Draft

L.I.Phil

If the Jets dont draft  D'Brickshaw will he fall to the Bills? Jets would have to be crazy to pass on him and then let another AFC East team get him. He might be the best since Orlando Pace or might be the best ever.

574112[/snapback]

they should put him in the Hall of Fame with Rggie Bush this year. <_<

If the Jets dont draft  D'Brickshaw will he fall to the Bills? Jets would have to be crazy to pass on him and then let another AFC East team get him. He might be the best since Orlando Pace or might be the best ever.

574112[/snapback]

Welcome to the forum!

It's tough for me to predict what the Jets are going to do. New coach, question marks at qb, Curtis Martin's status, cap woes...

The reaction of the Jet's fans in attendance at the draft will be a real peach. <_<

574112[/snapback]

I have a hard time comparing Ferguson with "The pancake man" in my mind. Pace was an absolutely dominant run blocker who specialized in flettening guys and knocking them off screen. I do not see that in D'Brickashaw's game. Might be a great pro but he just doesn't seem as overpowering.

I am aware you are a new poster to the board, but I don't get the love feast for D'Brickashaw Ferguson. He is short, light, with limited athletic ability. He is not a dominant run blocker and has problems with speed rushers.

If the Bills pick him 8th it would be the worst draft choice since Mike Williams. This guy has NFL bust written all over him.

In games this year against Boston College with Kiwaunka, and Virginia Tech with Darryl Tapp run over and through him. Plus Virginia had no running game at all and this is with an offensive tackle who is the "best ever".

Do this board a favor, start reading draft reports, reviewing size, speed and strength numbers and review some game tapes before you make such absurd statements.

If you do a simple comparision between Ferguson and Aubrn tackle Marcus McNeil you will see the obvious difference in physical skills.

Ferguson - 6'4" 1/2 - 298 lbs - 40 Time 5.30

McNeil - 6'7" 1/2 - 332 lbs - 40 Time 4.96

40 yard times are not significant for lineman and a better assessment is the 10 yard dash, but just the physical skills should tell you that D'Brick is way overrated and will fall to maybe the 4th or 5th tackle after the combine.

574112[/snapback]

574112[/snapback]

Isn't there always a OL compared to the Pace or Odgen??? Oh yeah, wasn't mike williams going to be one of the best ever???

574112[/snapback]

The Jets will pick a runningback with that pick (Williams or White). They need a threat there and they don't have the cap dollars to get a free agent RB. Everyone knows Curtis' time has run out. No way do they pick an offensive lineman with that first pick.

Do this board a favor, start reading draft reports, reviewing size, speed and strength numbers and review some game tapes before you make such absurd statements.

There is no need to jump on the guy! A lot of boards have D'Brickshaw as the 2nd or 3rd person taken in the draft. If he falls between now and the draft fine, things like that happen... right now D'Brickshaw is the highest rated OT in the draft and he has a valid point. So play nice

if he comes available...thank our lucky stars and take him. I don't see that happening if NYJ trades down. Actually I could see us trading with Dallas so that they can get Jay Cutler and us getting another second and a very good DT (Ngata?) or OT selection out of the first. Best scenario would be to walk out of the second round with a defensive tackle, an offensive tackle and a quality tight end. The draft seems to be heavy in quality at all three positions, so this might be a very good draft for us.

Sorry Nick, just trying to provide a little football guidance to the new guy.

If he had watched any of the University of Virginia's games he would see the Ferguson gets no push in the running game and was dominated by the NFL quality DE's such as Kiwaunka and Tapp. If these guys dominate him, for god sakes what will guys such as John Abraham, Jason Taylor, and of course Richard Seymour do to him.

Plus I think we can agree the at 298 lbs, D'Brick will need to bulk up and what will be the affect on his quickness once he does bulk-up. Its not going to get better!

There is a significant difference between collegiate stardom and NFL performance and I just want the new guy to know the difference.

There is no need to jump on the guy!  A lot of boards have D'Brickshaw as the 2nd or 3rd person taken in the draft.  If he falls between now and the draft fine, things like that happen... right now D'Brickshaw is the highest rated OT in the draft and he has a valid point.  So play nice

574170[/snapback]

The Jets will pick a runningback with that pick (Williams or White). They need a threat there and they don't have the cap dollars to get a free agent RB. Everyone knows Curtis' time has run out. No way do they pick an offensive lineman with that first pick.

574169[/snapback]

Exactly. Why would a Shi$$y team, that has needs everywhere, start with the OL?

Doesn't make sense. <_<

Best scenario would be to walk out of the second round with a defensive tackle, an offensive tackle and a quality tight end.  The draft seems to be heavy in quality at all three positions, so this might be a very good draft for us.

574174[/snapback]

Why does everyone forget we drafted everette in the 2nd or 3rd round last year? We wont be using another high pick on a TE again this year.

If you do a simple comparision between Ferguson and Aubrn tackle Marcus McNeil you will see the obvious difference in physical skills.

Ferguson - 6'4" 1/2 - 298 lbs - 40 Time 5.30

McNeil      - 6'7" 1/2 - 332 lbs - 40 Time 4.96

40 yard times are not significant for lineman and a better assessment is the 10 yard dash, but just the physical skills should tell you that D'Brick is way overrated and will fall to maybe the 4th or 5th tackle after the combine.

574152[/snapback]

Great. "Measurables".

Coy Wire had great combine stats. So did Corey Moore. So did Mike Mamula.

I suggest you take your own advice. Do this board a favor, and realize there are people who may well disagree with your opinion.

Thank you.

The Jets need a lot of of help.  I see them trading down and drafting Jay Cutler, QB Vanderbilt somewhere in the middle of the round.  Then I see them drafting heavy on the D side of the ball.

574133[/snapback]

Jets need a lot more help on O than they do depth on D. Bradway screwed up when he let Kareem McKenzie leave, and Kevin Mawae isn't getting any younger....

Dunno if they'll use their #1 there, but they're going to have to draft/sign in FA at LEAST two o-linemen. Just my opinion...

Exactly. Why would a Shi$$y team, that has needs everywhere, start with the OL?

Doesn't make sense. :o

574194[/snapback]

Maybe because it'd be smarter for them to get a franchise back with the fourth pick overall. The Jets know that one of the OTs like Winston will fall to the in the second. Do you think one of the top runningbacks will be there for them in the second round? Didn't think so, I rest my case. :D

I´d be very happy if we end up with one of the following with our 1st round pick, and chances are one of these guys WILL be available:

D´Brickashaw Fergusson

Mario Williams

Haloti Ngata

Mathias Kiawanuka

So I´m not worried.

Maybe because it'd be smarter for them to get a franchise back with the fourth pick overall. The Jets know that one of the OTs like Winston will fall to the in the second. Do you think one of the top runningbacks will be there for them in the second round? Didn't think so, I rest my case.  :o

574269[/snapback]

Yes, since we know teams need first-round RBs to succeed.

Or do we?

Shaun Alexander is the only first-round pick starting at RB this weekend. The others:

Carolina - Nick Goings (UDFA). DeShaun Foster was a 2nd-round pick.

Denver - Tatum Bell (2nd) or Mike Anderson (6th)

Pittsburgh - Willie Parker (UDFA)

Last year's champs had Corey Dillon (2nd) at RB; their opponents, the Eagles, had Brian Westbrook (3rd). Bucs had Michael Pittman (4th), the year they beat the Raiders and Charlie Garner (2nd).

And I hear the Bills had a decent second-round pick at RB themselves, once upon a time. Thurman something-or-other....