Rob Johnson

michbills

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Having your head bounce off the carpet repeatedly will do that.In Rob Johnson's last few games as a Bill,he was a slow motion caricature of himself.

I've noticed the same 'quality' in Bledsoe in his last several games.

39605[/snapback]

That is a HUGE point, and one which I have raised (to the point of nausea, I know :) ). The Bills front office, including both TD and Mr. Butler, neglected the OL so badly, that the careers of qbs (including that of Jim Kelly) were cut short. These guys are so badly beaten up, it is hard to imagine yet alone expect productivity.

As Albany NY stated, Evans will have to be truly great for his pick to make sense. We now have a fast wr who will be speeding downfield while his qb lies on the turf, bruised and bloodied. They could have taken Losman and kept the first pick in 05.

Or, will McNally, the guy whose teams have given up 57 sacks in the last 18 games, change this sad scene? I am not holding my breath.

The problem is...NEWS FLASH!...The offensive line!!!!!!! That's the two tackles, the guards and the Center.  Probably could include the tight end in the mix as well.  OFFENSIVE LINE.  Notice that when we draft next year.  Notice that in free agency.  OFFENSIVE LINE.  Joe Montana, Joe Namath, Otto Graham and Johnny UNnitas couldn't do anything with our line. Does Bledsoe suck? Probably. However don't for one second think that any other quarterback won't suck at least as bad with this line.

39598[/snapback]

DING DING DING DING DING DING.....

We have a winner!!!!

hey Einstein...Culpepper's team lost last night!

39602[/snapback]

I know he lost last night, that's not the point. The point is he created plays where there was nothing. Where a less mobile QB would have gotten killed. Just think how that game would have been if it was Buffalo and Philly, you thought 7 sacks was a lot against the Raiders? It would have easily have been double if Culpepper was Bledsoe.

Can somebody please tell me if there is any difference between Rob Johnson and the current incarnation of Drew Bledsoe?  They both hold the ball too long (4 second clock, my a**).  At least Johnson had some mobility.  There are many suspect offensive lines in the league, but some quarterbacks still manage to get it done.

39542[/snapback]

Rob would be an improvement over Drew because he had escapability and he ocassionally did hit a big play.

I know he lost last night, that's not the point.  The point is he created plays where there was nothing.  Where a less mobile QB would have gotten killed.  Just think how that game would have been if it was Buffalo and Philly, you thought 7 sacks was a lot against the Raiders?  It would have easily have been double if Culpepper was Bledsoe.

39630[/snapback]

that is the point...winning is the only thing that's important. The Bills weren't blown out in these 2 losses and they both could have easily been wins, it ain't just the QB, it's a team game.

that is the point...winning is the only thing that's important.  The Bills weren't blown out in these 2 losses and they both could have easily been wins, it ain't just the QB, it's a team game.

39639[/snapback]

You're right, this is a team game and unlike others I do not hold DB solely responsible for this loss. If anything, I put a lot of the blame on the OL for this one, I am only thinking that a more mobile QB could escape from the pressure caused by the seive of an OL we have and possibly create a couple of big plays.

The Raiders game can be blamed on the entire offense, between Bledsoe's misfired passes, the WR dropping passes and the OL and RB's missing assignments.

I have been a DB supporter from the start, but with this horrible OL, I just don't think he can get it done.

I tell you what, I wouldn't want RJ back here either, but he showed some huge nuts in that playoff game in TN, man. He got hammered in that game nearly every down in the first half, yet still brought it in the second half. I was watching that game on tape at around 3am (after having worked 12 hours in a crisis center trying to avoid hearing about the score), and I was so psyched up until the last minute of that game. I could not believe the way it ended. But RJ came to play. Flutie can kiss my ass with his comments about how he would have won that game. RJ had the sumbitch won, man.

The sad thing is R.J. played in a playoff game as a Bill.  I don't see that happening for Bledsoe.

39572[/snapback]

Not that I support RJ, but that game is when the Bills jump the shark. How long before we can recover from the "Music City Mistake". Right after the game my brother predicted three years before we were back in the playoffs. Now I'm begin to wonder if we have three years from now.

I know he lost last night, that's not the point.  The point is he created plays where there was nothing.  Where a less mobile QB would have gotten killed.  Just think how that game would have been if it was Buffalo and Philly, you thought 7 sacks was a lot against the Raiders?  It would have easily have been double if Culpepper was Bledsoe.

39630[/snapback]

cut off the 2nd half of my post anyway what I was gonna say

D. Culpepper 37/47 343 1 1 D. Culpepper 2 1 0 0

The yards are only cause of being behind. 2 turnovers, sacked 4 times. One of his turnovers a fumble right by the goalline costing the vikings valuable points. So Much for all that mobility eh? :o

cut off the 2nd half of my post anyway what I was gonna say

D. Culpepper 37/47 343 1 1 D. Culpepper 2 1 0 0

The yards are only cause of being behind. 2 turnovers, sacked 4 times. One of his turnovers a fumble right by the goalline costing the vikings valuable points. So Much for all that mobility eh? 

If that was Drew playing for the Vikes Monday night his line would look like this:

13/34 134 0 TD 1 INT 12 sacks and we would of lost 27-0

BTW if you watched the game Culpepper eluded pass rushers the whole game and created first down after first down. Whenever they got inside the 20 the line would get called for multiple holds and offsides taken the out of field goal range and creating 3rd and long situations. The yards were not just because being behind. If anything that tipped Minnesotas hand even more and Philly sent more pass rushers. Daunte moved Minnesota up and down that field despite being assaulted every pass

If that was Drew playing for the Vikes Monday night his line would look like this:

13/34 134 0 TD 1 INT  12 sacks and we would of lost 27-0

BTW if you watched the game Culpepper eluded pass rushers the whole game and created first down after first down.  Whenever they got inside the 20 the line would get called for multiple holds and offsides taken the out of field goal range and creating 3rd and long situations.  The yards were not just because being behind.  If anything that tipped Minnesotas hand even more and Philly sent more pass rushers.  Daunte moved Minnesota up and down that field despite being assaulted every pass

40947[/snapback]

BFD...the Vikes still lost.

What's our record with Drew as starter?  Thanks for playing...

41321[/snapback]

Yeah, the Vikes have two more wins in the last two years (this season included) under "he's a winner I tell ya" Culpepper....You're welcome.