I can't seem to find the puck...

MRudney

Brilliant! :blink:

I hope the fox down and yards to go arrow in the NFL follows the same path.

570439[/snapback]

Uh, I think it is safe to say, that is here to stay...all the networks use it now....what I hate now, besides the zillion "fantasy updates" traveling across the screen, is CBS's new "Red Zone" stats image...just show me the fuggin' game!

Uh, I think it is safe to say, that is here to stay...all the networks use it now....what I hate now, besides the zillion "fantasy updates" traveling across the screen, is CBS's new "Red Zone" stats image...just show me the fuggin' game!

570470[/snapback]

Yes but you MUST understand exactly where the red zone is!

People just don't understand! :blink:

Now we understand why some animals eat their own young.

Maybe they should put a glowing blue orb around the puck so we can see it better.    :D

570422[/snapback]

That sucked and the NBC/CBS (i can't remember which network was playing the game) has a shift tracker so you know when your favorite "star" player is on the ice. They keep trying to re-invent the wheel, just show the damn game. I know who is on the ice because the players have these little things on their jersy's called NUMBERS. Not to mention that every player has subtle nuances to their game that make them instantly recognizable from a far.

That sucked and the NBC/CBS (i can't remember which network was playing the game) has a shift tracker so you know when your favorite "star" player is on the ice.  They keep trying to re-invent the wheel, just show the damn game.  I know who is on the ice because the players have these little things on their jersy's called NUMBERS.  Not to mention that every player has subtle nuances to their game that make them instantly recognizable from a far.

570505[/snapback]

When will TV people learn that you turn off more fans with that stupid crap than you gain casual viewers by putting it in?

The blue puck goes down as the dumbest TV sports idea ever. Well....except for the red "tail" on slap shots. :D

JSTFG!

When will TV people learn that you turn off more fans with that stupid crap than you gain casual viewers by putting it in?

The blue puck goes down as the dumbest TV sports idea ever.  Well....except for the red "tail" on slap shots.  :D

JSTFG!

570522[/snapback]

Novel ideas have been known to work in the past.

People don't realize it but, you know the color band (usually yellow... light blue if you were a Nordique fan :D ) that is painted on the boards where it meets the ice? I heard that was put in for TV years ago... So the viewers could distinguish the puck and also where the ice meets the boards.

On another note:

After how many years of cable TV... Bill Wirtz (Blackhawks owner) finally caved in and home games will be televised in the Chicago area. :D:D

I guess he never really gave a sh*t about the "causual viewer"... Gotta admire him for his convictions! :lol::lol:

Novel ideas have been known to work in the past.

On another note:

After how many years of cable TV... Bill Wirtz (Blackhawks owner) finally caved in and home games will be televised in the Chicago area. :D  :D

I guess he never really gave a sh*t about the "causual viewer"... Gotta admire him for his convictions!  :D  :lol:

570530[/snapback]

Yep, but how many times did Ferraro and the other guy mention how the next Edmonton game was on "Pay per View" .....uh, don't like the sounds of that. Is that the new wave?

My gut tells me only succesful in a few towns, like the east coast Canadian cities, Philly, Detroit, Denver maybe, but still it was first time I had heard of game being pay per view.

Next issue, hate it when we do not get the Buffalo feed. God, how many times can ferraro throw out stale lines like "better check to make sure his chicklets are on there" Lordy how i pine for Rick and Jim on every telecast.

And yea the picture sucked.

And oh yea, the Sabres better be careful with some of the diving and whining their doing.

Yep, but how many times did Ferraro and the other guy mention how the next Edmonton game was on "Pay per View"  .....uh, don't like the sounds of that. Is that the new wave? 

My gut tells me only succesful in a few towns, like the east coast Canadian cities, Philly, Detroit, Denver maybe, but still it was first time I had heard of game being pay per view.

Next issue, hate it when we do not get the Buffalo feed. God, how many times can ferraro throw out stale lines like "better check to make sure his chicklets are on there"  Lordy how i pine for Rick and Jim on every telecast.

And yea the picture sucked.

And oh yea, the Sabres better be careful with some of the diving and whining their doing.

570540[/snapback]

Diving? Maybe but name a team that doesn't. Whining? The Sabres are far from the worst in that department. The Mapleleafs start complaining 2 hours before they drop the puck.

Diving?  Maybe but name a team that doesn't.  Whining?  The Sabres are far from the worst in that department.  The Mapleleafs start complaining 2 hours before they drop the puck.

570543[/snapback]

Just looks to me like they are starting to whine to the ref just a wee much, and that will come back to haunt you in that league.