Was Cowher running up the score?

When the Steelers took over with a minute left, I thoiught "there's no way they try to score...they'll take a knee."  But Cowher had to give Bettis a chance to puch it in.  He deserved to lose for that.  Lucky for him, Manning/Dungy couldn't call the right plays to take advantage.

PTR

568917[/snapback]

Against that normally potent Colts offense, getting another 7 pts would NOT be running up the score.

No.  Cowher did exactly what he should have done.

Ninety-nine times out of 100, Bettis scores on that play from 2 yards out.

Unfortunately, Big Ben tackled Harper...if Harper gets by him, we're talking about maybe the biggest playoff collapse since The Comeback.

Mike

568925[/snapback]

Incredible play by Roethlisberger. The announcers failed to emphasize that he took the correct deep angle to cut (Harper's) right side of the field off, as well as make a great tackle.

That kid showed brass balls today. Awesome performance.

Incredible play by Roethlisberger. The announcers failed to emphasize that he took the correct deep angle to cut (Harper's) right side of the field off, as well as make a great tackle.

569101[/snapback]

The Colts had 3 timeouts.

I thought the Steelers were gonna blow the game because they went into the "prevent offense".  They were trying to kill clock running the ball from mid 3rd Qtr on but at 21-10 it kept Indy right in the game since running doesn't get points.  Had Pittsburgh kept up with the passing game mixed with a few runs that game would not have been such a nailbiter in the end.

568934[/snapback]

Does anyone know the status of Big Bens throwing arm? He got knocked pretty hard on it early in the 3rd quarter, got a welt between the elbow and shoulder according to Armen, and I think threw 2 or 3 passes after that. That, besides the fact that they have a great running game with 2 quality backs and an amazing OL. If he's at all injured and not 100% for next Sunday, might as well not even play and give Denver the AFC. Without Big Ben at 100%, they are a completely different team.

I'd bet a billion dollars that if Mularkey was still the Steelers OC, they would have PASSED on 1st down and it would have been picked and returned 103 yards for a TD and the Steelers would have lost. No kidding.

569213[/snapback]

was mularkey the OC for pitts when they went to the SB?

NO.

With the Colts high-powered O... They had to get in for 7. 3 would have been a nice but, the Colts could have won with one throw!

I am soooooo GLAD that the Steelers won. Indy, like the Bears (Bears more so) are "paper tigers."

My playoff picture is complete.

NE out, check.

CHI out, check.

Indy out, check.

:w00t::angry:

NO.

With the Colts high-powered O... They had to get in for 7.  3 would have been a nice but, the Colts could have won with one throw!

I am soooooo GLAD that the Steelers won.  Indy, like the Bears (Bears more so) are "paper tigers."

My playoff picture is complete.

NE out, check.

CHI out, check.

Indy out, check.

:w00t:  :angry:

569340[/snapback]

Yeah but the Colts had 3 timeouts.

569101[/snapback]

And an "Honorable" mention to Harper's wife who sliced his knee open at 3:30 AM perhaps?

"And the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou take out the Holy Kneeldown play, for thy opponant has 3 timeouts. Then, shalt thou count to three, no more, no less, to remember that thy opponant has thrice the timeouts.

Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shalt be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once thy know the opponants timeouts to be by counting to the number three, being the third number, be reached, then runnest thy Jerome from Bettis. Amen'"

"And the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou take out the Holy Kneeldown play, for thy opponant has 3 timeouts.  Then, shalt thou count to three, no more, no less, to remember that thy opponant has thrice the timeouts.

Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shalt be three.  Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three.  Five is right out.  Once thy know the opponants timeouts to be by counting to the number three, being the third number, be reached, then runnest thy Jerome from Bettis. Amen'"

569390[/snapback]

Bravo! Gavin. :w00t: