Per ESPN Radio...Russ Grimm

Gardinier

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A guy who could not run an offense with Jerry Porter/Randy Moss and

Lamant Jordan with a huge offensive line (2 1st round talent)....

No thanks....I think Norv Turners tenure in the NFL is about to end....

Russ Grimm has been a pretty good coach with the steelers....His OL

has been always big in setting up the Run....Plus he will like to play

smash mouth football rather than some stupid gadget plays that never

seem to work...

561772[/snapback]

By that logic, Gregg Williams shouldn't have been hired as a DC considering his first two Buffalo teams were weak on defense.

By the way, has this even been confirmed?  If I'm not mistaken, Grimm is also the assistant HC for the Steelers.  He's interviewing with the Lions this week, and perhaps other teams as well, for HC.  Not saying it's impossible, but I just don't see us landing him as offensive coordinator.

561952[/snapback]

Yeah, he's got the Assistant HC title, so it seems a little odd that he's consider an OC opportunity in Buffalo when he could have the head job in Detroit, Green Bay or New Orleans...unless he thinks those teams suck too bad and he could be the HC in Buffalo in 6-12 months!

My other thought is that he's just looking for some good TD jokes that he can use to loosen up Cowher and the team this weekend... :devil:

By the way, has this even been confirmed?  If I'm not mistaken, Grimm is also the assistant HC for the Steelers.  He's interviewing with the Lions this week, and perhaps other teams as well, for HC.  Not saying it's impossible, but I just don't see us landing him as offensive coordinator.

561952[/snapback]

Agreed. Much like Singletary for DC, it makes no sense for Grimm to accept a lesser position, especially when his stock is rising, not dropping. I don't think he'd come cheap, either.

RUmor is the Bills will be interviewing Joe Puloski this week.

Joe is 17, previous experiences uncludes 190 straight wins and 10 superbowl titles as palyer/coach/gm of the Steelers in Madden 2005.

Joe is also experienced with Coleco football and one time scored 200 points.

Joe will not be able to take over the coaching duties until March when he turns 18.

Reports are he has agreed to a 1 year deal worth almost $20

Why is this OL coach and ex-NFL Guard such a hot commodity for an OC postion ? He has zero experience calling plays, from what I've read.

sigh..

561615[/snapback]

an offensive line coach has to know protections, meaning all plays in the playbook and for all scenarios.

I hope to GOD we do not hire an OL Coach as our OC.  My alma mater (Auburn) did the same thing when we had a team that was ranked preseason no.1 and we we're just schooled by defenses all year.

It was a disaster.

562623[/snapback]

Yeah, all former position coaches become crappy coordinators - and NFL coaching is exactly the same as college, which is why Steve Spurrier won all those Super Bowls during his tenure in DC.

Charlie Weis coached FOUR different positions before he became a coordinator. H

I hope to GOD we do not hire an OL Coach as our OC.  My alma mater (Auburn) did the same thing when we had a team that was ranked preseason no.1 and we we're just schooled by defenses all year.

It was a disaster.

562623[/snapback]

Yeah, and white men can't jump.... :flirt: