3 Larry Johnson KC 1750 336 5.2 20 49

4 Clinton Portis WAS 1516 352 4.3 11 47

5 Edgerrin James IND 1506 360 4.2 13 33

6 LaDainian Tomlinson SD 1462 339 4.3 18 62

7 Rudi Johnson CIN 1458 337 4.3 12 33

8 Warrick Dunn ATL 1416 280 5.1 3 65

9 Thomas Jones CHI 1335 314 4.3 9 42

10 Willis McGahee BUF 1247 325 3.8 5 2

Most fans here and at other sites are really down on Willis McGahee giving him Top Goat honors. THIS IS INSANE!

The guy is a top ten running back behind a miserable OL on one of the worst teams in history. I will go out on a line and predict that WM will be a top five when the OL improves.

No, I'd say this is more whats wrong with Bills fans.

559724[/snapback]

Can you say rose-colored glasses! If you compare offensive and defensive stats of all Bills teams in history you’ll find that this team is “one of the worst”.

Can you say rose-colored glasses!    If you compare offensive and defensive stats of all Bills teams in history you’ll find that this team is “one of the worst”.

559803[/snapback]

:doh:

:lol:

Take a peek at the Cardinals, or the Bucs from 10+ years ago, or the Bills in the 70s, or the... or the... And you'll see we were far from one of the worst in HISTORY. :lol:

Just the fact that we have a back who was top-ten in rushing yards shows that we are far from one of the worst!

CW

Most fans here and at other sites are really down on Willis McGahee giving him Top Goat honors.  THIS IS INSANE!

The guy is a top ten running back behind a miserable OL on one of the worst teams in history.  I will go out on a line and predict that WM will be a top five when the OL improves.

559708[/snapback]

He's on the goat list for proclaiming he is the best RB in the NFL...then laying eggs the rest of the season.... I think he is better than his stats, but when you say what he has, proclaimed that getting his 1000 yards was the highlight for him - you stand to get busted in the chops...which he has...

His 3.8 yards per carry ranks 30th in the league. That is why many Bills fans are down on him. Can you honestly tell me that you're happy with the way he played this year? Yes, improving the line will help him immensely, but anyone can run behind a good line. Case in point - Denver. Willis was supposed to be a special talent. And to belabor a point, Henry put up better numbers behind an equally poor line.

There's no questioning Willis' determination. VERY few people come back from the kind of knee injury he had and still be able to play, let alone walk without a limp. That being said, Willis is young and hopefully will learn to think before he says anything to a reporter. The "I'm the best runniing back" statement was taken out of context, but that's what reporters do. So here's hoping he will learn to be careful what he says.

He is a great athlete and will be a good one provided he gets a line to run behind. This is the ultimate team sport, and any running back, Barry Sanders or not, needs a good line.

Well, WM isn't the most determined back on the field and rarely runs with attitude, determination and bad intentions. And if you're gonna say you're the best, I'd expect to see you gutting it out, even when you're tired, and running like you're hair is on fire on every play. He didn't, plain and simple. I'm not saying he's Travis Henry or trying to compare the two but TH ran hard and seemed like he was trying to make something happen every play. Can't say that for this kid. I don't particularly like his attitude, I guestion his heart, and that 12 he pulled on the Woonderlic tells me maybe he doesn't get it!

And by the way, Barry Sanders consistently had a brutal OL. Ever think for a moment that he was ahuman highlight reel because he had to make his own room to run?

Whats wrong with Bills fans is that they are Bills fans, but what can ya do?

If you wanta look at some seriosly fugged up fans, look no further than Cinci. Raining down boos on Kitna, and the squad, in their first playoff game in what 12 yrs?

Most fans here and at other sites are really down on Willis McGahee giving him Top Goat honors.  THIS IS INSANE!

The guy is a top ten running back behind a miserable OL on one of the worst teams in history.  I will go out on a line and predict that WM will be a top five when the OL improves.

559708[/snapback]

I think McGahee is a pretty good back....But his 3.8 Yards per carry and

FIVE TDs pushed him down to mediocrity.........5 TDs by your starting RB

(though all nout his fault, as our great coaching staff chose to not use him

at the goalline) doesn't put you in the elite category....

One of the reasons McGahee was rated a top RB at the beginning of this

season was the 14 TDs that he got last year....

My friend, remember this league is pushed around by all those Fantassy

Football Buffs....Stats matter and make or break a career....

Arguably, the 1971 team was the worst Bills team in history. In 1971 not only did the Bills finish in sole possession of the NFL's worst overall record at 1–13, but they also scored the fewest points (184) in the league that year while allowing the most (394). The 2005 Bills scored 271 points and allowed 367 points but played 2 more games. So, if you take the avg. points score and avg. points allowed from the 1971 stats and add that to the tally for 2 more games you get the 1971 Bills scoring 210 points and allowing 450 points. That’s only a 61-point difference from the worst Bill team in history. Since the Bills started playing a 16 game schedule in 1978 there has only been 5 Bills teams with a worst record.

Whats wrong with Bills fans is that they are Bills fans, but what can ya do?

If you wanta look at some seriosly fugged up fans, look no further than Cinci. Raining down boos on Kitna, and the squad, in their first playoff game in what 12 yrs?

559939[/snapback]

I think they were raining down boos on the coaching staff, what with running back Rudi Johnson carrying a total of 4 times in the 2nd half.

I can only assume you have seen a handful of the over 500 CIN games - some on television - since their inaugural in 1968, and it is a curiousity that you come to the conclusion that the fans are "seriously "fugged" up...

Care to modify your baseless, small sample statement?

You only have to go back 2 years to 2003 to find a worse Bills team.

but you only have to go back about 20 years to find a worse Bills HC.

560275[/snapback]

The 2003 Bills scored 243 points and allowed only 279 points the 5th best in the NFL and had a 6-10 record. The 1971 team was worse.

The guy is a top ten running back behind a miserable OL on one of the worst teams in history. 

559708[/snapback]

Statistically that's simply not supported. The following is a post from early December that outlines what appear to be a coaching versus personell issues on the offensive side of the ball, and just the opposite on the defensive side:

There are a number of objective assumptions that can be reached from our rank among NFL teams in performance by quarter. Patterns tell us much about the team we’re fielding and the conclusions are clear.

Here’s some critical patterns from the 2005 Buffalo Bills:

Our defense has opened games allowing the 2nd least number of points in the league during the first quarter. We drop precipitously from there to 22nd in the second quarter before getting a halftime breather and rising to 14th in the third before falling all the way to 26th in the 4th quarter.

Offensively we open up the first quarter as the 7th best scoring offense and then fall to 22nd, 30th and then last in fourth quarter scoring.

The defensive numbers are an easy read- we open halves well and quickly fade. The rank of 2nd overall holding our opponents in the first quarter suggests good preparation during the week and a well designed strategy entering the game. The fall in the second quarter and fourth quarters is the classic symptom of personnel issues along the defensive line. The graph clearly supports the supposition that we simply don’t have the horses in the middle to carry a defense. And when you get tired in the middle it’s really of little consequence the quality of the balance of players in a defense, you will fail. See: Sunday.

Offensively there’s an inverse outcome to having a poor middle- you’ll simply be a poor starting team out of the chute. Based upon all the squawking about our offensive line you’d expect our offense to be poor initially and throughout the game, the classic symptoms of a weak OLine. But that’s simply not what is happening to the 2005 Buffalo Bills. Our offense has come out after the Pledge of Allegience and scored more points than all but 6 other teams in the league during the first quarter. The reality is you simply don’t do this with a poor offensive line. There is much to learn about our offense in studying the scoring trends by quarter and seeing the steady plummeting from a top ten offense right down to last in the league by the fourth. Here’s some fair assumptions we can make based upon our offensive scoring graph:

A) It tells us the background staff who handles “quality control” for the Bills are doing their jobs effectively. It also tells us the offensive coaching staff- under the approval of the head coach- are doing a very good job in preparation. They’re devising strong opening game plans and getting the offensive players ready to play leading up to the game.

B) Most importantly it tells us our offensive coaching and those they answer to are failing dreadfully on the sidelines on Sundays. They have the talent necessary to outperform 25 other offenses league-wide when having the advantage of all their research, film study and preparation; yet in real time their strategies each week are uncovered in our opening drives and opposing coaching staffs very simply are beating us mentally as they adjust to our game plan. We’re good enough physically to score with regularity, and this is proven by our rank as the 7th BEST OFFENSE IN THE NFL during the first quarter. Where we fail is when we have to do it over the course of the game.

Fans will be begging for Tight Ends and OTs and other players on the offensive side of the ball this coming off-season, even though this would directly contradict the greatest needs of this team based upon our performance throughout games this season. If the team is to find any level of improvement in 2006 the focus on off-season personnel acquisitions must HEAVILY favor the defensive side of the ball.

At the same time it will matter little if it is the same decision-makers on the sidelines and in the box calling the game- our offensive coaching is unquestionably failing us every week. Whether heads must roll is the biggest question, IMO at least one head must be sacrificed and responsibility for failing us should end up at the feet of the OC. Most good OC’s with a top 10 first quarter offense will end up with an even better rating by the 4th quarter, our falls to the bottom of the league. The bodies are there, sure we can add some wrinkles and depth, but it’s the decisionmakers doing the substantial damage to this offense at this time.