Plane Diverted Because of Cat Stevens

Peter

They should keep him out. His music sucks and so does his attitude. He's an oddbird amonst oddbirds.

41008[/snapback]

Can't speak to his attitude or how odd of a bird he is, but "Tea for the Tillerman" has been with me since childhood, and is far and away a great album that I'll always take with me.

This is just nuts and seems to typify the overreaction syndrome gripping this administration. I'm with the rest of you when it comes to protecting the homeland, but Cat Stevens, a treat? C'mon. I wouldn't look kindly upon someone who may have contributed to Hamas either, but the extent of that isn't even clear, is it?

I couldn't stand his music, although my girlfriend at the time liked him and so, well, I pretended I did. :blink:

This is just nuts and seems to typify the overreaction syndrome gripping this administration.  I'm with the rest of you when it comes to protecting the homeland, but Cat Stevens, a treat?  C'mon.  I wouldn't look kindly upon someone who may have contributed to Hamas either, but the extent of that isn't even clear, is it?

I couldn't stand his music, although my girlfriend at the time liked him and so, well, I pretended I did.  :blink:

41827[/snapback]

Odds are this didn't get to the level of "the administration" before the decision was made. Most likely, his name is similar to someone on a watch list somewhere, which forced some government drone into following an inviolable procedure requiring that he not be allowed in the country.

I'm pretty sure if Ted Kennedy can be confused with someone on a terrorist watch list, it can happen with Cat Stevens...

This is just nuts and seems to typify the overreaction syndrome gripping this administration.  I'm with the rest of you when it comes to protecting the homeland, but Cat Stevens, a treat?  C'mon.  I wouldn't look kindly upon someone who may have contributed to Hamas either, but the extent of that isn't even clear, is it?

I couldn't stand his music, although my girlfriend at the time liked him and so, well, I pretended I did.  :w00t:

41827[/snapback]

OK, but don't scream "They didn't do enough" when something happens or someone slips through.

I'm reminded of those who demand that every shipping container coming to US ports gets torn down and inspected. Of course, it would cost billions of dollars of equipment and personnel, cause the shut-down of the US economy and the discharge of millions of workers in countless kinds of jobs, a world-wide Rosen of the global economy.... To some, that's a mere triviality compared to attacking this administration and political gain...

Stevens is a jerk and his music blows  also he knew he wasnt allowed in the US then why was he trying to get to Wshington DC.The obvious answer is he is a Muslims ,,eliminate him. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

41897[/snapback]

He should avow Christianity or Judaeism and take a plane to certain Muslim countries. A flight diversion might be the least of his problems.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Stevens is a jerk and his music blows  also he knew he wasnt allowed in the US then why was he trying to get to Wshington DC.The obvious answer is he is a Muslims ,,eliminate him. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

41897[/snapback]

Eliminate people who use bad spelling and grammar often also, and ban them from PPP. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Not really, but it felt good to say it!!! :P:o:o:o

:blink: