Matt Schaub last night for Falcons

zow2

Wow,  nice work for the rookie QB who gets no publicity.  If Losman put up those stats I can't imagine what this board would look like?!?  I doubt Atlanta posters are screaming to start Schaub though!

2089[/snapback]

Maybe because Atlanta's starter doesn't suck?

Wow! Let's hope really really hard that Atlanta cuts him.

Then we can grab him with the extra money TD is saving by not signing Schoebell, Williams, and Jennings! Not to mention we'll have to pass a lot more once TD trades both Travis to Miami and Willis to Philly.

Yeah, Vick has been amazing in his handful of games.  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

2111[/snapback]

It's ok, I understand you're sensitive defending your washed up hero. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: too

Schaub looked bad last week. These are rookies in training camp. They're going to make progression, they're going to look stellar sometimes and way over their heads the rest of the time. This is what rookies do, excepting a special few.

Losman is playing well and he'll be well served watching Drew, whether Drew is doing the right thing or not. If he isn't, Losman will be ready to step in and be our Tom Brady, without the feminine side. :lol:

In the meantime, wouldn't it be nice to see Drew, a nice guy, succeed? When is the last time that happened? Someone please enlighten me.

I REALLY liked Schaub coming out of college, and in every single one of my mock drafts I did before this year's draft, I had the Bills slated to pick him up in the 3rd round. That being said, I'm much happier we got Losman over Schaub.

Schaub is going to be a very solid backup in the NFL for the next decade. I'm glad he is doing well though, it shows that everyone needs to listen to my pre-draft analysis from now on :lol:

The Falcons have certainly been a good team with him under center.  Playoffs in '02, 3-1 in '03.  You can't really compare that to 14-18.

2199[/snapback]

Vick hasn't completed better than 54.9% of his passes in his 3 years in the NFL. Like I said, he's primarily a RB playing QB, and it's that RB part that got him injured last year. He's got potential, but he has a LONG way to go to prove himself.

Vick hasn't completed better than 54.9% of his passes in his 3 years in the NFL.  Like I said, he's primarily a RB playing QB, and it's that RB part that got him injured last year.  He's got potential, but he has a LONG way to go to prove himself.

2209[/snapback]

Vick has played just one full season, and is quite raw as a passer. But his team is much better when he's in there, and THAT is the most important trait for any player, particularly a QB.

Steve Young said it the best when it comes to Vick. He said, judging from his own early experience in the NFL, Vick will only be seen as a sideshow attraction until he learns patience. Young went on to say that you dont always have to run, you can dump the ball off to your RBs or TEs when things get rough, instead of trying to make the play yourself. If Vick learns how to do that, he'll be an elite QB.

I REALLY liked Schaub coming out of college, and in every single one of my mock drafts I did before this year's draft, I had the Bills slated to pick him up in the 3rd round.  That being said, I'm much happier we got Losman over Schaub. 

Schaub is going to be a very solid backup in the NFL for the next decade.  I'm glad he is doing well though, it shows that everyone needs to listen to my pre-draft analysis from now on  :lol:

2205[/snapback]

IIRC, Wasn't Shaub the 3rd round pick by consensus for the Bill's in the 7-round mock?

Anyone dissing Michael Vick doesn't know a whole lot about quarterback position.

2284[/snapback]

I live in Atlanta and see most of his games.....and I can tell you that this team is much more difficult to beat when he's in there. (Good Lord, Im actually agreeing with HollywoodDonahoe....what is the world coming to?)I don't care what his stats are or what Steve Young says. The guy makes this team go. They respond to him. You cannot game plan for him. I think those of you who say he can't pass aren't seeing many of his games. He has a killer arm and can be as accurate as anyone. He just needs some receivers who can actually catch - and he's got em now.

Archived