V-Coach - Bills interviewing Lofton today

Guess this means they'll be naming Sherman or Jauron HC tomorrow.

573907[/snapback]

and Lofton gets his frequent flier miles and thats about it........this rooney rule i think means well but clearly lofton must feel he' s wasting his time here other than maybe thinking he can get a OC or office post.

Lofton gets his name in the mix. You are probably right that it will help him get a co-ordinator post. No harm in that, and I can't think of a better guy to pull for. I think there are a number of more serious minority candidates to look at, but since this search is apparently in the bag...let it be Lofton. I'd love to see him become a successful co-ordinator and a successful head coach.

Lofton gets his name in the mix.  You are probably right that it will help him get a co-ordinator post.  No harm in that, and I can't think of a better guy to pull for. I think there are a number of more serious minority candidates to look at, but since this search is apparently in the bag...let it be Lofton.  I'd love to see him become a successful co-ordinator and a successful head coach.

573922[/snapback]

Good post...I agree.

If the Bills just wanted a token interview, wouldn't they have just interviewed Gray or Cottrell? Or even Donnie Henderson or Tim Lewis? Heck, why not Tyke Tolbert?

I think that Lofton is a more serious candidate than the MSM is giving him credit for. He still might not get the job, but I think he has a shot - and he might make a great OC for Dick Jauron.

JDG

I have a feeling that by pulling in Lofton this fast, means that Marv settled with Juron already.  I could be wrong but we'll see.  Why are they not interviewing Cotrell or Rivera?

573978[/snapback]

Well it definetly means they've decided on one of the two ....... but my gut feeling is if Juron was the clear cut winner, Lofton would have been interviewed instead of Sherman, and Juron would have already been named as our HC.

Look, it's not rocket science. Lofton was a BIG part of our SB runs and neither Marv nor Ralph forgot that, as old as they are. They need to interview a minority candidate to satisfy the Rooney Rule, and they don't want to insult Rivera or (certainly) Cottrell by bringing them in and dinging them. Those guys are already legitimate HC candidates and deserve a better shot than that. But bringing in Lofton both satisfies the Rooney Rule AND rewards James for his years of service here by getting his name out there and giving him HC interview experience. I'm sure James knows the drill and is fine with it. HE may even feel that he owes the Bills that much for resurrecting his career.