Jauron Tuesday, Sherman Wed.

Mark VI

The local news announced the above interviews at 6pm. No Haslett interview on the horizon yet. Yet he's begging for the job in the press.

Hmmm...

570144[/snapback]

Are Ralph and Marv showing some sense? I think they would like him for DC but aren't at all sure for HC, especially at his rumored price(close to $3 mil).

Given the choice between haslett/sherman and Jauron I'd take Haslett anyday. People are overratingSherman. Yeah he made the playoffs a few times, but that was mostly do to brett favre and playing in perhaps the weakest division in the nfl. Haslett is a blue collar guy. Smash mouth no nonsense football, which is the kind of coach we need. Haslett isn't my #1 choice but I'd definitly prefer him over Jauron or Sherman

Given the choice between haslett/sherman and Jauron I'd take Haslett anyday. People are overratingSherman.  Yeah he made the playoffs a few times, but that was mostly do to brett favre and playing in perhaps the weakest division in the nfl.  Haslett is a blue collar guy. Smash mouth no nonsense  football, which is the kind of coach we need.  Haslett isn't my #1 choice but I'd definitly prefer him over Jauron or Sherman

570153[/snapback]

Hasletts rep is so overrated. That 2000 10-6 year was long ago. ( Hell, Jauron once had a 13-3 year ) The Saints underachieved for 4 years and he looked lost on Offense, despite having a OL full of talent and good RB's.

I could care less that he once played here and always considered him a dim bulb who lacked composure. Not impressed at all.

And the Bills still haven't scheduled an interview for him. Maybe that " informal contact " ( him begging ) didn't go well.

Guys all THREE of these retreads are losers.  The only difference with Haslett is that he desperately wants the job.

Ugh.

570161[/snapback]

How can you consider Sherman a Loser in 5 years he had 1 bad season this year he lost 2 wr 3 rbs and a bunch of others throught the season. SHerman definately is the best for this position IMO.

How can you consider Sherman a Loser in 5 years he had 1 bad season this year he lost 2 wr 3 rbs and a bunch of others throught the season. SHerman definately is the best for this position IMO.

570165[/snapback]

NFC North

the only time sherman won that division is when the divisions were re-done and tampa went to the nfc south. Sherman has as good of a case as Martz in the regard that they built up wins in a porous division. I'd rather not hire any of these people. If the choices are guys like sherman and jauron I'd rather go the coordinator route the best offensive coordinator in the game the past few years Al Saunders.

NFC North

the only time sherman won that division is when the divisions were re-done  and tampa went to the nfc south.  Sherman has as good of a case as Martz in the regard that they built up wins in a porous division.    I'd rather not hire any of these people.  If the choices are guys like sherman and jauron  I'd rather go the coordinator route the best offensive coordinator in the game the past few years  Al Saunders.

570167[/snapback]

Shermans first season was 2001 and below is the divison standings of 2001

NFC Central

Team W L T PCT PF PA Home Road AFC NFC DIV Streak

yz-Chicago 13 3 0 .812 338 203 7-1 6-2 3-1 10-2 6-2 Won 4

x-Green Bay 12 4 0 .750 390 266 7-1 5-3 3-1 9-3 6-2 Won 3

x-Tampa Bay 9 7 0 .562 324 280 5-3 4-4 2-2 7-5 4-4 Lost 1

Minnesota 5 11 0 .312 290 390 5-3 0-8 1-3 4-8 3-5 Lost 4

Detroit 2 14 0 .125 270 424 2-6 0-8 0-4 2-10 1-7 Won 1

So in his first year the last year of this divison he was 12-4 and missed the divison titlle by one game. Yep such a loser dont need this type of winner for our losing team lets get an unproven loser to continue our losing. Great Idea!!!!

I'd take Jauron over Sherman or Haslett...

570177[/snapback]

Agreed. Jauron was dealt a blow after 2001 losing ted washington, anthony thomas playing over his head. The guy won the nfc north at 13-3 with Jim F'n Miller as his quaterback. Much more impressive then barely sneaking out wins with Brett Favre. I'd rather none of them, but if the choice is Jauron or Sherman I'll take Jauron.

570165[/snapback]

my thoughts exactly.. Sherman looks like a good fit.. but does he want to be here??

Given the choice between haslett/sherman and Jauron I'd take Haslett anyday. People are overratingSherman.  Yeah he made the playoffs a few times, but that was mostly do to brett favre and playing in perhaps the weakest division in the nfl.  Haslett is a blue collar guy. Smash mouth no nonsense  football, which is the kind of coach we need.  Haslett isn't my #1 choice but I'd definitly prefer him over Jauron or Sherman

570153[/snapback]

i'm with you. i want haslett, and it's really based on a gut instinct. i think he'll do well here. my unsubstantiated fear is that marv doesn't want anyone under the age of 55 (this isn't a joke).

Haslett is a blue collar guy. Smash mouth no nonsense  football, which is the kind of coach we need. 

570153[/snapback]

The most recent Bill of Goods sold us was the "Steelers of the AFC East" - this sounds like a bit of the ol' Deja Vu?

Agreed.  Jauron was dealt a blow after 2001 losing ted washington,  anthony thomas playing over his head. The guy won the nfc  north at 13-3 with Jim F'n Miller as his quaterback. Much more impressive then barely sneaking out wins with Brett Favre.    I'd rather none of them, but if the choice is Jauron or Sherman I'll take Jauron.

570185[/snapback]

So, you seem to be saying that you hold winning against Sherman because he had a good team, but will give Jauron a free pass because his team stunk?

Can't go along with that one. Give me the proven winner anyday.