The Bill's HC job is no prize

I think that a fellow wishing to get a bump into the pro ranks or a guy that is playing out the string and appreciates a paycheck for some amount of time may come here.

Face it - Levy would like the GM/HC crown...

571280[/snapback]

I see Levy as a stop gap of 2-3 years as a GM and when a new HC is hired, you would think he would get at least the same commitment of 2-3 years. Therefore, ML's chances of being a HC again are somewhere between slim and none.

I think that a fellow wishing to get a bump into the pro ranks or a guy that is playing out the string and appreciates a paycheck for some amount of time may come here.

Face it - Levy would like the GM/HC crown...

571280[/snapback]

Marv is a man of character. When he was evasive at the initial PC, you had reason for concern. When he and Ralph came out and publicly stated that Marv will not be coach, that concern should have been addressed.

I see Levy as a stop gap of 2-3 years as a GM and when a new HC is hired, you would think he would get at least the same commitment of 2-3 years.  Therefore, ML's chances of being a HC again are somewhere between slim and none.

571300[/snapback]

Crafty Marv has been in the hunt to get back in for years. He probably pestered folks walking down the street to hear his speil. He made intimations, gave MM a most lukewarm nod - MM knew he would be both legless and b*lless, so he left.

I admire MM for not working under a constant whip and craning his neck and having to look over his shoulder daily. He was set up by Marv et al.

Myself, I would have fired him for performance, but have enough respect for the guy to not keep him on as a eunech hoping he leaves.

We can argue this and that way, but it seems to be that the Bill's HC job, with all the recent openings, is not being considered a plum.

That's bad.

I've got to imagine that the opportunity to work under a highly successful HofF HC would be a tremendous opportunity for anyone to improve at their craft.

If you get hired and Marv sinks you, how will that reflect on Marv. I believe that this is a tremendous opportunity for ML to show his ability at a defferent level of footbal

We can argue this and that way, but it seems to be that the Bill's HC job, with all the recent openings, is not being considered a plum.

That's bad.

571364[/snapback]

That's B.S. There are THIRTY-TWO jobs like this in the world. It's one of the most exclusive members-only clubs around. Mularkey was a damned fool for quitting, and he'll not likely get a 2nd chance somewhere else.

The Bills are not going to have trouble filling the position. The key is making the right choice.

That's B.S.  There are THIRTY-TWO jobs like this in the world.  It's one of the most exclusive members-only clubs around.  Mularkey was a damned fool for quitting, and he'll not likely get a 2nd chance somewhere else.

The Bills are not going to have trouble filling the position.  The key is making the right choice.

571379[/snapback]

Well, BS on you, my friend! :huh:

Seemingly, the HC position counts for something. In a limited field, there is nothing spiffy about being the 32nd choice. There are thousands that would like the job and the $$$ - that's obvious...who doesn't know that?

Open up the eball eye - the Bill's gig is simply not a prime one in the eyes of the select few.

Well, BS on you, my friend! :huh:

Seemingly, the HC position counts for something. In a limited field, there is nothing spiffy about being the 32nd choice. There are thousands that would like the job and the $$$ - that's obvious...who doesn't know that?

Open up the eball eye - the Bill's gig is simply not a prime one in the eyes of the select few.

571399[/snapback]

It may not be a prime one, but I seriously doubt it's anywhere near the "32nd choice". The Bills are frequently mentioned as one of the best orgs to play for in the league (FWIW), and their training facilities are in the upper echelon of the league. I can't imagine it's too much different between players and coaches.

It may not be a prime one, but I seriously doubt it's anywhere near the "32nd choice". The Bills are frequently mentioned as one of the best orgs to play for in the league (FWIW), and their training facilities are in the upper echelon of the league. I can't imagine it's too much different between players and coaches.

571405[/snapback]

No, not the 32 choice - but that's the field.

I don't believe the Bills are these days one of the best organizations to work for - oddball drafts, failures on the field, staff in transit. etc. Whatever competence the business purports, it didn't show up on the field. The paying public didn't get any value for $ or emotion spent. They have pretty much been door-to-door aluminum siding salesmen IMO.

I know they were previously lauded for their acumen, but what can that mean after the last 5 years or so? When Levy showed up on tv for the announcement of his re-hire, my impression was of a performance by a carnival barker.

I think Levy was a terrible hire.

Guest BackInDaDay
Anyone else deeply disturbed with the thought of a "lusting Levy"?

571398[/snapback]

Almost scared me away from the rest of the thread! 0:)

Cincy, my biggest fear is that Marv capitulates (I know half the board is thinking of a lusting Levy again :huh:) to Ralph concerning football matters.

He may have had ambitions that could have caused a rift between himself and the insecure Mularkey, but with his ambitions exposed and dismissed (along with his coach), he could settle into his new role and surprise a lot of us. As long as he has Ralph's ear (or maybe just a half of one of those things), he may be able to deflect Wilson's scrutiny of football matters away from the coaching staff and find a peacefull coexistence between Ralph's demands and those of the coaches.

He may turn out to be just who we needed at this juncture.

Is your brain frozen?  :huh:

0:)

571493[/snapback]

Gosh, I hope not!

But Marv is more of a contemporary of mine - age wise - than yours, and I gain impressions of my own temporal ilk that youngers don't detect.

'Tis not easy to critize Marv, but I feel so moved.

I am sorry I have disappointed you. :(

You know I luv ya.  0:)

571651[/snapback]

I hope that you love me too, because sadly, I am thinking that s i c is on the money here.

A coach will be coming to town with an 81 year old breathing down his neck to take his job, and an 87 year old owner who is becoming "more involved."

The 81 year old will, as GM, have final say wrt the draft one would think, and he has been out of football for 10 years, despite attempts to return. This, by any stretch of the imagination, sounds ugly imo.

Do you think that ESPN will feature our War Room on draft day? They might be afraid that our leaders will be taking naps. :(

The situation is absurd. Has anything like this ever worked in any professional sport? Has it ever happened at all? Maybe Modrak can catch a Jet Blue Shuttle in from Florida and talk things over with this fun bunch from time to time. I hope so.

In the meantime, we could certainly use a head coach and a staff. I hope that we can land someone who has his wits about him and has been around football for the last decade. :huh: