Clayton says Haslett pretty much out

Chilly

On sportscenter tonight, Clayton said that Haslett is pretty much out of the running for the job, and he's going to become the Head Coach of Detroit in all likelyhood.

He thinks that it's down to Juron and Sherman, with Juron having a slight lead right now after his interview.

So, the guy who hasn't interviewed yet is in 2nd place?  wow, Clayton nailed that one.

571530[/snapback]

Haha, I was thinking the same thing when he said that. It'll change tomorrow.

Sherman will have the lead after his interview (fingers crossed that he brings Jim Bates with him)

571532[/snapback]

I hope so. :-)

I like Sherman.

Of the candidates left I like Sherman or Peyton. Does anyone know what kind of defense Bates or Jauron likes or is partial too. Hopefully it fits with the type of players already here and not a whole new scheme with which to get acclimated too!

571538[/snapback]

Peyton is to be named the new Saints HC.

Fat Freddie Smerlas seems to think that Detroit already knows who they are going with, but are going through the charade of interviewing everyone. Of course, Smerlas said they were going to go with Mike Singletary (said Millen was stung by charges of racism for his last coachig hire!), so what does he know?

Didn't Clayton say Haslett was "the Bills man" just a few days ago? Didn't one of the ESPN "experts" say it was "90%" that Haslett would wind up in Buffalo? Where do these people come up with this shti?

Well call me stupid but I thought the Buffalo gig was Haslett's dream job? So you mean to tell me that His Boy Sherman (minus dog Peabody) is reporting that someone won't take a job that hasn't been offered to him yet, despite not so private pinings about how he's wanted this job all along? Makes no sense.

And I think I'm dizzy from my own run-on sentence.

Bottom line, no way Haslett signs with anyone until he at least interviews for the Buffalo job. Unless they flat-out tell him they're not interested in Haslett. I mean the Rams, Lions and Raiders jobs are still open, it's not panic time yet.