FIRE MARV

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember, GW is tbe next HC for Washington, so Saunders knows he is there for the money and experience to get that HC job.

576547[/snapback]

I don't think so. Nothing is written that GW will be the next HC in DC.

What is written is that he gets a million bucks if he is not named the next HC. To Snyder that million is equal to about ten bucks to me. No big deal. If he wants someone else at the time, he will go for that someone else and then GW can pout, take his extra mill and go away.

marv was brought in to baby sit mularkey who's now gone.  it makes sense that marv would be a liability to a seasoned competent coach like sherman.  seems like there's signs this is in fact the case.  marv's expanded role beyond GM responsibilities will cramp any good coach they can bring in -- for the good of the team, admit marv's not necessary in light of recent events, pay him some reduced compensation and keep him as a "special consultant" or something, but by all means do whats right for the team and lose the guy.

576091[/snapback]

wow, that has to be the smartest move the team could ever make.

Let's see, become even a more pathic looking team in the eyes of evferyone else. Hire a guy and fire him two weeks later!

OMG, you guys really need to get a life, because if your only life happiness comes from the Bills...I can not even begin to think of things to say!

wow, that has to be the smartest move the team could ever make.

Let's see, become even a more pathic looking team in the eyes of evferyone else.  Hire a guy and fire him two weeks later!

OMG, you guys really need to get a life, because if your only life happiness comes from the Bills...I can not even begin to think of things to say!

576623[/snapback]

did bellicheck care what people thought when he left the jets after one day or cut lawyer milloy week season started? nope, the guy is all about winning and doing whats right now and not worrying "how it looks"

marv was brought in to baby sit mularkey who's now gone.  it makes sense that marv would be a liability to a seasoned competent coach like sherman.  seems like there's signs this is in fact the case.  marv's expanded role beyond GM responsibilities will cramp any good coach they can bring in -- for the good of the team, admit marv's not necessary in light of recent events, pay him some reduced compensation and keep him as a "special consultant" or something, but by all means do whats right for the team and lose the guy.

576091[/snapback]

stupid post.....senseless. I don't even know how to respond..just ignorant

Nothing screams "we know what we're doing" louder than firing your GM after 10 days on the job.  Good call, !jduncan1

PTR

576119[/snapback]

Ya jduncan1, thats what they need to fire him after 10 days and we also need to get another QB after a half season. It just doesn't make sence for the bills to do something different than what they have been doing the past 15 years with dissapointing seasons. It wouldn't be the bills if they did.

I have asked this once and ill ask it many more times when will we get a OL.

I think marv will see that and get us one.

Ya jduncan1, thats what they need to fire him after 10 days and we also need to get another QB after a half season. It just doesn't make sence for the bills to do something different than what they have been doing the past 15 years with dissapointing seasons. It wouldn't be the bills if they did.

I have asked this once and ill ask it many more times when will we get a OL.

I think marv will see that and get us one.

576655[/snapback]

it makes sense for the bills to do whats right and dump the "marv will micro-manage mularkey" strategy since mularkey is no longer here and this team desperately needs an experienced coach who will refuse to be under marv's thumb

Since Ralph Wilson wants to instill some stability into his team, it makes perfect sense to fire the new GM after a week or two on the job.  "Perfect!"

http://www.kitcomm.com/comments/gold/userimages/moron.jpg

576674[/snapback]

whats the value of stability when the fundamental setup is wrong? sticking with only insures further instability

if the only reason marv wants dick jauron to be the head coach is because marv lives in chicago and dick used to coach there while marv did the tv there or whatever he did there ,then marv should be ashamed of his self and should really take a look in the mirror and ask himself "is he really doing all he can for his friend ralph wilson and the bills"

whats the value of stability when the fundamental setup is wrong? sticking with only insures further instability

576679[/snapback]

Your assuming something is "all wrong" after a week. That's called a kneejerk reaction, and are usually wrong 99.99% of the time.

PTR

i don't think marv is a liability. the worst thing about him is his age. he and wilson are both way above the average life span for a human male and both could be dead before the season begins. but that is the only thing. And if someone thinks the main problem is by the choice of coach, then just a reminder the choice hasn't been made yet.... i saw the duncan fellow roughly say "if he lets the best coach get away"...... why would your reason to fire some one be based on an "if" then you are nuts. If levy makes bad decisions that ruin things, sure he should be fired. and if he commits murder, then he should be in jail. but you don't condemn a person for doing something before he does it.

and to anyone who thinks marv is doing this for his ego, he has been pretty proffessional about the job so far in my opinion. He has not been all over the media or anything to show that he is all "me me me" like someone said. the fact that they are keeping quiet during these interviews shows they are taking it seriously. they are not letting anyone know their thoughts after each interview. that would be stupid. if they did, it would discourage other people to be interviewed. Now, the media is NOT the ones doing these interviews. They have no idea what is going on behind the doors. All they know is what the coaches who are being interviewed tell them, and they don't know which way levy and wilson are leaning. everything the media is printing is speculation based on nonsense. they all speculated hasslett would be the front-runner.......they may have been off on that one. Yet, now you want to take a leap of faith with them? please.... when so many sources have a different story, you know all they are walking into their story blind. 24/7 news has been terriffic since is birth.

576091[/snapback]

For such an astute post I tried long and hard to find an appropriate response.

First I remembered something my grandfather said to me.

"Grasp your ears firmly and pull; You might just be able to remove your head from your ass."

But it didn't seem quite right.

Then I thinking that what you posted is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone who has come across your post is now dumber for having read it.

That reminded me of something my uncle Lee said once.

"You are one load that I wish your mother had swallowed."