apparently the buffalo bills FANS is the

B-lo Snow

"a new breed of ticket holder: one who views the game as an excuse to engage in a full day extravaganza of excessive drinking, swearing, and all around idiotic behavior that includes abusive actions and unprintable words hurled directly at the team and the coaches."

A new breed? I think that bad fan behavior today pales in comparison to what I thought was it's peak in the mid-80s. I remember the MNF game with the Dolphins in '84 that was like a war zone. The Pats game in '86 that I saw an entire section get thrown out of. Things were way worse back then.

The 12th man is the problem

garbage!

575884[/snapback]

I find it insulting that a "professional" journalist would resort to ignorant and uninformed broad brushing of Bill's fans. The vast, I repeat, vast majority of us go to the game and enjoy watching a rooting passionately for our team and have no problems nor create any. Yes there are jerks at a Bills game, as there are jerks at High school games, little league games, on the roads, in the workplace and even in government. But that doesn't mean that it's the majority or even widespread or that it is some major problem. It simply means that the infamous squeaky wheel gets the grease. A bunch of us enjoying the game with a couple of beers and friends just doen't sell papers. Consider the source and the medium.

well when you have a "gm" that dosnt let fans bring in signs and you have to endure seasons of greg williams as a coach and then mularky and you see all the other coaches that td interviewed and didnt like hell one is in the championship game and he lost a superbowl..as a fan you have a right to be pissed.negative and watching your team being totally misrun are two way different things...and arent these the same fans who sold out just about every game at the ralph this year with a 5-11 record?there is no reason to say the team should leave because of negativity thats just plain dumbass talking! hell 1st thing ralph did when he had his press conference announcing the firing of td was to apologize to the fans for the sh------- product the past 5 seasons.no the bills fans love the bills maybe you should pick another team!

576686[/snapback]

My sentiments exactly. If you can't stand the negativity from Bills fans, you should consider becoming a Cardinals fan. From what I hear, out in Phoenix they don't get nearly as upset over their franchise's incompetence.

She needs to come watch some highschool football here in texas. I've been to many games in buffalo and many HS games here and the fans have a tendency to get a little more outta control here...just a quick example is the coach (now at baylor) who was f-ing shot by a parent, but some for sale signs are definitely something to cry over...mularkey was a weak dicked puss.

I guess this chick hasn't been to a game at the Old Rockpile.

576718[/snapback]

I still love hearing Larry Csonka talk about his first trip to Buffalo as a Dolphin...

In the locker room before the game, one of the veterans on the team told him, "Make sure you put your helmet on before you go out there." Csonka supposedly replied that since he played locally (Syracuse), he figured he'd be OK -- and besides, he had friends at the game, and he wanted to be sure they saw him.

At that point, the older player snarled, "Put your %^$&!ing helmet on, ROOKIE." Csonka complied... and when the Dolphins came out onto the field, he didn't make it more than three or four steps before being pelted in the side of the head by a full beer can.

That's ok honey, you should at least get a B+ on your 10th grade English paper for which this was written.

576718[/snapback]

LOL! She's not some kid, she a published author, a commentator on WBFO, and an aide to former county legislator Jeanne Chase.

Being a die hard Bills fan I would have to agree with the article. I lived in Charlotte NC for a few years and now in California close to Raider and Niner country.

No where near as bad as Buffalo.

Reading the past post on this board just confirm her thoughts.