buythebills.com

BradRiter

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because the league is money hungry.  I'm not saying it will happen, but by making the bills a publicly owned team, it can NEVER happen...and im not sure that will sell well with the NFL, especially whaile tagliabue is there... Now condi...

At any rate, I dont know how much thought these guys put into this...my guess is not much.  Besides the picture of some city other than buffalo, they plan on raising "10,000,000 shares at $100 per share." or...cue dr. evil...one billion dollars.  I dont know about you, but somehow i dont think the bills are worth that.

Its an interesting idea.  One which if done properly and professionally MIGHT warrant attention, but for some reason I dont think these "players" are up for the task.

And a domed stadium...pfff...please.

576871[/snapback]

i'm guessing the 1 billion dollar goal is a bit much. To purchase the team, chances are they'd need about three to four hundred million which is tough, but attainable. I disapprove with the idea of building a new stadium as RWS was a great stadium. I've been to Giants stadium and RWS as well as the toilent bowl (olympic stadium) in montreal.

Personally, i got to see the expos leave Montreal to go to some BS city that will most likely fail in the long run, and I don't wanna see another of my favorite teams move, especially not for LA. If it were to happen, I'd have to declare myself a neutral fan.

Of course they can always change the rules...but I dont believe they will because its not in the best interest of the NFL to allow public ownership.

576876[/snapback]

Yep. It would force them to open up their books and disclose a lot more information than I'm sure the "partners" would be willing to do.

A downtown domed stadium is unrealistic. I understand the idea of attracting other businesses to build up around it and revitalize downtown.

There is not enough room for parking and traffic would be horrid with that current road system.

This site has the markings of a Nigerian 419 scam!

576887[/snapback]

It sure does. Check out this statement they make:

"The three Principles listed in "The Players" will own only a stock total equivalent to 15% of the total shares."

So, if it takes $700 million to buy the Bills, these 3 stooges will contribute roughly $100 million???? <_< There's one born every minute.

A downtown domed stadium is unrealistic. I understand the idea of attracting other businesses to build up around it and revitalize downtown.

There is not enough room for parking and traffic would be horrid with that current road system.

576896[/snapback]

nice positive Buffalonian attitude!

nice positive Buffalonian attitude!

576900[/snapback]

What's wrong with Orchard Park ? I like our stadium.

Hey, if we had acres of open land to build on downtown, I'd love to see the blueprints. Does the waterfront by the skyway have enough room ?

After watching this 2nd bridge fiasco enter it's 12th year of " planning ", how fast could this " idea " be completed. <_<

What's wrong with Orchard Park ? I like our stadium. 

Hey, if we had acres of open land to build on downtown, I'd love to see the blueprints. Does the waterfront by the skyway have enough room ?

After watching this 2nd bridge fiasco enter it's 12th year of " planning ", how fast could this " idea " be completed.  <_<

576910[/snapback]

While the OP site may not be the best for Buffalo's economy, it's GREAT for football fans. How easy is it to get to the Ralph? I'll tell you...VERY easy. Remember, Buffalo is a relatively small city and needs fans to come from all over (Ro-Town, Tonto, The Falls, the Southtowns, etc).

You're right Mark XXXVIII, a downtown stadium would take FOREVER...and then a couple of more forevers to even get off the ground.

Three words:

No domed stadium!

-A domed stadium is SO not football like.

Four more words:

The new peace bridge.

-That new bridge has been in the works for years now and they've gotten no where with it. How can anyone realistically expect to build a stadium downtown?

I believe all of this talk is mute anyway. The NFL did make a rule that disallows a team to be owned like the Packers are. Perhaps they could change that rule but I wouldn't count on it.

I'd like us to have a real natural turf field. makes no sense to have artificial turf in an open stadium.

576981[/snapback]

No doubt. Actually to me it makes no sense to have artificial turf in a dome, either. If i were King of the NFL, I would issue these decrees (decri? decretus?):

1. All NFL stadiums must have natural grass fields starting in 20XX. (Perhaps the newest domes not capable of having grass fields could be grandfathered until they are replaced with a new statium by the team...there's some wiggle room here.)

AND

2. A detractable dome must be open during the entire game. They can keep it closed all damn, week if they want. They can pump the sucker with tons-o-heat before gametime, for all i care. But, come kickoff, the roof is open.

I believe the combination of these two edicts (that, I know how to spell...I think) would make an NFL dome stadium a rare sight. But if the game were, indeed, in a dome, it would be something like football.

"Why", you may ask, "don't you just ban domes?" Because, that's what they would be expecting me to do... <_<

lol..one of the players is a 26 yo in the insurance biz...I am sure he is loaded with cash...

577009[/snapback]

I also liked this line:

For the moment, we wish to stay out of the spotlight as that is not our goal. Our goal is to confirm the feasability of our idea...

30 seconds of Googling would have confirmed their idea doesn't fly based on NFL ownership rules. Good thing domain names are so cheap. <_<

I also liked this line:

For the moment, we wish to stay out of the spotlight as that is not our goal.  Our goal is to confirm the feasability of our idea...

30 seconds of Googling would have confirmed their idea doesn't fly based on NFL ownership rules.  Good thing domain names are so cheap.  :devil:

577020[/snapback]

This had "loser" written all over it, IMO. the guys don't give their names and their credentials, don't seem to have a concept of the NFL ownership rules...and one of the guys is in Insurance! <_<