Remember when Marv used to say thank you...

Justice

You mean you miss the days when we had a First Ballot HOFer at QB, RB and both WR postions, playing behind one the best OLs in the game and coached by a HOF coach?

Yeah...me too.

Why cant they seem to get that situation back? It should be easier that this! :o

after making someone pay for blitzing? I miss those days. Just reminicing.

These Bills treat the blitz like it's from another planet.

41323[/snapback]

We had one of the best OLines in the game then. Kelly would be getting crushed today just as much as Bledsoe is.

Just to clarify, it wasn't Marv making people pay for the blitz. It was Jimbo. I have fond memories of Miami bringing the house on the Bills' 17-yard-line and Jimbo hitting Reed across the middle for an 83-yard TD.

I'm far from the biggest Drew-basher here but I just don't see him getting rid of the ball near quick enough to do something like that.

We sometimes forget that Kent Hull may have been the best position player on that entire offense.

41595[/snapback]

We also sometimes forget that whenever the line futzed up, Kelly was in their faces giving them chapter and verse of what-for. Yes they were good, but their quarterback wouldn't accept anything less.

I thought Marv was famous for saying  "don't be dumb, don't be dirty".  Sorry, I don't remember the "thank you for blitzing us" quote?? :blink:

41607[/snapback]

Well, I do remember "Mickey Mouse! Mickey Mouse!" That pretty much sums up the last 16 games, doesn't it?

We had one of the best OLines in the game then.  Kelly would be getting crushed today just as much as Bledsoe is.

41341[/snapback]

Umm, Kelly DID get crushed as much at the end of his career, when our OL scuked. Remember him being carted off the field in his last game? But I guess Kelly should've thrown the ball away faster. :blink:

CW

We had one of the best OLines in the game then.  Kelly would be getting crushed today just as much as Bledsoe is.

41341[/snapback]

But Kelly would get into their faces and tell them to get it right. He'd be leading them. Bledsoe doesn't do that.

Will someone please take this fuggin guys shoe laces and belt away?? Christ I think he's gonna hung up on us any minute.

41328[/snapback]

I'm still working to try and make sense of this post.....I want to be able to laugh at it, cause I think it was meant to be funny......but I don't see it......little help??

41341[/snapback]

I am sorry...but who was on that OL? I do not think any of them would be close to HOF quality O-linemen. Do not get me wrong, I think Ballard, Ricther, Hull and Davis were a great unit...but individually they were not that great...It is NOT the offensive lines fault...it is the inability to use the draft wisely to find players who can form a solid OL.

I am sorry...but who was on that OL?  I do not think any of them would be close to HOF quality O-linemen.  Do not get me wrong, I think Ballard, Ricther, Hull and Davis were a great unit...but individually they were not that great...It is NOT the offensive lines fault...it is the inability to use the draft wisely to find players who can form a solid OL.

41722[/snapback]

Ritcher and Hull are on the Wall for a reason, and outside of Dermontti Dawson, Hull was the best center in the league for about a decade. You also forgot to mention that turncoat Wolford. He was only a Pro Bowler for a while.

Those guys were good. But like I (and DCSabres) said, Jimbo made them better because he demanded it.

I thought Marv was famous for saying  "don't be dumb, don't be dirty".  Sorry, I don't remember the "thank you for blitzing us" quote?? :w00t:

41607[/snapback]

I distinctly remember Marv saying that on the day his name was put up on the Wall. It was against the Patriots in game 2 of '96. It rained most of the day. Kelly hit Billy Brooks with a bomb in the 4th to secure the win.

Inside the NFL had him miked and he had that big Marv smile as he said, "Thank you for the blitz! Thank you for the blitz!"

The week before, Andre Reed had beaten the Giants on a similar play in the Sunday (Nitro!) opener at the Meadowlands.

(Sigh)

I distinctly remember Marv saying that on the day his name was put up on the Wall.  It was against the Patriots in game 2 of '96.  It rained most of the day.  Kelly hit Billy Brooks with a bomb in the 4th to secure the win.

Inside the NFL had him miked and he had that big Marv smile as he said, "Thank you for the blitz!  Thank you for the blitz!"

The week before, Andre Reed had beaten the Giants on a similar play in the Sunday (Nitro!) opener at the Meadowlands.

(Sigh)

41974[/snapback]

Oh, man - I remember that game. The Bills had a third down in FG range, and the Pats stopped them... but there was a holding penalty that the Pats accepted in hopes of holding them again and forcing the Bills to punt. On the next play, the Pats blitzed, Kelly got rid of the ball right as he got drilled into the middle of next week, and Billy Brooks ran a post pattern untouched into the end zone. :w00t::w00t:

Jim Kelly was gutsy, tough, and had the balls the size of a rhinocerous. Every opponent respected and feared him.

That was the game that the Bills stopped Meggett on 4th & Goal from the Bills 2 with one second left. I don't think it was '96 - we beat you guys up there in '96 in what was supposed to be an AFC East "changing of the guard" game. I think the game you speak of was '94 or '95.

Either way... :w00t:

:w00t:

**Edit: You were right - it was '96.

Edited by Foxboro Mike

But Kelly would get into their faces and tell them to get it right.  He'd be leading them.  Bledsoe doesn't do that.

41695[/snapback]

And that is Bledsoe's biggest fault and, even though I think he's the guy for now, he will not be the one to make this team great.

I wish Bledsoe would get into the faces of his Lineman, unfortunately, that is not in his nature because he is too much of a nice guy.

I'll never forget when Kelly called out Ballard after that one game (Indy?), and everyone was pissed at him for doing it. But Ballard really picked up his game after that.