If you were the new GM and had #1 pick...

Forget that the Bills have the # 8 pick and assume you could take any one player in the entire draft for your first round pick...who would it be? I'm not talking about trading a pick. I want to know who you'd take if you could have any draftee.

I keep seeing a lot of posters getting geeked up about Bush, Leinhart, or Vince Young saying who great it would be if they could fall to the Bills. This amazes me. Aren't these kind of "sexy" picks exactly the reason the Bills are where they are today? Too many WRs, QBs, RBs, etc. wasted with the early picks.

If it were my choice, I'd want the most dominant O-linemen who was the most intelligent, self-motivated, mature, and pro-ready of the bunch. If there were a D-linemen that was a gamebreaker, that would be tempting too.

So you're on the clock with the first pick - who's your choice?

Forget that the Bills have the # 8 pick and assume you could take any one player in the entire draft for your first round pick...who would it be? I'm not talking about trading a pick. I want to know who you'd take if you could have any draftee.

I keep seeing a lot of posters getting geeked up about Bush, Leinhart, or Vince Young saying who great it would be if they could fall to the Bills. This amazes me. Aren't these kind of "sexy" picks exactly the reason the Bills are where they are today? Too many WRs, QBs, RBs, etc. wasted with the early picks.

If it were my choice, I'd want the most dominant O-linemen who was the most intelligent, self-motivated,  mature, and pro-ready of the bunch. If there were a D-linemen that was a gamebreaker, that would be tempting too.

555063[/snapback]

Mathias Kiwanuka DE Boston College

If it were my choice, I'd want the most dominant O-linemen who was the most intelligent, self-motivated,  mature, and pro-ready of the bunch. If there were a D-linemen that was a gamebreaker, that would be tempting too.

555063[/snapback]

I'd trade down and get the Brick

To me it's easily D'Brickashaw Ferguson as in my eyes if you build a quality line (on either side of the ball) first and foremost. Hence my avatar and what's beneath it.

555093[/snapback]

this in my opinion is a no brainer. fortunately there doesn't seem to be a lot of brains working at One Bills Drive.

You know, it's half joking, but if Young comes out I probably would do anything in my power to get him. I'm talking Ditka, trade all my picks for this guy. Get your linemen in FA. And I'm a Losman guy. Young is a difference maker. Period. He showed it on the national stage, with a world of pressure -- and he was clutch against a team that could probably whup the crap out of a few NFL squads. Plus, handing the ball to the official and limited celebration before going for the two? Classy.

Ferguson or Mario Williams. I'd probably flip a coin.

555089[/snapback]

Mario Williams is talented but young and imature. He plays when he wants too. Mathias has almost as much talent but will handle the next level much better then Mario. (IMO)

I also like The Brick but I believe there are a number of LT's and OT's in this draft that we can pick up later.

We have four picks in the first day and if we get compensation for Pat Williams we just might have five picks in the first day. We should be able to get at least two studs for the O-line and a safety or CB. :doh::(

Although you don't want to hear it, the best move is to trade the pick for a package of picks/ players.

The cost versus the risk of failure is too high for a player with zero NFL experience.

555085[/snapback]

Thats only a good move when there are multiple guys rated very closely at the top of your board, and you are still guaranteed to get one of them

Although you don't want to hear it, the best move is to trade the pick for a package of picks/ players.

The cost versus the risk of failure is too high for a player with zero NFL experience.

555085[/snapback]

Agreed...

But if I HAD to Pick one it would be Bush...He's a Gamebreaker/Playmaker...Can't have enough of those-type Players... :doh:

IF Young is coming out, I'd trade the pick to Jerry Jones for a "reverse-Herschel Walker-like" stash of picks & players... unless I was Houston, then I'd take Young.

555137[/snapback]

That's the way you build a winner. Trade the pick and not bet the farm (or your salary cap) on a single "can't miss" guy.