You will be happy with Jauron...

Gardinier

Buffalo fans trust me on this.  He is a stable coach with a sharp defensive mind.  He stops the run with big D tackles.  He is very well respected.  I like the hire.

577970[/snapback]

Are you a Buffalo fan?

Its hard to get excited about this hire when, despite the defense's poor showing this past season, the true weakness of the team was the offense. And with a young QB of the future needing lots of coaching, it just made sense to hire Sherman (who also had a MUCH better record).

We just have to wait and see who DJ brings in to run the offense, hopefully he doesnt screw up a third time (Crowton and Shoop were disasters).

I will give Marv the benefit of the doubt, but I do not think Jauron is the answer.  He is a career losing coach with Chicago and Detroit.  Having said that, he will get the defense back on track, and probably hire a smart OC to work with JP.

577977[/snapback]

Marv himself was an "old boy network" guy when he came to Buffalo, so its not unprecedented. Nor does it automatically make DJ a bad choice.

That said, the team needs a personality transplant. I'm not sure DJ has any to give.

Its hard to get excited about this hire when, despite the defense's poor showing this past season, the true weakness of the team was the offense. And with a young QB of the future needing lots of coaching, it just made sense to hire Sherman (who also had a MUCH better record).

We just have to wait and see who DJ brings in to run the offense, hopefully he doesnt screw up a third time (Crowton and Shoop were disasters).

577978[/snapback]

Just for argument sake. Who says Losman is our qb of the future or even this year? Losman was Donahoe and Mike Mularkeys marriage. A new coaching staff and levy have no ties to him. I'd look for a vet to be brought in during the offseason.

Just for argument sake. Who says Losman is our qb of the future or even this year?  Losman was Donahoe and Mike Mularkeys marriage.  A new coaching staff and levy have no ties to him.  I'd look for a vet to be brought in during the offseason.

577985[/snapback]

True, its no guarantee he is the QB of the future, but even though he was the pick of the old regime, the new regime will not give up on him this year without seeing if they can improve the "support system" around him (coaching and personnel). Too much was invested in him only two years ago, so its not at of the question at all to label him as the QB of the future.

After next season, if he fails to improve, then its a different story.

Jauron...damn definately not one of my top choices...but ill wait a see who he brings in....we definately need some quality assisstant coaches...

578001[/snapback]

Don't we already know who the coordinators will be?? It looks like DC could be Capers and OC could be Caldwell.

I started to get a sick feeling in my stomach when the Bills interviewed those two becasue it signaled to me that these would be DJ's choices for coordinators, whereas MS would probably have brought Bates in for DC and would most likely have his own list to bring along.

It shows me that Marv now has a guy in DJ that he can keep under wraps and MS would have been a stronger candidate that Marv may have been threatened by. Marv has a puppet in DJ and MS wouldn't have been that.

The Bills needed MS not another @%$#! puppet.

Thanks Marv!

Under Jauron's wisdom, the Lions defense actually got WORSE this year, dropping from 20th to 24th overall.  The team finished 5-11.  How can that guy be counted on to do anything positive for us? 

I hate this hire.

577984[/snapback]

The whole team quit under Mariucci. It carried on to Jauron.

If it is Jauron as HC, we are absolutely rudderless.

His defense in Detroit regressed, and he has absolutely NO record of improving offenses. His offensive coordinator selections have been absolutely hideous.

As much as I distrust Marv in his new role, I simply cannot believe he made this move until I see confirmation from OBD. I just can't believe we'd go in this direction when a Mike Sherman is out there.