Manning: a great QB?

A QB can have every passing record in the book, but what good is he if he falls to pieces in crunch time?  If the Colts lose today, Manning will be 3-6 in the playoffs.  Is being a stat whore enough?  Big numbers...no jewelry.

PTR

568381[/snapback]

Ever hear of a guy named John Elway? Couldn't win the big one.

I've heard of john elway. he won the big one.

Ever heard of a guy named marino?  couldn't even get to the big one.

568398[/snapback]

But how many time did John LOSE the big one before he won it? (Actually the PROPER wayh to ask that question is, "How many time did the Broncos, with Elway at QB, lose the big ones before they won one?")

Promo, posted this same question in another thread. I answered his question and he never responded. Thus I will answer it here again.

Here is the thing I see with Peyton. A couple of years ago against the Patriots, the Indianapolis recievers were getting mobbed by Ty Law and the goons of the Patriots secondary. Thus the Ty Law Rule (or the 5 yard bump rule) was re-inforced.

This year (if you have been watching this game at all) nearly the entire first half and the start of the second, Peyton was getting recked by the Pittsburgh defensive before he could have time to survey the field.

Peyton aside ::: The Colts defense did not show up to play today. They did not play as well as they could have.

Now lets put this together = Peyton not having enough time to throw + the defense laying a goose egg = a Indianapolis loss.

Now how can you put this loss on the shoulders of Peyton Manning? He had 2 bad passes (that I have seen) thus far. One that should have been picked off (that was thrown to Wayne) and another one that kinda was picked off but was taken back.

It is amazing how when the Patriots TEAM wins 3 Super Bowls, BRADY truly won those games. So I guess it is only fair then when the COLTS lose the playoff games, it is squarely based on Peyton manning.

A QB can have every passing record in the book, but what good is he if he falls to pieces in crunch time?  If the Colts lose today, Manning will be 3-6 in the playoffs.  Is being a stat whore enough?  Big numbers...no jewelry.

PTR

568381[/snapback]

He gets my vote for HOF right now.

Corp000085 Posted Today, 03:51 PM

I've heard of john elway. he won the big one.

Ever heard of a guy named marino? couldn't even get to the big one.

Marino played in Super Bowl XIX. So he did get there.

I personally feel bad for Manning, I'd rather see him and the Colts than any of the other teams. Nothing personal, just not a big fan of the Steelers or Broncos.