Caldwell To Interview Next

BillsDaily

AP is reporting that Colts Asst. Head Coach Jim Caldwell will interview tomorrow for the head coaching job. They want to have a new coach by Tuesday and one with head coaching experience at any level is a priority.

575332[/snapback]

Interesting. How long has he been with Dungy?

Caldwell was okay at Wake..but this is a reach...Jim Grobe, the current Wake Forest Football coach, is one hell of a coach....

We have to remember, Marv is still learning this process and he is still learning about the current team. Getting these different opinions on the O, the D, Special Teams and how to right the ship are probably beneficial. I just hope it doesn't cost us the candidate they really want.

AP is reporting that Colts Asst. Head Coach Jim Caldwell will interview tomorrow for the head coaching job. They want to have a new coach by Tuesday and one with head coaching experience at any level is a priority.

575332[/snapback]

I looked at the AP site and couldn't find any news on this. Got a link?

No reason to hurry before you're sure the decision is correct. Raiders and Bills are the only two open. Sherman doesn't seem to fit in Oakland with Al. He will get the assistants he wants. Sherman, a great list of DCs, April etc.. that would be a very good coaching staff. The best we've had since Marv and Co.

575332[/snapback]

more likely Caldwll will be the Bills next offensive coordinator.

not bad pedigree coming from the Colts

you could also just PM him, tell him how much you hate him and get it out of your system.

575401[/snapback]

Anyone here think that if SDS, the man who can see all of our IPs, ect., is continually defending Soprano, then maybe we should give Soprano the benifit of the doubt?

Just a thought....

Anyone here think that if SDS, the man who can see all of our IPs, ect., is continually defending Soprano, then maybe we should give Soprano the benifit of the doubt?

Just a thought....

575458[/snapback]

FWIW, I believe this person.

With that said, the IP's don't really matter. A WNY one would lend more credence than one in Arizona, but that is why we have telephones....

FWIW

I don't care if he is Ralph Wilson, some other insider, or just another poster who is searching the net for info, and compiling it into a conclusion/hypothisis. The fact remains he has been pretty darn accurate, with any anomilies certianly understandable or explainable.

I for one look forward to reading his posts, it certianly seems he has been more "informed" than the rest of us AND the media (both local and national).

Seems like they're reaching, though...if they wanted Sherman, they would have stopped by now.  Seems they're still digging.

575360[/snapback]

I'm guessing this is another "token" interview, to satisfy the Rooney rule. They complied with the "letter" of the law by interviewing Lofton, but it was pretty obvious they weren't serious about actually hiring him as an HC. Maybe they were afraid that the NFL would see through that charade, and fine them or something. Caldwell is at least a bit more "credible" of a candidate, if they aren't going to interview TC, DE, or Rivera ....

GO BILLS!