What if Jim Kelly became the new OC?

billsboys

I would love to see him back in Buffalo.  Marv and Kelly again with the Bills.  That would be awesome! :D

556654[/snapback]

I think Marv is the only person that could talk Jim into taking a Bills coaching job. I'd love to have him aboard in some capacity.

I would love to see him back in Buffalo.  Marv and Kelly again with the Bills.  That would be awesome! :D

556654[/snapback]

HE IS NOT GOING TO COACH ANYWHERE, ANYTIME, ANYHOW, NOW PLEASE PUT THIS TO BED. GOODNIGHT!!! :D0:)

HE IS NOT GOING TO COACH ANYWHERE, ANYTIME, ANYHOW, NOW PLEASE PUT THIS TO BED. GOODNIGHT!!!    :D  0:)

556670[/snapback]

THERE'S STILL A CHANCE! JIM COULD JUST AS EASILY DO THE SAME THING LEVY DID. AND THAT'S COMING OUT OF RETIREMENT. :D

What qualifications does Jim Kelly have as a offensive coordinator?  Oh Thats right he played over 10 years ago.  Maybe we can bring back andre and thurman and bruce while we're at it.  Let the past be the past. And Move into the future.

556676[/snapback]

Amen!!!! :D0:)

What qualifications does Jim Kelly have as a offensive coordinator?  Oh Thats right he played over 10 years ago.  Maybe we can bring back andre and thurman and bruce while we're at it.  Let the past be the past. And Move into the future.

556676[/snapback]

Guess what Guesswho. Kelly WAS the OC when he was on the field. The OC did what Kelly told him.

556654[/snapback]

Jerry Sullivan would call him unqualified and living in the past.

Then the Bills fan and the league would have another laugh at his expense.

Assitant headHead Coach-GLenn Parker

OC-Jim Kelly

QB coach-Frank Reich

Rb coaches-Thurman thomas when sober kenneth davis when hes drunk

Offensive line coach-Kent hull

wrs coach-andre reed

te coach- pete metzelarrs(sp???)

DC-Darrel Talley

Defensive line Coach-Bruce smith

Dbs Coach-Thomas Smith or or Nate odems

LBS Coach-Cornellius Bennett

Deffensive Assitant-Henry Jones

Strenght and Conditioning-Shane Conlan

Special Teams Coach- Steve Tasker

556548[/snapback]

Even he says Jim Kelly will be the new OC. :D

Guess what Guesswho.  Kelly WAS the OC when he was on the field.  The OC did what Kelly told him.

556681[/snapback]

So were a lot of other QB's eg, Staubach, Montana, Etc. They never coached either. Why,,,cause they wanted a life after fooball. AS does JIM, as he has said many many many times before.

So were a lot of other QB's eg, Staubach, Montana, Etc. They never coached either. Why,,,cause they wanted a life after fooball. AS does JIM, as he has said many many many times before.

556693[/snapback]

Yeah, he said it when he had a big responsibility which isn't there anymore.

Just cause Kelly is a great player does not necessarily mean he would be a great coach.

In fact, given some his past moments of interaction with his teammaes and the public:

1. His role in the "Bickering Bills" where because it takes two to tango he was one of the parties at fault.

2. Persistent discussion of his predilection for being a party boy which could be trumped up but could be a true relection of him as a person from the talk of his getting bombed before the 1st SB loss to throwing drinks in the face of obnoxious women.

3. His business here going down the tubes and them pullin off a midnite Baltimore Colts like Mayflower van skedaddle which was the way to save business profits but left a ton of Buffalo small business vendors in the lurch holding bad paper for cleaning the restaurant towels, providing services, etc.

4. A weird episode where he crashed a plane while in the Alaska outback outgunning some bambis and his story of his "dramatic" efforts to save his life made no sense when compared to the physical evidence or the pilots story of them crashlanding in ankle deep water.

He showed a lot of strength dealing with the Hunter tragedy and maybe he finally has become an adult due to this unimaginable horror/

However, Jimbo would have to show a lot of growth and that he has exceeded the personal development he showed as an athlete before any Bills fan is as comfortable with him as a coach as we were overjoyed with him as a player and on-field general.

Just cause Kelly is a great player does not necessarily mean he would be a great coach.

In fact, given some his past moments of interaction with his teammaes and the public:

1. His role in the "Bickering Bills" where because it takes two to tango he was one of the parties at fault.

2. Persistent discussion of his predilection for being a party boy which could be trumped up but could be a true relection of him as a person from the talk of his getting bombed before the 1st SB loss to throwing drinks in the face of obnoxious women.

3. His business here going down the tubes and them pullin off a midnite Baltimore Colts like Mayflower van skedaddle which was the way to save business profits but left a ton of Buffalo small business vendors in the lurch holding bad paper for cleaning the restaurant towels, providing services, etc.

4. A weird episode where he crashed a plane while in the Alaska outback outgunning some bambis and his story of his "dramatic" efforts to save his life made no sense when compared to the physical evidence or the pilots story of them crashlanding in ankle deep water.

He showed a lot of strength dealing with the Hunter tragedy and maybe he finally has become an adult due to this unimaginable horror/

However, Jimbo would have to show a lot of growth and that he has exceeded the personal development he showed as an athlete before any Bills fan is as comfortable with him as a coach as we were overjoyed with him as a player and on-field general.

556713[/snapback]

yes. and succinct too. thanks.

Jerry Sullivan would call him unqualified and living in the past.

Then the Bills fan and the league would have another laugh at his expense.

556685[/snapback]

If the Bills hired Moses as the OC, Sullivan will still be negative about it.

JS needs serious therapy.

Never as OC, but man, he'd be a helluva mentor for JP. Let Wyche be the OC and Jim be the QB coach.

I expect many of the "Good Ol Boys" to be in Rochester this summer. In fact, I don't think its so outrageous to consider Talley as LB coach or Thurman as RB coach. Think Thurman could teach Willis how to pick up a blitz!!! I do.

I think OC/DC/OL coach/ST coach shouldn't be the former players, but you telling me that Kent Hull couldn't work with Preston and teach him how to play C in the NFL? What about Bruce teaching the DEs some pass rushing moves at minicamp? Who would you listen to if you were a young DE, the all-time best sacker or some coach who knows nothing?

I think if the Good Old Boys come around some it will only benefit the team, both in their football knowledge and in showing the players how to win and play with heart and pride.