Next season is going to be brutal.

RVJ

But there is always hope. 

Unless the golden boys hire Jauron....then we will have the first pick in the 2007 NFL draft.

If Ralph and Marv pick Jauron its going to be a disaster.

571688[/snapback]

They can pick the Olsen Twins for coach if they keep up the run regardless - through 4 quarters - and keep the clock in their side. If they use pick # 8 and that extra 3rd, and invest in the lines and a promising safety and cb, they have sufficient skill players to make a respectable showing next year. I wouldn't venture a guess as to win-loss, but if they keep the victory margin for or against to 10 or so - be it 10 - 0, or 40 - 30, it would be fine with me.

Do not lose faith! :huh:

Chicken.  The season's only 8 months away.  It's certainly not too soon to start fretting!  :huh:

571826[/snapback]

0:)

24/7 is today's norm. I fondly remember when TV left us alone for the night, fininshing with the inspirational program, Insight, a beautitful Mahalia Jackson gospel selection, and the National Anthem. Test pattern until 6 AM.

But there is always hope. 

Unless the golden boys hire Jauron....then we will have the first pick in the 2007 NFL draft.

If Ralph and Marv pick Jauron its going to be a disaster.

571688[/snapback]

even with the junk talent we have now this is a 6-10 team at least with Holcomb at QB and 3-13 with JP at QB(unless JP grows up quickly). So much depends on our HORRIBLE QB situation.We really have to hope JP works out.-And we really have to play the guy or get rid of him--no middle ground .

HOLY sh--! QB is not the problem for this f****ng team its the goddamn offensive and defensive line! The o-line couldn't block my grandmother (although I have heard her spin move compared to Freeney) and the defensive line has no pass rush to speak of. Yeah Schobel had some sexy stats, but so many of those were coverage sacks. While i was the first to jump on Nate for his high praise of himself, and then subsequent and frequent B word slaps he took from the opposition's number 1 WR, he would be 100 times better if the QBs had even a little f****ng pressure in their face. I mean come on! Sage Rosenfels looked like freakin Elway. And I have always lived by the conviction that nobody named "Sage" should even be in professional sports, he should have a boutique or something, but there he was lighting the Bills up because he had 124.2 seconds per drop back to make a decision and throw the football. So until JP or KH take up pass/run blocking or they develop a sick swim move for when they play d-line they cannot shoulder the blame. This game is won or lost in the trenches and Marv hopefully remembers this from the glory days.

EDIT: In addition, I think the Rosenfels example shows even the most novice of football fans what any NFL QB can do when he is given time to throw the ball.

I'm sure many of the posters do not remember when ML came to Buffalo from being fired in KC. He was not thought of very highly as a HC. He was the victim of following the Hank Stram legend, with a mediocre team of players, having limited success. We didn't have much of a team then, and you had to rebuild almost exclusively from the draft or trades.( No free agency). Within 3 years we had a playoff caliber team, and after that a championship caliber club.

Now we have a team with serious deficiencies that can be corrected through free agency. How does that affect a coach like Jauron? He like Marv is a delegator, so the real key is who he will have as coordinators, and will he establish a winning attitude. The asst coaches hold the key. Bring in seasoned DC and OC with Linemen and we can turn this around immediately.

HOLY sh--! QB is not the problem for this f****ng team its the goddamn offensive and defensive line! The o-line couldn't block my grandmother (although I have heard her spin move compared to Freeney) and the defensive line has no pass rush to speak of. Yeah Schobel had some sexy stats, but so many of those were coverage sacks. While i was the first to jump on Nate for his high praise of himself, and then subsequent and frequent B word slaps he took from the opposition's number 1 WR, he would be 100 times better if the QBs had even a little f****ng pressure in their face. I mean come on! Sage Rosenfels looked like freakin Elway. And I have always lived by the conviction that nobody named "Sage" should even be in professional sports, he should have a boutique or something, but there he was lighting the Bills up because he had 124.2 seconds per drop back to make a decision and throw the football. So until JP or KH take up pass/run blocking or they develop a sick swim move for when they play d-line they cannot shoulder the blame. This game is won or lost in the trenches and Marv hopefully remembers this from the glory days.

EDIT: In addition, I think the Rosenfels example shows even the most novice of football fans what any NFL QB can do when he is given time to throw the ball.

572049[/snapback]

QB IS the problem---because the lines can be fixed. The QB situation--unless JP works out...CANT be fixed. Holcomb--while a very good backup QB--is not the guy who is gonna lead us anywhere.

We have no freakin clue how good JP is unless we rebuild the line. Yes the line can be fixed but to even try and grade JP right now is ridiculous, compounded with the fact they did not even play him for the full season, which was a grave mistake in my opinion, and this kid hasn't even had a chance at anything but failure. JP had a terrible o-line and 2 retards corraborating on the play calling. Give this kid a line and an offensive mind worthy of slightly more than the PAL Flag football league then we can talk about what we have in JP. The QB position is not the problem, but it is a question mark going into next season. I definitely saw flashes from JP last year and will have no qualms about him if he goes into camp with a rebuilt o-line and wins an open competition for the QB spot. I think if he does go into camp and win an open competition he'll earn some respect in the eyes of the veterans on this team and maybe they'll stop bitching and actually back JP up (I'm talking to you EM :blink: just in case you're a lurker on TBD)

QB IS the problem---because the lines can be fixed. The QB situation--unless JP works out...CANT be fixed. Holcomb--while a very good backup QB--is not the guy who is gonna lead us anywhere.

572067[/snapback]

Are you really serious with this post? The lines can be fixed? :blink: The lines MUST be fixed. You could have the greatest qb in the world in there and if he has no time to act, or an idiot calling idiotic plays then he won't succeed. I'm not quite so fast to jump off the JP bandwagon. Let's see what the kid can do when he has some time to think and has a good power running game plan to work off of. In order to do this the line has to be the priority.

On the bright side, with the #1 overall pick, the Bills can select Brady Quinn and get rid of JP Losman. They will probably screw that up as well and end up at #2 or #3. I do not see the team getting better. It will get worse before it gets better.

572049[/snapback]

I agree with your assessment of our lines..completely--but they can be fixed...If JP isnt the answer--then the QB situation is verry difficult to fix.

I agree with your assessment of our lines..completely--but they can be fixed...If JP isnt the answer--then the QB situation is  verry difficult to fix.

573384[/snapback]

Trade the 2007 first rounder to minny for Culpepper. Problem solved. Use this years to shore up the oline/dline and depth. Sign a couple FAs.

Are you really serious with this post? The lines can be fixed?  <_<  The lines MUST be fixed. You could have the greatest qb in the world in there and if he has no time to act, or an idiot calling idiotic plays then he won't succeed. I'm not quite so fast to jump off the JP bandwagon. Let's see what the kid can do when he has some time to think and has a good power running game plan to work off of. In order to do this the line has to be the priority.

572087[/snapback]

I really dont see where we are disagreeing.Im not off the JP bandwagon---but im not assuming he is gonna be fine either...we shall see.