Clayton on Sportscenter

Omar Little

no no no and no???? Is there any coach that will satisfy more than 33% of bills "Fans"?

566521[/snapback]

what part of no didn't you understand :devil:

*EDIT

Let me expand

Haslett: The most acceptable of the 4 listed. But seeing how his teams gave up on him just like Mularkey, how much of an improvement would he be?

Martz: Assclown of a HC. But I'd love to have him as OC

Sherman: Without Brett Favre, the teams he took to the playoffs were 8-8 at best

Gray: He's had 5 years to try out, and hasn't impressed me much

no no no and no???? Is there any coach that will satisfy more than 33% of bills "Fans"?

566521[/snapback]

:devil: It's like a Capital One commercial here.

If these are our only 4 options, I'll try a personal number ranking instead:

1. Wide Load

2. Roid Rage

3. Fartz

4. Token

Let's get the Mike Martz thing out of the way. Unless we are building a dome.

(I used to have the old "No more snow - football in the dome" bumper sticker, circa 1970. I had one on my Corvair! But I digress...)

Martz' health made him leave the Rams in mid-season. You don't suppose that has been miraculously cured, do you?

I don't think the Bills are considering Martz (MM!) at all.

what part of no didn't you understand :devil:

*EDIT

Let me expand

Haslett: The most acceptable of the 4 listed.  But seeing how his teams gave up on him just like Mularkey, how much of an improvement would he be?

Martz: Assclown of a HC.  But I'd love to have him as OC

Sherman: Without Brett Favre, the teams he took to the playoffs were 8-8 at best

Gray: He's had 5 years to try out, and hasn't impressed me much

566529[/snapback]

Unreal. So who would the ones saying NO NO NO NO actually like as HC?? By the way, if Andy Reid were available would you take him? Because without Donovan McNabb, the teams he took to the playoffs are 8-8 at best. If Belicheck were available would you take him? Because without Brady they probably wouldn't have won 3 of the last 4 SBs. If Tony Dungy were available would you take him? Because without Peyton Manning the Colts aren't an AFC power.

I am absolultely convinced there is not a single candidate out there that will make you people happy.

Switch Martz with April and that would be what I would expect.

There is NO friggin way they could be considering Martz.  I refuse to believe they are that stupid.

566532[/snapback]

why not?

they were stupid enough to keep MM after gutting his staff and thinging that was a workable plan

566521[/snapback]

Of course not. The only thing that you can bank on from this whole process is that a substantial portion of the fan base will believe our next HC is an assclown.

Of course not.  The only thing that you can bank on from this whole process is that a substantial portion of the fan base will believe our next HC is an assclown.

566606[/snapback]

And judging by the last guy to have the job, they might be right.

I had an open mind about Mularkey until he quit the team.

Now I have the firm belief that he is an assclown and I hope it's decades before he gets another HC interview. The guy doesn't deserve it. He's a bigger quitter than Herm Edwards - and that's saying something.

Oh, and another thing. I'll be rooting for TD to get another job someplace other than ESPN. He'll be able to feed his sycophant sportscaster buddies enough backoffice bile about The Bills from afar. To have to watch his sanctimonious pontifications and back-handed swipes at our organization from a regular broadcast would be galling beyond belief.

Of course not.  The only thing that you can bank on from this whole process is that a substantial portion of the fan base will believe our next HC is an assclown.

566606[/snapback]

You can bank on substantial portion of the fan base BEING assclowns.

Unreal.  So who would the ones saying NO NO NO NO actually like as HC??  By the way, if Andy Reid were available would you take him?  Because without Donovan McNabb, the teams he took to the playoffs are 8-8 at best.  If Belicheck were available would you take him?  Because without Brady they probably wouldn't have won 3 of the last 4 SBs.  If Tony Dungy were available would you take him?  Because without Peyton Manning the Colts aren't an AFC power. 

I am absolultely convinced there is not a single candidate out there that will make you people happy.

566583[/snapback]

Excellent point. Parcells hasn't won squat without Belicheck, who hasn't won squat without Brady. Holmgren? Nothing without Favre. Shannahan? Nothing without Elway. The list goes on.

The difference is, though, finding a coach - like the ones listed above - who without their star QB still make the playoffs. Which is why I believe Sherman or Mooch are decent picks (besides the fact Mooch coached a QB similar in style to Losman in Garcia to the Pro Bowl, and all those "in the know" compare Losman's raw skills to Favre's).