Next Weekend's Point Spreads

Rico

I agree with that except for Seattle v. Washington. Seattle will win by 2 tds- they have the RB and the Qb to make plays.

559565[/snapback]

And the Rams beat them at home in last year playoffs. :doh:

I am hedging on that game though until I see how bad the Skins are beat up from the Bucs game... still think that's a lot of points.

Vegas Insider

Skins +9 at Seahawks

Pats +3 at Broncos

Panthers +3 at Bears

Steelers +9.5  :doh: at Colts

I don't remember any other 4-game playoff round where I like takng the points in every game.

559556[/snapback]

Steelers didn't really give them a game in November. The Pittsburgh defense can play a little hard headed sometimes - I like the matchup of the Indy offense bringing its full playbook and two weeks rest against them. Plus, Minnesota victory aside, Pittsburgh has very little experience on the fast track over the last five years - something like three games total?

I think it cannot be forgotten that Indy has not yet lost a game of consequence this year. In the three games they needed to turn it up (@NE, Pitt, @ JAX), they dominated....especially offensively.

I also think that the Pats will be favored by kickoff Sunday.

Steelers didn't really give them a game in November. The Pittsburgh defense can play a little hard headed sometimes - I like the matchup of the Indy offense bringing its full playbook and two weeks rest against them. Plus, Minnesota victory aside, Pittsburgh has very little experience on the fast track over the last five years - something like three games total?

I think it cannot be forgotten that Indy has not yet lost a game of consequence this year. In the three games they needed to turn it up (@NE, Pitt, @ JAX), they dominated....especially offensively.

I also think that the Pats will be favored by kickoff Sunday.

559605[/snapback]

Yes, my biggest concern re: Indy would be the rust factor.

And yes, the public will likely jump all over the Pats.

Seahawks will win, but by less than 9

Colts and Broncos will both win and cover

Panthers will upset the Bears

take that and a $0.37 stamp and you can mail it tomorrow

559567[/snapback]

i hope that you meant this note as your "two cents," because postage went up that much today.

I think the Seahawks will have all they can handle with the Skins, and they may lose. I believe that New England will beat Denver, and the Bears will beat the Panthers. I agree with you about the Colts. But it won't be easy.

Yes, my biggest concern re: Indy would be the rust factor.

And yes, the public will likely jump all over the Pats.

559606[/snapback]

If the Pats are favored, take Denver. Denver at home is a lock against the Pats. Anything less than Denver -3, is a good bet. Remember that the betting public usually bets with their heart and not their head. It sets up lots of good opportunity for the serious bettors.

If the Pats are favored, take Denver.  Denver at home is a lock against the Pats.  Anything less than Denver -3, is a good bet.  Remember that the betting public usually bets with their heart and not their head.  It sets up lots of good opportunity for the serious bettors.

559881[/snapback]

I'm not taking Jake Plummer vs. Tom Brady in a playoff game. The regular season game means nothing. The Pats were a crippled team who played poorly and they still only lost by 1 score.

For gambling purposes, I hope NE does win because Indy would be a huge favorite over Denver. However, if NE were to win, they will likel get overvalued as their bandwagon would really fill up to the 10th degree and there would be some great value on the Colts. I mean, if Indy gets an early lead on the Pats in that dome they will never let up - neither Manning or the fans will call off the dogs until Tuesday.

I'm not taking Jake Plummer vs. Tom Brady in a playoff game.  The regular season game means nothing.  The Pats were a crippled team who played poorly and they still only lost by 1 score.

For gambling purposes, I hope NE does win because Indy would be a huge favorite over Denver.  However, if NE were to win, they will likel get overvalued as their bandwagon would really fill up to the 10th degree and there would be some great value on the Colts.  I mean, if Indy gets an early lead on the Pats in that dome they will never let up - neither Manning or the fans will call off the dogs until Tuesday.

559952[/snapback]

As much as i want NE to lose this week against denver, because i despise them and would gouge my eyes if i had to watch brady and bellychick in another SB, there would be something very fulfilling about watching indy hang a 50 spot on them in the AFC championship.

As much as i want NE to lose this week against denver, because i despise them and would gouge my eyes if i had to watch brady and bellychick in another SB, there would be something very fulfilling about watching indy hang a 50 spot on them in the AFC championship.

559955[/snapback]

Agreed - the Colts are going to smoke whoever they play. Would rather get put to sleep seeing them predictably hang 40 on Denver AGAIN, or would you prefer to soak in all of the Jim Nance cosolation comments "what a great run its been" and blank stares from Brady on the sidelines as James Mungro gets a carry with 12 minutes left because they're up by 24 points.