Willis made the "Worst List" of 2005

What I will add is that Therm Thomas and mcgahee had very similiar injuries with similiar situations. Thomas was drafted in the second round because he was injured, mcgahee was drafted later in the first round due to his injury.

The difference, Thomas was mad, he was angry that he fell that far. He came out to prove the rest of the league wrong. mcgahee, well....... it really looks like he wants to make his contract incentives then relax

The character Marv mentions is what Thomas displayed. The situations are almost identicle, but the people and the times aren't. I do think Marv will be taking a HARD look at mcgahee, maybe bring Thomas in to have a heart to heart with mcgahee.

558490[/snapback]

I actually think Willis just got a little disinterested when it became clear that we weren't going anywhere this year and were basically out of it. He mailed it in for most of the second half of the year, with flashes of turning it up when he felt like it. I think this is a terrible attitude, obviously. But I also think he was similar to Moulds, sick of losing, and just frustrated because football wasn't fun like he expected it to be this year.

Again, it's a terrible, crappy attitude, but what it also means is that we're likely to see a sprightly Willis at the beginning of next year and we won't have to worry about him as long as we're in the hunt. The better team we are, the better he will be. Sure, you could say if he were better we would be better, and I agree that is true. But it was only after we had shown we weren't going anywhere and everyone knew it that he slacked off.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually think Willis just got a little disinterested when it became clear that we weren't going anywhere this year and were basically out of it. He mailed it in for most of the second half of the year, with flashes of turning it up when he felt like it. I think this is a terrible attitude, obviously. But I also think he was similar to Moulds, sick of losing, and just frustrated because football wasn't fun like he expected it to be this year.

Again, it's a terrible, crappy attitude, but what it also means is that we're likely to see a sprightly Willis at the beginning of next year and we won't have to worry about him as long as we're in the hunt. The better team we are, the better he will be. Sure, you could say if he were better we would be better, and I agree that is true. But it was only after we had shown we weren't going anywhere and everyone knew it that he slacked off.

558493[/snapback]

Excellent point, does that mean that mcgahee and moulds, who seem to be pretty tight, just didn't buy into the offensive "system"???? And since they don't like the "system" they don't WANT to play???

Yea, that does stink. Is this up to Marv to get them interested, or is that a function of the HC???? THIS IS WHERE I HAVE TO QUESTION, why keep mularkey????

This goes back to needing a total strailization at One Bills Drive. Are they relying too much on Marv Levy's abilities to fix ALL the problems from the d?onahoe era???

Excellent point, does that mean that mcgahee and moulds, who seem to be pretty tight, just didn't buy into the offensive "system"???? And since they don't like the "system" they don't WANT to play???

Yea, that does stink. Is this up to Marv to get them interested, or is that a function of the HC???? THIS IS WHERE I HAVE TO QUESTION, why keep mularkey????

This goes back to needing a total strailization at One Bills Drive. Are they relying too much on Marv Levy's abilities to fix ALL the problems from the d?onahoe era???

558503[/snapback]

Not necessarily. I'm sure Willis would have liked more holes and would have liked to run more, but again, I think he started mailing it in only after the entire season was shot. And if we had any chance at the playoffs he would have been a lot more energized and active. I don't agree with it, obviously. But he didnt quit on the team when we still had a chance, only after. And he still ran pretty hard for the most part. He just wasn't as forceful or active. It was like he was giving 90 or 95% when he should have been giving 100%.

He has 2 years left on his contract...

http://nflpa.org/Members/playerProfile.asp?ID=34527

558201[/snapback]

Thanks for the site! I stand corrected. I had read some reports that his deal was 16m over 4 years. It is interesting that he (23rd pick, coming off a significant injury with at least one year lost) makes about 50% more in base salary each of the five years than Losman (22nd pick).

I'd still stay away from him on the basis of cost for anything higher than a 2nd, if I get him only for 2 years at a million a year.

This continues to be bothersome to me, right up to the second to last game when one of the announcers commented that Willis was the "self-proclaimed" best back in the league. It implies he called a press conference on his front yard to spread the news.

This is a perfect example of how irresponsible the media has become.

557214[/snapback]

Something about WM has always bothered me. I always took his attitude to make him out as a punk. But a lot of young guys (I was a punk in my twenties) could be perceived as "punks" only because they are young, and what they say can be easily misconstrued.

For that reason, I will not jump on a Dump Willis bandwagon ... yet. He can show us his stuff in 2006, or not. The ball is literally in his hands.

As Marv says - let your play on the field do your talking.

F the media. :unsure:

Do you know what Jamal Lewis, Curtis Martin, Corey Dillon, and Kevin Jones have in common?  I'll bet someone out there does.

No, Willis is not the sole reason we're 5-11.  What he is, though, is a young guy who should do more on the field (production) and less off the field (bragging on himself).  Let's all hope for a clean slate in 2006.

557213[/snapback]

Excellent post. Willis still rushed for over 1,200 yards in an unstable QB situation with little offensive support aside from Moulds and some occasional Evans' flashes.

And that was with a shaky line to work with.

I like Willis but even I was disappointed by his comments and his silly TD dances.

Didn't Travis Henry have over 1300 running behind the Mike Pucillo & RJ handing him the ball?

By the way, only 5TDs is very, very not best in the league...

558041[/snapback]

no actually he didnt, that would be drew bledose handing him the ball, and travis had to break 3 tackles every run just to get 5 yards so dont tell me that. Im not saying that 5td's is best in the league, but should 1200 yards be ugly? no, its not as good as he should have been, but ugly? come on, did u read the rest of the list to compare that to?