New Mock draft out from ESPN again

VABills

They have Young moving up, but we still get Ngata. Hawks dropping. That's who I hope we pick if we don't get Brick.

1. Houston Texans (2-14): +Reggie Bush, RB, USC

2. New Orleans Saints (3-13): Matt Leinart, QB, USC

3. Tennessee Titans (4-12): D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia

4. New York Jets (4-12): +Vince Young, QB, Texas

5. Green Bay Packers (4-12): A.J. Hawk, OLB, Ohio State

6. x-Oakland Raiders (4-12): Demeco Ryans, OLB, Alabama

7. x-San Francisco 49ers (4-12): Jimmy Williams, DC, Virginia Tech

8. Buffalo Bills (5-11): +Haloti Ngata, NT, Oregon

9. Detroit Lions (5-11): Jay Cutler, QB, Vanderbilt

10. Arizona Cardinals (5-11): +Mario Williams, DE, N.C. State

11. St. Louis Rams (6-10): +Vernon Davis, TE, Maryland

12. Cleveland Browns (6-10): Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, Boston College

13. Baltimore Ravens (6-10): DeAngelo Williams, RB, Memphis

14. Philadelphia Eagles (6-10): +Santonio Holmes, WR, Ohio State

15. Atlanta Falcons (8-8): Chad Greenway, OLB, Iowa

16. Miami Dolphins (9-7): Michael Huff, DB, Texas

17. Minnesota Vikings (9-7): +Laurence Maroney, RB, Minnesota

18. Dallas Cowboys (9-7): Derek Hagan, WR, Arizona State

19. San Diego Chargers (9-7): Marcus McNeill, OT, Auburn

20. Kansas City Chiefs (10-6): Orien Harris, DT, Miami-Fla.

21. *-New England Patriots (10-6): Paul Posluszny, OLB, Penn State

22. *-Denver Broncos (10-6): Tamba Hali, DE, Penn State

Pick acquired from Washington Redskins

23. *-Carolina Panthers (11-5): Claude Wroten, DT, LSU

24. *-Tampa Bay Buccaneers (11-5): +Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson

25. *-Chicago Bears (11-5): Marcedes Lewis, TE, UCLA

26. *-Cincinnati Bengals (11-5): Brodrick Bunkley, DT, Florida State

27. *-New York Giants (11-5): Sinorice Moss, WR, Miami-Fla.

28. *-Pittsburgh Steelers (11-5): +LenDale White, RB, USC

29. *-Jacksonville Jaguars (12-4): Elvis Dumervil, DE, Louisville

30. *-Seattle Seahawks (13-3): Thomas Howard, OLB, UTEP

31. *-Denver Broncos (13-3): +Leonard Pope, TE, Georgia

32. *-Indianapolis Colts (14-2): Eric Winston, OT, Miami-Fla.

* - Still to be determined by playoffs

The HAWK was on fire in the bowl game, wasnt he? Damn good player...but eh...we need to improve across our lines, we've put that off long enough.

Dont get me wrong...I dig AJ Hawk and think he will dominate at the next level...but I also think Williams, Ngata or Ferguson will be equally succesful in the NFL.

The HAWK was on fire in the bowl game, wasnt he?  Damn good player...but eh...we need to improve across our lines, we've put that off long enough. 

Dont get me wrong...I dig AJ Hawk and think he will dominate at the next level...but I also think Williams, Ngata or Ferguson will be equally succesful in the NFL.

557239[/snapback]

Understand, but I hope we address the interior line in FA, and a LT isn't going to start right away in the NFL with any success. Beyond that I think if Peters is as good as everyone thinks and his speed he should be moved to the left. A solid RT can usually be found later in the draft. So Hawk in the first, RT in the 2nd, and a couple DT after that.

Get a stud Center and RG in FA, and I still believe Anderson with a good Oline coach is the LG.

I just hate passing on a sure stud like Hawk if you can get him.

I hope we don't pass up Mario for Ngata, as much of a need as DT is not withstanding.

557222[/snapback]

Exactly.

If we go into the draft having already gotten help via free agency @ DT and on the OL (interior, especially), then I sure hope we end up w/ a stud pass rusher like Williams. I don't see us being able to find as good a mix of pass rush help/run stuffing help/OL help if we go after Ngata in the first and address the pass rush later. There's nobody in free agency or later in the draft that's as strong a pass rusher as Williams. Kiwanuka is close, and if we end up w/ him (if Mario is taken by our pick), then I'd be okay w/ that also. Other than those 2, there's no standout pass rusher available @ DE.

Get a stud Center and RG in FA, and I still believe Anderson with a good Oline coach is the LG.

557246[/snapback]

McNally's not the king of all kings, lord of all lords any more in terms of OL coaching?

What you said for Hawk is how I feel about Mario Williams: it would be a shame to pass on a guy who could become a Julius Peppers-type pass rusher in the league. It really would be.

Understand, but I hope we address the interior line in FA, and a LT isn't going to start right away in the NFL with any success.  Beyond that I think if Peters is as good as everyone thinks and his speed he should be moved to the left.  A solid RT can usually be found later in the draft.  So Hawk in the first, RT in the 2nd, and a couple DT after that. 

557246[/snapback]

So you finally jumped on the Peters bandwagon huh? I seem to remember you telling me that Peters was all hype and that some people like me couldn't have even watched any of the games because he wasn't that good. Glad you're aboard.

So you finally jumped on the Peters bandwagon huh?  I seem to remember you telling me that Peters was all hype and that some people like me couldn't have even watched any of the games because he wasn't that good.  Glad you're aboard.

557261[/snapback]

No what I have said he that he has shown well in the passing game, and getting a body on rushers, where his foot speed helps. However he is terrible in my opinion in the run game, and has no push and his not suited for that reason on the rightside.

He needs to go to LT where that will be less of an issue.

Not onboard at RT, where he is a poor option, and not very good. He maybe better at LT, I don't know, and willing to give him a chance because of the things I mentioned. Does that make sense? :w00t:

McNally's not the king of all kings, lord of all lords any more in terms of OL coaching?

What you said for Hawk is how I feel about Mario Williams: it would be a shame to pass on a guy who could become a Julius Peppers-type pass rusher in the league. It really would be.

Totally agree- 300lbers who can rush the quarterback don't come around all that often, in fact I can only think of two... Julius Peppers and Mario Williams. I just wasn't that impressed with Nagta in the game against OU, and what was the deal with his knee injury?

What you said for Hawk is how I feel about Mario Williams:  it would be a shame to pass on a guy who could become a Julius Peppers-type pass rusher in the league.  It really would be.

557255[/snapback]

Rich, backhanded compliment here, but you are one of a few opinions I really trust. But no Mcnally is not, and I am not sure ever reason was, the lord of lords. I think that was hype.

But Baltimore Oline replaced Anderson with Mulitalo and had Ogden looking bad as a result this year. Ogden I think was in fact helped in the past by an above average Anderson, who while maybe got stupid motion penalties in B'more, didn't really get beat. This year Anderson looked to have technique problems, and i blame the coach. He started getting better towards the end of the year, and other then his weight and inability to pull effectively, he was probably the best Olineman at the end of the season.

Understand, but I hope we address the interior line in FA, and a LT isn't going to start right away in the NFL with any success.  Beyond that I think if Peters is as good as everyone thinks and his speed he should be moved to the left.  A solid RT can usually be found later in the draft.  So Hawk in the first, RT in the 2nd, and a couple DT after that. 

557246[/snapback]

Bennie is too dumb to play OL in the NFL.

No what I have said he that he has shown well in the passing game, and getting a body on rushers, where his foot speed helps.  However he is terrible in my opinion in the run game, and has no push and his not suited for that reason on the rightside. 

He needs to go to LT where that will be less of an issue. 

Not onboard at RT, where he is a poor option, and not very good.  He maybe better at LT, I don't know, and willing to give him a chance because of the things I mentioned.  Does that make sense?  :w00t:

557263[/snapback]

I still can't say I agree with you, I thought he progressed almost equally as fast in the run game. If you can get a copy of the Jets game (I have it Tivo'd) watch it but watch Peters the whole time, he was plowing Jets on run plays. I think the inability to run to the right side was more CV's fault, he had a really bad second half of the season, along with Willis reverting back to dancing too much. I wouldn't mind seeing him at left tackle because he is so athletic but I don't agree that he was a liability in the run game. I'm not ready to send this kid to Canton or even Hiawi by any means but he has given me hope for the future of this offensive line. Now if we could just give the interior of the line a little facelift by signing.. Hutch or LeCharles this line would instantly be worlds better than last years.

Ogden I think was in fact helped in the past by an above average Anderson, who while maybe got stupid motion penalties in B'more, didn't really get beat. 

557273[/snapback]

:w00t:

Ogden plays LT, Anderson played RG. <_<

Can't believe you're still trying to spin Fat Bennie. :w00t:

No what I have said he that he has shown well in the passing game, and getting a body on rushers, where his foot speed helps.  However he is terrible in my opinion in the run game, and has no push and his not suited for that reason on the rightside. 

557263[/snapback]

That's my opinion of his play as well. Maybe a full off-season of weight training would help with the push, however...

And I would like to see Anderson out of here...he can't move worth a damn.

Round 1 - RB

Round 2 - WR

Round 3 - QB

Round 3 - QB

Round 4 - WR

Round 5 - TE

Round 6 - RB

Round 7 - WR

There....we are good to go! :w00t:

557295[/snapback]

I think a whole lot of people here would look like the guy in your avatar if that happens.

Exactly. 

If we go into the draft having already gotten help via free agency @ DT and on the OL (interior, especially), then I sure hope we end up w/ a stud pass rusher like Williams.  I don't see us being able to find as good a mix of pass rush help/run stuffing help/OL help if we go after Ngata in the first and address the pass rush later.  There's nobody in free agency or later in the draft that's as strong a pass rusher as Williams.  Kiwanuka is close, and if we end up w/ him (if Mario is taken by our pick), then I'd be okay w/ that also.  Other than those 2, there's no standout pass rusher available @ DE.

557250[/snapback]

I live in the Raleigh area and have watched MArio Williams for 3 years now and he is the real deal. AJ Hawk is a stud, but Bills don't need LB. Mario Williams is 6'5", weighs 285, and runs a 4.6 40.........He is a freak and a Julius Peppers clone. Bills pass rush problems would be solved. Of course, Ngato from Oregon takes up 2-3 blockers and could turn out to be great player as well. Players like MArio Williams come around once every 10 years.