Reasons to vote for Bush

blzrul

Beats anything else you've said, Johnny Boy...

41890[/snapback]

My problem is that people actually remember what I said previously. It makes it difficult to pander to the electorate and just tell them what they want to hear, instead of what I will do for them, when they know what I said at other campaign stops.

An informed electorate will be the downfall of my campaign.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can always be counted on to throw in personal attacks to somehow give credence to your opinions.  Feel free to come around here without your security blanket guns and slap me around, you need someone to put you in your place.  My healthcare costs (deductibles, prescriptions, costs not covered) have increased more than my salary increases in the past 4 years, while previously my salary increased at a much greater rate than my similar healthcare costs.  That's a fact.  I await your childish rant.

41824[/snapback]

Yeah, let's pretend your experience certainly parallels the other 300,000,000 people in this country and that somehow the government deserves credit for it.

1997 Health & Human Services Report

"The costs of health care in America are at an ALL TIME HIGH (gee, that sounds cheaper to me), due to the increasing costs of high tech medical treatment, the increasing incidence of health problems, and an aging population."

None of these problems can be solved by government. People need to exercise, eat better, turn off their televisions, and go see their doctor annually. Preventive medicine is alot cheaper than corrective.

In a campaign speech in 1992:

"Clinton noted, "Already this year, the average elderly person is spending a higher percentage of their income on health care than they were back in 1965 before Medicare came in."" So much for solving the problem.

Your personal feelings about me mean dick.

I didn't vote for President Bush 43, President Clinton, or President Bush 41. 

The economy is a cyclical beast that does will when new ideas are spawned by the citizens.  Government generally affects it negatively, as that is the nature of the overbearer.  As I have stated numerous times in the past, the current parties only talk about raising government revenue.  They never talk about controlling spending or eliminating ANYTHING.  We are still paying mohair subsidies for crying out loud.

The Clinton Administration benefitted from virtually every necessary star lining up until oil prices started creeping up at the end of their tenure and the momentum burst the dot com bubble.  Despite these facts, they still hd to steal money from Social Security to pay for government. 

Despite spending almost $2.5 TRILLION dollars this year (a number so staggering it's virtually impossible to quantify), our children will be worse educated, there will still be virtually the same percentage of the population living in poverty, etc.  Government doesn't fix problems.  It generally creates bigger and more dangerous ones.

You call it self-rightousness.  I call it being informed.  Our Founding Fathers took up arms to escape a government JUST LIKE THIS ONE.  Your solution is to hire a multi-billionaire career politician who is as big a part of the problem as the one you hate so much.

41802[/snapback]

So Darin are you suggesting an armed revolt against our current political system? If not what remedies do you have I and many others who realize its voting for lesser of evils from each perspective are interested.

So Darin are you suggesting an armed revolt against our current political system?  If not what remedies do you have I and many others who realize its voting for lesser of evils from each perspective are interested.

41970[/snapback]

Of course I am not suggesting an armed revolt against the government - that would be illegal.

My answer has been to vote for the candidate that most closely aligns with my political views (Libertarians), instead of those who campaign one way and govern the opposite (Democrats/Republicans). There are so many people out there who are obviously dissatisfied with the current direction the country is going, yet most continue to vote the way they always have.

Of course I am not suggesting an armed revolt against the government - that would be illegal.

My answer has been to vote for the candidate that most closely aligns with my political views (Libertarians), instead of those who campaign one way and govern the opposite (Democrats/Republicans).  There are so many people out there who are obviously dissatisfied with the current direction the country is going, yet most continue to vote the way they always have.

42004[/snapback]

So answer is vote them out but how can we with todays system? Libertarian candidate not invited to debates? Last third party candidate in presidential debates was Perot. I was a reformist with Ross the first time around the second time it was clear Ross wasnt for reform he was on an ego trip. BTW My enitre presidential voting record except Bush Sr first time, and Clinton second time around has always been 3rd party candidates.

Thought provoking post.  The right wing whackos will probably hate it. OHHHHH...i just read their responses. :w00t:

41938[/snapback]

Thanks for the reassurance that the world is still round, when you compliment that post on being "thought provoking."

1) You were stating a fact that had NOTHING to do with the topic at hand. Gee, why dont I bring up the power/weight ratio of the new GE90 turbofan that is being fitted to the Boeing 777-300ER? Those are FACTS, right? But that topic has about as much relevance to this thread that your half-cocked diatribes about the people talking about John Kerry in this thread.

2) And youve got some nerve demaning others to put forth what you call "intelligent and honest" appraisals of ANYTHING, considering all youve contributed here since your arrival last week is "Bush sucks, hes a moron, hes stupid, hes responsible for everything wrong with this country".

3) And as far as your silly personal insults go, youre some hoot. Why dont you tell us all again how GWB invented "pork"??/ Do you even know what that is? Still waiting for the response to THAT one.

41842[/snapback]

1) Nothing to do with the topic at hand? I beg to differ.

2) Is that the best you can do? I pretty much agree with everything you've said about Bush here, but I've never said those things. Since my arrival last week? I've been here for a couple of years now pal.

3) It doesn't warrant a response. I never said he invented "pork". Show me where I said that.

You were stating a fact that had NOTHING to do with the topic at hand. Gee, why dont I bring up the power/weight ratio of the new GE90 turbofan that is being fitted to the Boeing 777-300ER? Those are FACTS, right?

41842[/snapback]

Yeah, but if that ratio can give us an insight into the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow, then it is very relevant.

Of course, since DC Tom is celebrating (ahem) his nuptials, here's the answer..

Yeah, but if that ratio can give us an insight into the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow, then it is very relevant.

Of course, since DC Tom is celebrating (ahem) his nuptials, here's the answer..

42068[/snapback]

But the GE-90 has a much higher thrust-weight ratio...not that that's important. The real measure of a turbofan is its bypass ratio. The GE-90 has a nice, high 9:1 bypass ratio, which is what makes it such a great long-range and (relatively) quiet engine. A sparrow, in all flight profiles and with any load, has a bypass ration of a mere 0.75:1.

But the GE-90 has a much higher thrust-weight ratio...not that that's important.  The real measure of a turbofan is its bypass ratio.  The GE-90 has a nice, high 9:1 bypass ratio, which is what makes it such a great long-range and (relatively) quiet engine.  A sparrow, in all flight profiles and with any load, has a bypass ration of a mere 0.75:1.

42083[/snapback]

And to think, somebody actually married this "book of knowledge?"

Best wishes to you and the "better half" Tom!

:w00t:

But the GE-90 has a much higher thrust-weight ratio...not that that's important.  The real measure of a turbofan is its bypass ratio.  The GE-90 has a nice, high 9:1 bypass ratio, which is what makes it such a great long-range and (relatively) quiet engine.  A sparrow, in all flight profiles and with any load, has a bypass ration of a mere 0.75:1.

42083[/snapback]

Ok, Dexter, what's the bypass ratio of the swallow once it bypasses through the GE-90?

Libertarian candidate not invited to debates?

The average person's opinion of what a Libertarian is -- a Republican with a stick up his butt. Neal Bortz is the most widely known example of a Libertarian, and as much as I enjoy his show that is how many people perceive him.

A Libertarian, Reform, Independent, Green, etc. will be invited into the mainstream process when they show some type of mainstream support. A good start would be to build the party through victories in State and local elections. You don't start with the presidency.

Ok, Dexter, what's the bypass ratio of the swallow once it bypasses through the GE-90?

http://www.geae.com/engines/commercial/ge90/ge90-115b.html

More power than the Altas Rocket that launched the Mercury capsules. A marvel of engineering.

Ever watch a performance test of new engine where they toss hundreds of birds into the engine running at 105% of N1?

Not pretty.

On a seperate note, friend of mine is getting me into a 737 sim next month. Lets see if I can grease a CAT III landing. :w00t:

The average person's opinion of what a Libertarian is -- a Republican with a stick up his butt.  Neal Bortz is the most widely known example of a Libertarian, and as much as I enjoy his show that is how many people perceive him.

42093[/snapback]

Then the average person doesn't know much about the Libertarians...

Agreed.  Sounds like an issue the Libertarians should start addressing if they want to be the 3rd major party.

42319[/snapback]

How about a major party period. I agree, building a base at the local level, then state level, should be their goals. They seem to get washed away on the national level as an aboration.

Just like a business, you have to start small first. I like alot of the libertarians platforms, However we seem to be stuck with the two party system until, maybe, one of them can obtain a Gov. or Sen. position.

Thought provoking post.  The right wing whackos will probably hate it. OHHHHH...i just read their responses. :w00t:

41938[/snapback]

I'm not a right wing whacko, and I still can't respond because everytime I do unless I stoop to the Kerry/Bush Bush/Kerry bad sound bite idiotic mentality where Dan Rather or Sean Hannity tells us how it is it takes 5 paragraphs and everyone goes away. What's the point? I'm pegged as one of the right wing whackos, and all I do is tell things like they are from my little nook and cranny. Y'all generally continue your non-stop nonsense in another thread.

Tenny, I know you go out and work for what you believe, (misguided though it might be) but most of the rest of you-WTF are YOU doing to try to make something better, or at least different? "Oh, I'm going to go vote!" Fugg that. It takes 30 friggen seconds plus the drive. For all the complaining, that's all the time you are going to devote to the future? If you don't know what you are voting about, what did you accomplish?

Thought so. Folks could read any of several well thought out pieces from either side-points of view and information withouth the rhetoric and the misinterpretations-but hey, isn't there a Buffy the Vampire Slayer re-run on USA? Ooooh-there's a special on Laci's Uncle at 10!