E$PN: Jauron Strong Canidate For Bills HC

So for everyone that doesn't like the pick of Dick Jauron who do they suggest keeping in mind Ralph will not pay too much money. Everyone seems to be clamoring for an experienced head coach, but what experienced coach is going to take a job with a franchise that pretty much guarantees him bottom-5 money?

I'd like to see them look more seriously at Jim Fassel but if they pick Jauron or Sherman i can live with it. Unless we are in the interview room with Ralph and Marv we have no clue about these candidates strengths and weaknesses.

Why this "bottom 5 money" thing? I suspect it is a result of Wade, Williams and Mularkey not being paid top dollar. The fact is none of them came with a resume that would have taken them out of the bottom third of head coaches. Levy and Wilson are not stupid men and they know the team probably needs a coach who can win and that coach may demand top dollar. I don't think money will be the issue as much as the disarray the team is in and the fact that the offensive line is worse than mediocre. Would you pay Haslett, Sherman or Jauron top dollar given their recent performance? No point in putting in a dollar to get a nickel song.

Why are some people so negative?  Let's support the new coach..whoever it is, and Marv.  I trust that he won't appoint a head coach that can't coach.

571153[/snapback]

The new HC = assclown to >50% of the people here. This is just the way it is.

Why this "bottom 5 money" thing?  I suspect it is a result of Wade, Williams and Mularkey not being paid top dollar. 

571235[/snapback]

It's not even that they didn't get TOP dollar. They were at the bottom. What have you seen about the head coach so far to point a change in that policy? I'm not saying pay too much for the Mike Mularkeys of the world, but you get what you pay for.

We are not as bad as some of us think. But we need to shore up the OL and DL. Just think how great L. Evans and R. Parrish will look if our QB has time to throw the ball. Not to mention McGahee with a few holes to run through. Keep the faith people. Things can change quickly in the NFL with the right coaching and some good acquisitions. Go Bills !!

571202[/snapback]

so shines a ray of hope, in a weary world.

Word...

And I got laughed at for suggesting Martz. There's no way Jauron is a better head football coach than Mike Martz. I knew the Bills were going to pull this schit.

"But Martz drove the Rams into the ground," cry the ignorant. One year they don't make the playoffs (with Martz out sick) and he's run the team into the ground? How stupid people are on here. If you'd really rather have Dick Jauron over Mike Martz you are all smoking crack.

And I got laughed at for suggesting Martz. There's no way Jauron is a better head football coach than Mike Martz. I knew the Bills were going to pull this schit.

"But Martz drove the Rams into the ground," cry the ignorant. One year they don't make the playoffs (with Martz out sick) and he's run the team into the ground? How stupid people are on here. If you'd really rather have Dick Jauron over Mike Martz you are all smoking crack.

571452[/snapback]

I think the Mike Martz fans here are way off base. Martz coached a dome team, inherited practically all his good players (just take a look at HIS drafts for comparison), chased a great special teams coach out of town (his STs are still the worst in football), has perennially had horrible defenses, but somehow managed to be competitive in the worst division in football plus he has serious health issues - and besides that, is a true smug ass. Now what characteristic from those above would make him qualified to coach a Northeastern blue-collar team?

Just askin' ...

I think the Mike Martz fans here are way off base.  Martz coached a dome team, inherited practically all his good players (just take a look at HIS drafts for comparison), chased a great special teams coach out of town (his STs are still the worst in football), has perennially had horrible defenses, but somehow managed to be competitive in the worst division in football plus he has serious health issues - and besides that, is a true smug ass.  Now what characteristic from those above would make him qualified to coach a Northeastern blue-collar team?

Just askin' ...

571473[/snapback]

:huh:

Great post.

This guy is a WAY better candidate than Sherman or Haslett.  He should have been our coach 2 years ago.

571146[/snapback]

I agree. Jauron is a very solid coach. He was good with a low talent squad in Chicago. He is as good of a coach as Marv was when he came here.

571452[/snapback]

Anyone on this mesage board could have won that SB as head coach with the talent Martz had.Yet --he blew it.Then--as his team became more his own--it slid more and more into mediocrity.