apparently the buffalo bills FANS is the

B-lo Snow

How about if the team didnt...you know...suck the last 6 years? For some reason I think fan problems during games and losing go hand in hand.

Put out a better product on the field, give us something to feel good about...and you'll see things like fights and fan hatred towards certain players/coaches diminish significantly.

Alcohol at the stadium isn't really the problem. It would be more of a symbolic gesture. How many here have had more than 2-3 beers at the stadium, ever? I never have. Its too damn expensive.

The problem is the parking lots. She may have a point in denying entry, but who's to tell if someone is obviously intoxicated? Sure if they're throwing up walking into the stadium, fine, but could the Bills deny entry to someone who paid their 50 bucks or whatever, based upon apparent intoxication? Its not like they have breathalyzers set up at the gates. Also, do they want to get into arguments with "drunks" regarding entry and further delay the process?

Its really a no-win situation. She identified a legitimate problem but offers up half-hearted solutions.

Alcohol at the stadium isn't really the problem.  It would be more of a symbolic gesture.  How many here have had more than 2-3 beers at the stadium, ever?  I never have.  Its too damn expensive.

The problem is the parking lots.  She may have a point in denying entry, but who's to tell if someone is obviously intoxicated?  Sure if they're throwing up walking into the stadium, fine, but could the Bills deny entry to someone who paid their 50 bucks or whatever, based upon apparent intoxication?  Its not like they have breathalyzers set up at the gates.  Also, do they want to get into arguments with "drunks" regarding entry and further delay the process? 

Its really a no-win situation.  She identified a legitimate problem but offers up half-hearted solutions.

575909[/snapback]

If she or anyone else thinks this is limited to Buffalo, try the Meadowlands, Foxboro or any other number of stadiums on any given NFL Sunday. Also, if you want to be in a profession where your performance is subject to public scrutiny, you better thicken your skin quickly.

The point I think she's trying to make is that we (Bills nation) take this form of entertainment way too seriously...which isn't far from the truth at all.

575934[/snapback]

How is that different from the diehard fans of the other 31 teams?

That type of crazyness isnt just regulated to Western New York.

She's trying to paint every Bills fan with the same brush which is, of course, foolish. Where are all these articles and stories about fan behavior every week? The media does this once or twice a year. Plus, the stadium has never been a family friendly environment. I agree, also, that it has absolutely nothing to do with Buffalo, it's everywhere.

I love tailgating but I do agree with her about some of the behavior. People that are so drunk that they have no clue a game is going on are a problem.

I like to see the Bills take small, common sense steps to curb some of the behavior, i.e. some guy dropping f bombs in front of 10 year olds being ejected.

Unfortunately she has her points , and it is obvious to anyone that has attended games over the years. This year for the ESPN night game it was ugly . Usually you have to stand up to see the game, that evening , you couldn't see the game because of all the idiots that are fighting. I agree that drinking is not the issue ,it is the number of people attending that have the IQ of a 3 minute egg and then of course get drunk. Pretty soon we may catch up to basketball as the sport of hoodlum U. If you park in the lots you need to bring a boom with you to sweep the glass out of a path so you can leave. Lots open and they are clean. People tailgate and turn into slobs. Trash cans all over the place and they just smash bottles on the ground , throw trash all over the place , burn whatever they can find and generally go nuts. Pretty stupid behavior for adults. Finsh your beer, walk your fat ass over to the garbage can and deposit it in the can. Or collect them all in a bag and take them home. That is what the group I travel with does. Anyone that can't keep their trash collected doesn't go again.

The substitute teacher that made fun of Mularkey in front of his son at scholl should have been terminated. The !@#$s that put For sale signs in his yard should be arrested for tresspassing. Call him names , right letters , call in the talk shows all you want, but leave the family out of it. Take the big brave fan that throws snowballs, beer bottles or whatever at the players for any reason . Ban them for life from the stadium , chances are you are a woos anyway. You want to be respected meet the player one on one after the game and shoot your big mouth off . Doubt that will happen since even the smallest players would whip serious butt on most fans.

Time to bring civility back to the game , and all sports before the fun of tailgating and actual fan involvement gets regulated out of existence. B-)

Her article is dead-on correct. The fans posting here lately (not all, but many) have been negative beyond all reason. These negative fans don't deserve to have this team. I wouldn't blame Ralph if he took this franchise elsewhere -- enough is enough.

garbage!

575884[/snapback]

"And try talking to fans who attend games these days. Those true champions of the game, the ones devoted to the NFL Buffalo Bills experience, are few and far between. Sad to say, they and their families have been driven out of Ralph Wilson Stadium by a new breed of ticket holder: one who views the game as an excuse to engage in a full day extravaganza of excessive drinking, swearing, and all around idiotic behavior that includes abusive actions and unprintable words hurled directly at the team and the coaches."

It isn't garbage, she's dead on!

Undisicplined irresponsible fans that have no control over their drinking and filthy language and behavior are ruining the gameday experience for many around them in the stadium.

And she's right, no coach, ref, player, or any other person in the sport should have even consider concerns of health or safety, ever, whether they are in the stadium or not.

It's not as pervasive as she seems to imply, but it's a growing problem. I used to think that the only two stadiums where I wouldn' t want to go see Bills games are in Oakland and maybe Philadelphia from what I've heard. But when I think about opposing fans in our stadium in recent years I can't really say that I'd be too eager to come to ours unless I had a big group.

I agree with some of the points made in the article. It always amazes me how many people pay for a ticket and get so drunk that there is no way possible they could have any recolection of what they did during the game.

But , one point that was missed that I think hurts our team is the season ticket holders that aren't true fans. They buy the tickets just to turn them into a profit by selling them on Ebay to , most of the times , fans of the team we are playing against. I don't know about the rest of you people but I am sick of going to a Bills game against the Patsies and seeing more Patsie fans in the stands then Bills fans. It makes me sick !!! The Pats score and the crowd is as loud as , if not louder , than when the Bills score. It's appalling. Bills' season ticket holders should go to the game and route for the BILLS.

WE NEED TO TAKE BACK RALPH WILSON STADIUM FROM THE ENEMY !!!!!

Time to bring civility back to the game , and all sports before the fun of tailgating and actual fan involvement gets regulated out of existence. <_<

576355[/snapback]

You are right Art but a lot will disagree including those who act like she described in the article. And she did not paint with a broad brush all Bills fans but those who DO act like those in the article will try to make it appear so to give them cover.

I agree with some of the points made in the article. It always amazes me how many people pay for a ticket and get so drunk that there is no way possible they could have any recolection of what they did during the game.

But , one point that was missed that I think hurts our team is the season ticket holders that aren't true fans. They buy the tickets just to turn them into a profit by selling them on Ebay to , most of the times , fans of the team we are playing against. I don't know about the rest of you people but I am sick of going to a Bills game against the Patsies and seeing more Patsie fans in the stands then Bills fans. It makes me sick !!! The Pats score and the crowd is as loud as , if not louder , than when the Bills score. It's appalling. Bills' season ticket holders should go to the game and route for the BILLS.

WE NEED TO TAKE BACK RALPH WILSON STADIUM FROM THE ENEMY !!!!!

576438[/snapback]

Exactly. The season ticket holders who buy 100 extra tickets when season ticket sales open before individual tickets and then sell them to ticket agency who sell them to opposing fans are not Bills fans. One season ticket holder I knew justified it as a way to pay for his tickets.

I have been to Jets and Baltimore games and have never been harrassed.

Want to stop all the swearing, fighting and generally ill tempered behavior during the games? Sell weed instead of alcohol.

Of course then no one would be watching the game, they would all be waiting in line for their nachos, pretzles and other munchies.

But hey, at least no one would be fighting or swearing -- unless it's over which band is better: The Greatful Dead or Phish. (Damn hippies). <_<

yeah i know i was the problem,i wanted willis mcgahee on the sidelines on 3rd downs because that was when i was going to the fridge to get another st.paulis girl!....i didnt want to miss the action...........also every time we had the other team in a 3rd and 24 i would just call a all out blitz because i am a coach who likes to tell the other team here is what is coming lets see you do something about it!....and sometimes when i had the team on like say 1st and goal from the 3 yard line i didnt want to get the easy touchdown so i would have my wide receivers throw the tochdown or i'd like to run sneaky reverses because the fans would want exciting different playcalling that they have never seen or heard of before what can i say"i am a trendsetting type coach/oops fan"

Her article is dead-on correct.  The fans posting here lately (not all, but many) have been negative beyond all reason.  These negative fans don't deserve to have this team.  I wouldn't blame Ralph if he took this franchise elsewhere -- enough is enough.

576370[/snapback]

well when you have a "gm" that dosnt let fans bring in signs and you have to endure seasons of greg williams as a coach and then mularky and you see all the other coaches that td interviewed and didnt like hell one is in the championship game and he lost a superbowl..as a fan you have a right to be pissed.negative and watching your team being totally misrun are two way different things...and arent these the same fans who sold out just about every game at the ralph this year with a 5-11 record?there is no reason to say the team should leave because of negativity thats just plain dumbass talking! hell 1st thing ralph did when he had his press conference announcing the firing of td was to apologize to the fans for the sh------- product the past 5 seasons.no the bills fans love the bills maybe you should pick another team!