Spikes: Mularkey did "a lot of things

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2289987

"It's mind boggling," Bills linebacker Takeo Spikes said on ESPN Radio. "I don't really understand what's goin' on but I thought he did some things well and there were a lot of things a lot of the guys didn't agree with. I don't think that he was a bad coach.

Pretty damning if you ask me.

Wow - that's a blow coming from TKO. I always see TKO as a voice of reason.  The boat is officially going under now.

564796[/snapback]

Day late, dollar short Nick. We've been officially going under all season.

As for TKO it looks as if his comment is more of an aside. I suspect his real feelings are not being expressed and if they were they would be a lot more damaging to MM

"It's mind boggling," Bills linebacker Takeo Spikes said on ESPN Radio. "I don't really understand what's goin' on but I thought he did some things well and there were a lot of things a lot of the guys didn't agree with. I don't think that he was a bad coach.

564794[/snapback]

Wow, this post sadly points out what a good portion of the TBD forum has become. Fans knowing only what the media feeds them scrutinizing and micro-parsing articles to reach the conclusion they want to believe and then (even worse) others taking the info as gospel and expounding upon it further.

The REST of the quote is as follows:

"When you come into the city of Buffalo people expect you to win not later, not two or three years from now, people want you to win now. So it's a lot of pressure. … As a man I will always respect him because of his position and how he treated us as a whole."

As Nick alludes to Spikes has always been a straight shooter which the ENTIRE quote seems to confirm. The (quoted) line that he didn't see him as a bad coach makes the statement overall positive and the rest of the story really brings home the fact that turn-arounds take time. Personally I think MM was an above average sophmore coach who was starting to develop his own style. RW and ML seemed to feel that way too. It's too bad that he took such a beating from the fans that he felt it was time to move on.

A better example is GW (who I admitily never was a fan of while he was here) who has done a great job with Wash D and as an assistant HC.

It's too bad we don't take our role as fans primarily and that of strategic geniuses secondarily instead of the other way around.

Wow, this post sadly points out what a good portion of the TBD forum has become.  Fans knowing only what the media feeds them scrutinizing and micro-parsing articles to reach the conclusion they want to believe and then (even worse) others taking the info as gospel and expounding upon it further.   

The REST of the quote is as follows:

"When you come into the city of Buffalo people expect you to win not later, not two or three years from now, people want you to win now. So it's a lot of pressure. … As a man I will always respect him because of his position and how he treated us as a whole."

As Nick alludes to Spikes has always been a straight shooter which the ENTIRE quote seems to confirm.  The (quoted) line that he didn't see him as a bad coach makes the statement overall positive and the rest of the story really brings home the fact that turn-arounds take time.  Personally I think MM was an above average sophmore coach who was starting to develop his own style.  RW and ML seemed to feel that way too. It's too bad that he took such a beating from the fans that he felt it was time to move on. 

A better example is GW (who I admitily never was a fan of while he was here) who has done a great job with Wash D and as an assistant HC. 

It's too bad we don't take our role as fans primarily and that of strategic geniuses secondarily instead of the other way around.

565149[/snapback]

maybe if the players and coaches worried more about the product on the field instead of what the fans are saying- they wouldn't have to hear nasty comments.

564794[/snapback]

No doubt MM is a meathead, good riddance! <_<

Good, I'm glad MM is out.  Now maybe we can move forward and get some great efforts from EM and Adams with a real coach.

565138[/snapback]

No 2 Bills players demonstrate the "inmates running the asylum" more than those guys. Plus, they have big cap numbers. I fully expect to see each of them elsewhere in 2006.

No 2 Bills players demonstrate the "inmates running the asylum" more than those guys.  Plus, they have big cap numbers.  I fully expect to see each of them elsewhere in 2006.

565226[/snapback]

Emo aint going nowhere.......if we does we are screwed unless we can replace him and Lee Evans can't.................thats fact

look at peerless price

564794[/snapback]

Damned by faint praise...

565149[/snapback]

Hmmm... what do you mean by "it" in that sentence?

:w00t:

I think a lot of it has to do with that story with his son taking it from a substitute teacher... "Mularkey? Like the soon to be fired coach? Umm, yeah, that's my dad."

I was pulling for him to be gone before they fired TD, then I sorta felt sorry for him... But, I think all things considered, it probably will work for the better with a new HC - given that he's got a short leash by virtue of the teams regression this year.

What always stings me is watching players and coaches who leave Buffalo do better elsewhere - better than they did in Buffalo at times when we (Fans & Media) are positive that they are has beens who shouldn't be in the NFL...

And we wonder why the Bills will pull out when Wilson dies... We love them to death... literally... Our passion turns us from fans into zealots... who sometimes cut off our nose to spite our face.

maybe if the players and coaches worried more about the product on the field instead of what the fans are saying- they wouldn't have to hear nasty comments.

565165[/snapback]

Everyone wants to keep taking "credit" for having TD and MM fired b/c of how these various people have mentioned the treatment they received when things went south. I highly doubt guys like these two give a crap or two about what is written on a message board. It is when the attacks turn personal. I think several of the local writers have done it, but what probably is not reported, is what happens to these guys when around town? Does anyone really know how his family is treated? Not being able to take the heat when in the spotlight is one thing...taking abuse from some drunken a$$wipe while trying to play air hockey with your kid at D&B is another.

I could be wrong, but it just seems like the type of thing that could easily happen.

I'm sure for the most part family treatment is irrelevant b/c getting W's is what matters most.