Drew needs a perfect Offensive line

stevestojan

Ok, the easy way to defend Drew Bledsoe is to say that his O-line "sucks"... well, I can say, after watching the two games this year, that the Oline seems much improved over last year. I know Im not alone on this. No, they are not "great", but just below average sounds right.

Anyway, for those that want to use the cliche of "our Oline sucks, yadda yadda", what do you want?

Last week killed me to watch as when Drew did have time (and I can remember probably 10 times or so when he had PLENTY of time to make a decision) he looked like absolute crap; throwing at guys feet, over there heads and at a lightning speed.

The truth is, if we keep him in there, HE WILL NOT SUCCEED THIS YEAR. Period.

Do you think all of the sudden he will learn to feel pressure? Learn to get rid of the ball? Learn to throw AT the receivers instead of NEAR them? He hasnt done ANY of this in 2 full seasons, and counting. What makes you think he will all the sudden improve?

He would be a good quarterback, given protection.

However, that same logic goes for ANY QUARTERBACK that can make it in the ranks of the NFL.

ANY quarterback who can have 5 seconds to look around, and would never need to scramble would look fantastic.

The difference between great quarterbacks and crappy ones, is the great ones deal with the O-line they have, and still manage to compete.

We cannot replace the entire Oline. We made some changes, and Drew still looks like crap. Even when they completly colapse, he has been in this league long enough where he should be able to FEEL PRESSURE. And he simply cannot.

So, to those that blame the oline: no QB has a perfect line. The good QBs make due with what they have. This Oline isnt gonna be made up of all-pros any time soon (which is what Drew would need), so Drew will never be able to compete.

Instead of wanting to replace 5 players of 11, why not look at the 1 who could be replaced and work with this line; feel pressure, get out of the pocet when needed, and get rid of the goddamn ball?

Do you think all of the sudden he will learn to feel pressure? Learn to get rid of the ball? Learn to throw AT the receivers instead of NEAR them? He hasnt done ANY of this in 2 full seasons, and counting. What makes you think he will all the sudden improve?

41209[/snapback]

I think he did all those things in the game against Jacksonville. I thought he was accurate, got rid of the ball quickly, made good decisions, only took one sack.

I was surprised at Bledsoe's performance in Oakland. Yes, the guy has poor pocket presence. But I've never seen him so inaccurate. Because that was really the first time I've seen him miss open receivers like that, I think that his inaccuracy in Oakland was an aberration.

by the way...did anyone else notice that for some reason Drew is throwing his passes about 100mph.....is there a reason why a 5 yard pass to Travis Henry (mind you there is no one around him) is fired like that????

by the way...did anyone else notice that for some reason Drew is throwing his passes about 100mph.....is there a reason why a 5 yard pass to Travis Henry (mind you there is no one around him) is fired like that????

41239[/snapback]

Yeah, that's what I mean. The announces said "Henry has to catch that"...

Well, Henry was about 5 yards up field, the ball was throw well over his head (meaning he has only his hands to catch it with, and no body to help) and it was honestly throw as hard as I have ever seen Bledsoe throw one. I dont get it.

Ok, the easy way to defend Drew Bledsoe is to say that his O-line "sucks"... well, I can say, after watching the two games this year, that the Oline seems much improved over last year. I know Im not alone on this. No, they are not "great", but just below average sounds right.

Anyway, for those that want to use the cliche of "our Oline sucks, yadda yadda", what do you want?

Last week killed me to watch as when Drew did have time (and I can remember probably 10 times or so when he had PLENTY of time to make a decision) he looked like absolute crap; throwing at guys feet, over there heads and at a lightning speed.

However, that same logic goes for ANY QUARTERBACK that can make it in the ranks of the NFL.

ANY quarterback who can have 5 seconds to look around, and would never need to scramble would look fantastic.

The difference between great quarterbacks and crappy ones, is the great ones deal with the O-line they have, and still manage to compete.

We cannot replace the entire Oline. We made some changes, and Drew still looks like crap. Even when they completly colapse, he has been in this league long enough where he should be able to FEEL PRESSURE. And he simply cannot.

So, to those that blame the oline: no QB has a perfect line. The good QBs make due with what they have. This Oline isnt gonna be made up of all-pros any time soon (which is what Drew would need), so Drew will never be able to compete.

Instead of wanting to replace 5 players of 11, why not look at the 1 who could be replaced and work with this line; feel pressure, get out of the pocet when needed, and get rid of the goddamn ball?

41209[/snapback]

Blah, blah, blah.... Steve you post the same stevestojan over and over again. Drew's problems are well documented on this board. Sometimes I feel like I'm in the freaking twilight zone and I'm having deja vu every time I read some of these posts.... :o

Blah, blah, blah.... Steve you post the same stevestojan over and over again. Drew's problems are well documented on this board. Sometimes I feel like I'm in the freaking twilight zone and I'm having deja vu every time I read some of these posts....  :o

41263[/snapback]

AMEN!!!!

Blah, blah, blah.... Steve you post the same stevestojan over and over again. Drew's problems are well documented on this board. Sometimes I feel like I'm in the freaking twilight zone and I'm having deja vu every time I read some of these posts....  :o

41263[/snapback]

My bad. So, wanna talk about our colons, or how good our punter is?

Oh jeez EZC, go back to grading papers and taking lines of kids to the shitters.

41255[/snapback]

I take it these are Stevestojan's kids??

My bad. So, wanna talk about our colons, or how good our punter is?

41296[/snapback]

Colons? No. Punter? He is pretty good. Continuous Drew bashing with every problem of our team being his fault? NO! He has problems and isn't playing worth stevestojan right now but he's not the ONLY problem with this offense. To put all the blame directly on him is utterly rediculous.

Colons? No. Punter? He is pretty good. Continuous Drew bashing with every problem of our team being his fault? NO! He has problems and isn't playing worth stevestojan right now but he's not the ONLY problem with this offense. To put all the blame directly on him is utterly rediculous.

41304[/snapback]

I dont know that it is rediculous. All of the other positions have changed over the past couple season. New reciever, new olinemen, new RB. Same old crap from Drew.

Sure, with a good oline, he would be good. But as you know, that goes for any QB.

I guess i will take a hiatus from the Drew Bashing, but i just cant handle people making him out to be the golden boy still, and wanting to blame to oline.

I dont know that it is rediculous. All of the other positions have changed over the past couple season. New reciever, new olinemen, new RB. Same old crap from Drew.

Sure, with a good oline, he would be good. But as you know, that goes for any QB.

I guess i will take a hiatus from the Drew Bashing, but i just cant handle people making him out to be the golden boy still, and wanting to blame to oline.

41308[/snapback]

Not trying to defend Drew because he is sucking ass. I just think the offense collectively sucks and some are putting too much blame on Drew. I guess it's kindof like when I golf. If I play with someone who sucks I play like ass but if I play with a scratch or low handicapper I play to his level. Maybe if just one person on O would step it up we'd start to get it together.

41209[/snapback]

Brady has anywhere from 5-8 seconds to throw the ball and mismatches all over the field. People are ready to put him the HOF. Ever see what happens to him when he gets serious pressure? He looks like stevestojan.

Like the ball that he threw to Josh Reed when he was about 7 yards away?

it was a laser that was about 2 feet over his head. Josh had to jump in the air for the ball. If he dropped that ball I would have blamed Drew not Josh b/c it was a pathetic throw to a WIDE OPEN man.

Josh may have been able to pick up some yardage if he hadn't whipped it like that AND you never make the guy go up in the air over the middle.