"With the 8th pick in the 2006 draft, The

billsboys

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The Green Bay Packers have just traded their first round pick to the Buffalo Bills for their first and second rounders.  With the 5th pick in the 2006 draft, the Buffalo Bills select D'Brickashaw Ferguson."

561437[/snapback]

A #1 and a $2? Hope he's not Da Bust.

"The Green Bay Packers have just traded their first round pick to the Buffalo Bills for their first and second rounders.  With the 5th pick in the 2006 draft, the Buffalo Bills select D'Brickashaw Ferguson."

561437[/snapback]

If the Bills Gave up their 2nd Round Pick ...which should be #42 Overall, I will projectile vomit, kick my dog (twice), throw something heavy through the TV, and do some serious drywall damage... Then I'll really get pissed off after all that...

There is no way this Team can afford to give up Premium Draft Picks...no way...I'm not saying they won't do it...I am saying no one in this Draft... including Ferguson...is worth that price to the Bills because the Bills Need good, young bodies...And plenty of them...

No question that's just my opinion, but I feel pretty strongly about it...:w00t:

If the Bills Gave up their 2nd Round Pick ...which should be #42 Overall, I will projectile vomit, kick my dog (twice), throw something heavy through the TV, and do some serious drywall damage... Then I'll really get pissed off after all that...

There is no way this Team can afford to give up Premium Draft Picks...no way...I'm not saying they won't do it...I am saying no one in this Draft... including Ferguson...is worth that price to the Bills because the Bills Need good, young bodies...And plenty of them...

No question that's just my opinion, but I feel pretty strongly about it...:D

561446[/snapback]

Agree 100%. I don't have as big a problem with it if we we're talking about moving up with a low #1 and a low #2... but not top 10 picks.... and most definitely not for an OL. Mario Williams, maybe.

OTOH, if Da Brick drops to #8, you have my blessings :w00t: to take him.

It all comes down to when the Bills will stop dicking around their O-line problems and actually go out and fix them. I've watched D'Brickashaw very closely the last two years, in my opinion he would have been the first O-Lineman off the boards last year too. This guy is an anchor, an immediate upgrade rookie like Orlando Pace or Jonathan Ogden...the Bills need this guy so they can keep their QBs upright.

Will it cost us our second rounder to move up to GB's spot? Probably...but if that means we dont have to worry about the LT position for the next decade, wouldnt it be worth it? D'Brickashaw dominates at that position, he's not a Mike Williams who has never played LT before...or a fat slob like McKinnie who cant keep his head on straight...this guy is going to be a huge force in the NFL and I really hope its in a Bills uniform. He's big enough to over power DEs and quick enough to stop the speed rushers or pick up blitzing OLBs.

Totally worth giving up our second rounder for, IMO. I'm tired of hearing how most people want our O-Line to improve, but not wanting to give up anything to MAKE it happen.

And dont get me wrong, say if D'Brickashaw gets taken in the top 4 or GB refuses to trade and we lose out on him...fine, then go ahead and take Mario Williams or Haloti Ngata or Jimmy Williams. But if he falls out of the top 4 and GB is interested...we have to pull the trigger, we cant let a team like San Franciso swoop in and take him a pick before we do and just throw up our hands again and say "Oh gosh darn it, we have the worst luck".

It all comes down to when the Bills will stop dicking around their O-line problems and actually go out and fix them.  I've watched D'Brickashaw very closely the last two years, in my opinion he would have been the first O-Lineman off the boards last year too.  This guy is an anchor, an immediate upgrade rookie like Orlando Pace or Jonathan Ogden...the Bills need this guy so they can keep their QBs upright.

Will it cost us our second rounder to move up to GB's spot?  Probably...but if that means we dont have to worry about the LT position for the next decade, wouldnt it be worth it?  D'Brickashaw dominates at that position, he's not a Mike Williams who has never played LT before...or a fat slob like McKinnie who cant keep his head on straight...this guy is going to be a huge force in the NFL and I really hope its in a Bills uniform.  He's big enough to over power DEs and quick enough to stop the speed rushers or pick up blitzing OLBs. 

Totally worth giving up our second rounder for, IMO.

561451[/snapback]

I remember the exact same talk on this board about Robert Gallery two years ago... maybe we could trade the #1 pick to the Raiders for him & keep the #2. :w00t: Davis would be all over that.

Is D'brickshaw Ferguson considered in the same class as Ogden and Pace? Those guys are very quick and HUGE. Ogden is 6-8" and 345 while Pace is 6'7" and 325. Ferguson is no slouch at 6'4" but is "only" 295, and has a history of knee surgery.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I despise given up 1st day draft picks and I'm very hesitant to give up a #2 to go up 3 slots and grab a relatively light LT unless he is solid gold, and not just compared to this year's crop but over the past 5 years. There are at least 4 other 1st round quality LTs this year. And what if Peters really is a LT prospect (where he actually practiced before inserted at RT at midseason this year) and Mike Williams gets back to the play he exhibited in 2004?

I'd rather get younger on defense. How many starters on defense are over 30 (Adams, Spikes will be, Fletcher, Milloy, Vincent, maybe Posey?). It would be nice to get a super talent on that defense that is young enough to build around. As nice as Schoebel has been, he's not a star (changes defenses) but a very good player that could really feed off the extra attention given to a star talent.

561437[/snapback]

That's still not high enough to get ahead of the Jest. They'll be looking at Da Brick, too. :w00t:

It all comes down to when the Bills will stop dicking around their O-line problems and actually go out and fix them.  I've watched D'Brickashaw very closely the last two years, in my opinion he would have been the first O-Lineman off the boards last year too.  This guy is an anchor, an immediate upgrade rookie like Orlando Pace or Jonathan Ogden...the Bills need this guy so they can keep their QBs upright.

561451[/snapback]

Every year the next Pace and Ogden are in the draft. Guaranteed!! How many Pace's and Ogden's are running around? In fact...we have one of them right now.

You are assuming that the only way to fix this line is to address it with the first round pick. Really, I'm just as excited at the starting guard prospects that will be available in the low second round like Max Jean-Gilles, Davin Joseph, and Charles Spencer. Those guys would all upgrade the line, and allow us to have 2 starting players added in the draft as opposed to 1. Also of note is the fact that this draft is so deep at lineman it would be very possible that we could find another starter, or soon to be starter, for the inside of the line with one or both of our 3rd round picks. So I don't want to trade those either.

We need the picks, and no GUARANTEED lineman is worth giving those picks up IMO.

Does anyone think the Jets will select the running back from Memphis or maybe AJ Hawk instead of Ferguson?

561556[/snapback]

I think the Jets have to go running back. D'Angelo Williams is the guy from Memphis. For some reason though if Da Brick is still on the board they'll take him imo. If he's not then I think they either trade down (salary cap hell) or take the rb.

Personally I want Mario Williams.

Every year the next Pace and Ogden are in the draft.  Guaranteed!!  How many Pace's and Ogden's are running around?  In fact...we have one of them right now.

You are assuming that the only way to fix this line is to address it with the first round pick.  Really, I'm just as excited at the starting guard prospects that will be available in the low second round like  Max Jean-Gilles, Davin Joseph, and Charles Spencer.  Those guys would all upgrade the line, and allow us to have 2 starting players added in the draft as opposed to 1.  Also of note is the fact that this draft is so deep at lineman it would be very possible that we could find another starter, or soon to be starter, for the inside of the line with one or both of our 3rd round picks.  So I don't want to trade those either.

We need the picks, and no GUARANTEED lineman is worth giving those picks up IMO.

561546[/snapback]

Good post.

Every year the next Pace and Ogden are in the draft.  Guaranteed!!  How many Pace's and Ogden's are running around?  In fact...we have one of them right now.

You are assuming that the only way to fix this line is to address it with the first round pick.  Really, I'm just as excited at the starting guard prospects that will be available in the low second round like  Max Jean-Gilles, Davin Joseph, and Charles Spencer.  Those guys would all upgrade the line, and allow us to have 2 starting players added in the draft as opposed to 1.  Also of note is the fact that this draft is so deep at lineman it would be very possible that we could find another starter, or soon to be starter, for the inside of the line with one or both of our 3rd round picks.  So I don't want to trade those either.

561546[/snapback]

I would go so far as saying that Max-Jean Giles is the best lineman (O or D) in the entire draft.

I would go so far as saying that Max-Jean Giles is the best lineman (O or D) in the entire draft.

561598[/snapback]

I think he will come out and start right away, where ever he goes. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that at the latest it will be Houston with the first pick in the second round.

I think he will come out and start right away, where ever he goes.  Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that at the latest it will be Houston with the first pick in the second round.

561599[/snapback]

Unless we trade next years first and our two third rounders this year for a pick in the bottom of the round.

Of course we can't trade our 2nd this year because we'll need to use that to draft DT Rodrique Wright after we use our first to draft OT D'Brickshaw Ferguson.

Now that would be a great draft.

561546[/snapback]

100% correct