The (Evil) SportsCenter Effect

Once upon a time, a decade or two ago, ESPN was just starting. They hired a few guys named Chris Berman and Dan Patrick and Keith Olberman, who once upon a time were fairly humorous in a smartalecky kind of way. It was a little new (for sports), a little goofy, and it worked great. ESPN and SportsCenter became a phenomenon.

Unfortunately, Berman and Patrick and Olberman ruined sports forever by being sporadically mildly amusing.

Now, everyone on SportsCenter tries to be funny, like them, but they are not like them, and are not funny, and sound like complete morons.

And the same thing has happened to our lovable TSW.

There were and are a couple witty, mildly amusing old timers (and, admittedly, a couple of new timers) that once upon a time made TSW a great place for wisecracks and Pythonesque abuse, and they, unfortuntely, because they were funny, made this place nearly unbearable. Now, every tard on the coaster tries to be funny.

Except you tards forgot one thing. You're not funny. You're Stuart Scott.

So remember. If you're trying to be funny, make sure you're funny.

(To those here who are actually funny, carry on.)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we should all have to submit our posts to Kelly to be reviewed before appearing on the wall. What if someone posts something that Kelly doesn't laugh at??? We can't have that. In fact, I am going to put my membership up for review. If the Dog doesn't think I am contributing in the way he wants, I see no reason for me to continue posting. I've got my fingers crossed...

Yo, Dawg, why you finna HATE, Playa? Peep out those blamtastic posts by me!

Aw Yeah! I'm coolah than the other side ah the pillow!

Fo' Shizzle! BOOYA!*

* the preceding post has been rated NF (not funny) by the Balenced Dog Society of America. Under 18 not admitted without a comeback.

A general rule of comedy is, if you're not sure, you're not funny.  <_<

573139[/snapback]

Actually, I'm pretty sure I write funny. I'm just not sure if you'll think its funny. Funny is an art, not a science. We're just wondering what your palate is? Vulgar? Highbrow? Blue Collar? Dennis miller-esque? Que?

Actually, I'm pretty sure I write funny. I'm just not sure if you'll think its funny. Funny is an art, not a science. We're just wondering what your palate is? Vulgar? Highbrow? Blue Collar? Dennis miller-esque? Que?

573144[/snapback]

I like midget tossing. You got anything in midget tossing?

I am tired of the old banana peel slips, I need something new.

573144[/snapback]

Was this post submitted for review first or did you just go out on a limb and post it? You better hope he thinks it's good enough to be on the board...