MOULDS TO EAGLES FOR OWENS

TO's roster bonus is gone as soon as eagles cut him. the only thing that does is set a deadline for them to trade him

564244[/snapback]

Same deal.

1. What makes you believe that TO will suddenly act logically. Him coming makes sense theoretically, but he has been stupid rather than fiollow good theory before so what's different. An argument about what makes sense just does not fly no matter how much sense it makes.

2. What makes you believe that RW and Marv will decide that TO will now embrace the logical, particularly when if/when he does not they have goneagainst the "character" dictum.

Add onto these two factors that now with MM gone, there is no there there for TO to fit into. HC first then we can begin to think about TO but not TO first and then choose an HC.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you out of your g-damn mind?

He's a locker room cancer- even the Dolfelons dont want him

564887[/snapback]

that the dolphins dont want him tells me 2 things:

- confirms eagles are shopping him to afc teams only

- that bills should make the trade for moulds because it's best to do the opposite of what the dolphins do when it comes to player moves

Moulds Yards after catch was horrible this season

Moulds never fit in with Evans...Did you forget the pouting on the sidelines in Joe Robbie Stadium

Bills will probably have another Weak HC, which means TO will have a field day,

especially if JP is going to be the QB....

DR will use both TO and WM to get huge contracs for each other.

Moulds Yards after catch was horrible this season

Moulds never fit in with Evans...Did you forget the pouting on the sidelines in Joe Robbie Stadium

Bills will probably have another Weak HC, which means TO will have a field day,

especially if JP is going to be the QB....

DR will use both TO and WM to get huge contracs for each other.

564932[/snapback]

TO, McGahee, Evans will make even JP Losman look good

TO, McGahee, Evans will make even JP Losman look good

564984[/snapback]

With all that TO has done over the years, does anybody really think it would be any different in Buffalo?? He couldn't play with McNabb who is one of the most liked guys in the NFL. How is he going to play with JP who is marginally liked on his own team! His skills are unquestioned, but he's got the quinticential 5-cent head. With a team that has some issues right now, getting TO could be disastrous. I wouldn't want to take the chance...

[since this as at the top right now, i don't actually feel like i'm committing the crime of "bumping."]

i have to ask -- why is a thread based on a wildly improbable scenario still going strong?

565070[/snapback]

Because it makes for good radio...

Because it makes for good radio...

565089[/snapback]

not all improbable. why dont you re-read the original post and reply substantively? here it is:

Makes a great deal of sense and has a good chance of happening. Here's some of the reasons why:

- not only do eagles not want to trade TO to a team within their division, that don't want to trade him within the NFC conference. this reduces the list to AFC teams-only;

- eagles think Moulds will fit in well with their mid-passing range system, that emphasises yards-after-catch;

- Owens and Moulds are the same age, both turning 33 this year;

- Eagles like Moulds reputation for working with young receivers like Lee Evans;

- Bills, with the 29th ranked offense, have everything to gain and nothing to lose signing Owens to an incentives-laden contract;

- Bills feel they need a bigger receiver to round out their receiving corps which is made up mostly of receivers under 6 feet;

- Bills are one of the few teams Owen's agent Drew Rosenhaus has a good relationship with, having made Willis McGahee (i.e. one of Rosenhaus's clients) a 1st-round pick when other teams had passed on him;

- Rosenhaus recently asked permission from the Eagles to seek a trade for Owens. Eagles granted permission, demonstrating they are looking to get something for Owens.

problem withTO is that he wants the ball and we aint got an arm to get it there or OL time to get it there. thus, he will cost to much to have for the 55 balls he will catch. see derick mason for balt. with out the attitude. TO will cry bloody murder as he is underthrown and overthrown and etc. levy WOULD NEVER BRING A GUY LIKE THIS!

If you believe that, pick up Marv Levy's book...I was flipping through it on the hopper last night. In the last chapter, talking about resigning from the Bills, he goes through a litany of the things that made the Bills special, and the kind of players they were...Owens would not fit Levy's description, at all...in fact, ol' Marv expresses some disdain for players like Owens.  If we can believe what he says...TO won't be putting on a Bills uniform any time soon...

562751[/snapback]

Thank goodness too. The last thing this team needs is the ESPN know-it-alls analyzing their every move "post-TO". Not to mention the swarthy remarks from SI's Peter King bashing TO every week in his MMQB article...geez I can see it now..."I respect Marv Levy, I do, but I have to question why you would add a locker-room distraction like that idiot Terrell Owens..." and so on and so forth.

Do we really want that in Buffalo? Do we? THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!

Makes a great deal of sense and has a good chance of happening. Here's some of the reasons why:

- not only do eagles not want to trade TO to a team within their division, that don't want to trade him within the NFC conference. this reduces the list to AFC teams-only;

- eagles think Moulds will fit in well with their mid-passing range system, that emphasises yards-after-catch;

- Owens and Moulds are the same age, both turning 33 this year;

- Eagles like Moulds reputation for working with young receivers like Lee Evans;

- Bills, with the 29th ranked offense, have everything to gain and nothing to lose signing Owens to an incentives-laden contract;

- Bills feel they need a bigger receiver to round out their receiving corps which is made up mostly of receivers under 6 feet;

- Bills are one of the few teams Owen's agent Drew Rosenhaus has a good relationship with, having made Willis McGahee (i.e. one of Rosenhaus's clients) a 1st-round pick when other teams had passed on him;

- Rosenhaus recently asked permission from the Eagles to seek a trade for Owens. Eagles granted permission, demonstrating they are looking to get something for Owens.

562705[/snapback]

If Terrell Owens plays for the Bills I'm picking a new team immediately and permanently. I REFUSE to support a team who VOLUNTARILY acquires this individual.

Thank goodness too.  The last thing this team needs is the ESPN know-it-alls analyzing their every move "post-TO".  Not to mention the swarthy remarks from SI's Peter King bashing TO every week in his MMQB article...geez I can see it now..."I respect Marv Levy, I do, but I have to question why you would add a locker-room distraction like that idiot Terrell Owens..." and so on and so forth.

Do we really want that in Buffalo?  Do we?  THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!

565912[/snapback]

who cares what ESPN says or thinks: you really want your team decisions made by based on what pleases ESPN the most? as if those morons know anything?

Not to mention the fact that TO has already thrown 2 PRO-BOWL quarterbacks under the bus in Jeff Garcia and Donovan McNabb. We don't have anyone on the roster even CLOSE to Garcia in his prime or McNabb. TO would be unhappy in week ONE and it would get worse from there...

Can you imagine the tantrums he would throw with Losman/Holcomb if he killed McNabb???

Yo, all, this is the stupidest board in the world. Most people are only repeating what the paid columnists are saying. Hey, everybody, say something we don't already know. TD is TOXIC. Levy would NEVER consider him--and nobody else in the NFL will either. Or does a GM really want to blow up his team, antagonize his coach, and waste time dealing with a nutcase? TD's career is over.

who cares what ESPN says or thinks: you really want your team decisions made by based on what pleases ESPN the most? as if those morons know anything?

565918[/snapback]

OK, try this on....I know Owens would be a train wreck and I know I don't want him here because I would crucify the Bills for making that move and I've supported them since conception.

TO has won exactly NOTHING in his career and that will be the way it shall remain. He is a tremendous individual talent at a dependent position with a cancerous, self-absorbed attitude that extends beyond all reasonable bounds. We have lost w/o TO and I would rather lose w/o him than lose with him because at least I won't hate the team. make no mistake, it's lose lose because TO is NEVER going to win a championship...ever.

I assure you there is a reason why such a talented man did not go to a D-I school, and there is a reason why he fell so far in the draft. It is because they interview people and all the people in charge of those programs were smart enough ot say no thank you. Well, no thank you.

Moulds is a cupcake of an attitude problem compared to TO and trading one for the other to solve a locker room problem is so beyond asinine that I'm shocked that I'm replying to this.

The Bills very well MAY deal Moulds to Philly, but it WILL NOT be in exchange for TO....ever....

Moulds is a cupcake of an attitude problem compared to TO and trading one for the other to solve a locker room problem is so beyond asinine that I'm shocked that I'm replying to this.

565935[/snapback]

This post is asinine, yet somehow has drawn over 70 responses to it.

FACT: TO is a cancer.

FACT: TO WILL NOT BE IN BUFFALO NEXT SEASON.

It is common knowledge around the league that the only two teams that are going to take a shot at him are Dallas or Washington, and even their fans don't like the sound of that.

This post is asinine, yet somehow has drawn over 70 responses to it.

FACT: TO is a cancer.

FACT:  TO WILL NOT BE IN BUFFALO NEXT SEASON.

It is common knowledge around the league that the only two teams that are going to take a shot at him are Dallas or Washington, and even their fans don't like the sound of that.

565940[/snapback]

no way Eagles trade TO to a team in their division -- not a chance. they know how great the guy is and that he's likely to settle down in his next spot knowing he has no more chances.

TO has a better chance of coming to Buffalo than any other team for the several legitimate reasons laid out in the original and subsequent posts.