very fragil point in its history right now.  The torches and pitchforks have been running high for the past year, and this franchise needed a "big positive" to quell the unease about the team's future direction. 

Jauron isn't going to have much of a honeymoon, given the current mood, IMO.

578499[/snapback]

That's because some "insider" didn't come here a week prior to MM's hiring and proclaim that Bill Walsh one of the all-time most successful coaches was coming out of retirement to coach the Bills, only to have it turn out that it was all bull sh--. <_<

That's because some "insider" didn't come here a week prior to MM's hiring and proclaim that Bill Walsh one of the all-time most successful coaches was coming out of retirement to coach the Bills, only to have it turn out that it was all bull sh--. <_<

578509[/snapback]

MM had a pretty good buzz and came from the Cowher coaching tree. I wish we could say the equivalent about Dick.

577976[/snapback]

I can only think of one being capable of that...BRUSCHI!!!

I don't recall MM having this much animosity right off the bat.  In fact, he came off as a reasonably favorable "anti-GW" at the time.

578499[/snapback]

It wasn't as hostile, but I remember most people being not too happy at all when MM was announced as next Bills HC. It wasn't until after the PC when he handed out all that smash-mouth BS <_< that everyone got on board.

Just getting to the playoffs will be a start. Getting to the Super Bowl with a chance to win it will be more than enough for Jauron to immediatley be hung on the wall. I just do not see the bright lights at the end of the tunnel yet, especially with the hiring of Dick Jauron. I think the Bills are stuck in traffic about 2 miles from the tunnel entrance at this point.

I think, if anything, season ticket renewals will fall quite a bit.

Time will tell.

Its more than obvious that a couch who was respected like Sherman who has been to playoffs 4out of 6 years with G.M. qualifications was viewed as a threat to Marv.

578002[/snapback]

More than obvious? I can't believe you can type that with a straight face. You don't know all the factors that went into hiring Jauron. I've been saying it all over the place, but it bears repeating. You don't KNOW that Sherman wasn't offered the job and turned it down or gave an indication to Marv and Ralph that he wouldn't take it if offered. You can be mad that Sherman isn't the coach of the Bills now, you can even be mad that they went with Jauron, but don't INVENT motivations for Levy and Wilson's decisions without even a shred of information to support it.

577976[/snapback]

Yes, you're right. Please excuse us. . . we've just been so spoiled by all the winning around here lately that maybe we're being too hard on this hiring. We've had such good seasons lately that we shouldn't question anything the leadership of this team does. . . :rolleyes: