10 things the Bills need to do to make playoffs

billsboys

I didn't read the news release, but here goes...

1.) Create cap room- restructuring or outright cuts will work

2.) Shop for two or three "top flight" free agents (OL and DL preferably)

3.) Hire coordiators who will help MM get over the hump!

4.) Get rid of any malcontents

5.) Focus on QB situation ( Get a new one or commit to JP)

6.) Set up a winning board for draft day

7.) Work the draft to their (Bills) advantage

8.) "Beat the bushes" and see if good trade possibilities exist

9.) Levy must avoid this seeming to be lame duck year for MM

10.) WIN in division (focus on Pats) and hold home field!

Really, the only important thing are the 4 draft picks the Bills have in the top 70.

Free agency, restructuring, gameplanning and all the rest will take care of itself and can be remedied.

But to have that many top 70 picks in a draft as deep as this one allegedly is, is an opportunity that the Bills cannot afford to blow. To miss on those 4 picks would set the club back for another decade.

http://www.tonawanda-news.com/sports/gnnsp..._009233957.html

The only thing I don't agree with is resigning Nate Clements.

560755[/snapback]

I like agreeing with posters, but don't here. Clements has drawn ire here and around Bills Central, much of which was well-deserved, but like with Pat Williams, Antoine Winfield, potentially Eric Moulds, and arguably Jonas Jennings (I was not sorry to see him go, but it services the point to follow), their loss adds a need to our offseason tally-- and unless we can immediately upgrade at that position, I see no reason to bring in another player at a high price, or early in the learning curve. Not re-signing Clements just gives us another need come draft hour, and we have plenty. Without him, we not only have a need to fill in free agency or the draft, it is a priority need, meaning we have to spend either top dollar, or a first day draft pick. I'd sooner franchise him, rest assured that we have capable, if under-achieving, corners with big-play potential, and fix our focus on filling the trenches (nothing would make me happier than drafting 3-4 hogs with our 4-5 first day picks). If we receive a 3rd round compensatory pick for Pat Williams, which we should, we will have FIVE first day picks, I don't want to spend any of them on anyone under 290 pounds, and I don't know many 290 pounders who can cover-- we have Clements, he can cover (at times), let's let him continue to improve here in Buffalo, and focus our offseason attention on the lines.

i can think of about 22 things the Bills need to make the playoffs.  :w00t:

561419[/snapback]

LOL....although Id say 14 things...McGahee,Moulds,Evans,spikes,McGee,Crowell,Holcomb,Fletcher

are keepers......the rest are just crap basically

I didn't read the news release, but here goes...

1.) Create cap room- restructuring or outright cuts will work

2.) Shop for two or three "top flight" free agents (OL and DL preferably)

3.) Hire coordiators who will help MM get over the hump!

4.) Get rid of any malcontents

5.) Focus on QB situation ( Get a new one or commit to JP)

6.) Set up a winning board for draft day

7.) Work the draft to their (Bills) advantage

8.) "Beat the bushes" and see if good trade possibilities exist

9.) Levy must avoid this seeming to be lame duck year for MM

10.) WIN in division (focus on Pats) and hold home field!

561004[/snapback]

Totally agree with both opinions except fire MM i believe he has just got garbage OL and therefore letting JP fail.

What do you make a of a writer who's #4 reason is "Don't blow the draft pick." Gee, fella', thanks for pointing that one out! I'm sure Marv Levy was planning on blowing it, but thanks to your insight, the Bills will avoid that pothole. Geez.

And while we are on the topic, TD deserved to get blown out, but I really have a problem with people who blame the Mike Williams pick on him. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE thought that was a great pick when it was made. So it's pretty disingenuous to hang TD for it now.

And now we have people calling for the Bills to draft D'Brickashaw Ferguson. If he turns out to be another Mike Williams bust, are we going to blame Marv for drafting him? The point is you NEVER know how players will turn out. There is no 100% foolproof method of weeding out the stiffs.

PTR

It's obvious you can comprehend the whole reading thing. It's an article about the top 10 things the bills need to do to make the playoffs next year. Isn't making a correct draft choice one of the top things we need to do to get to the postseason. You dont make any sense. I think its a pretty well written article.

1 sign bill belecheck up for head coach

2 trade for tom brady for qb

3 rehire bill polian for gm

4 ask bill polian if we can have dwight freeny as well for left defensive end

5 ask the league to decrease the season from 16 to 8 games

6 ask the league if we can shorten the games to 30 minutes

7 see if minnesota will give us pat williams back to play defensive tackle

8 make sure takeo spikes really is healing up

9 let the bills play in either their late 80's/early 90's unis or even the throwbacks

10 run the ball