V. Young...

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know the Texans or their owner that well, but I think it'll be hard for them to not pick Young after that game. Cha-ching!

554741[/snapback]

and what do they do with David Carr? They might be able to trade him but the hit against the cap with him and the signing of another 1st overall pick might really damage their cap. As let's also consider as bad as our O-line is the Texans could be worse. As Carr was sacked 68 times this season, in comparison our line gave up 43 sacks.

and what do they do with David Carr? They might be able to trade him but the hit against the cap with him and the signing of another 1st overall pick might really damage their cap.  As let's also consider as bad as our O-line is the Texans could be worse. As Carr was sacked 68 times this season, in comparison our line gave up 43 sacks.

554752[/snapback]

I'm looking at the marketing in Houston, Texas. Like I said, I don't know their situation that well, but Young is a goldmine for them re: selling tickets. I can see their owner making an executive decision.

I'm looking at the marketing in Houston, Texas. Like I said, I don't know their situation that well, but Young is a goldmine for them re: selling tickets. I can see their owner making an executive decision.

554758[/snapback]

and if I'm Charlie Casserly I quit if I'm forced to take a guy because the owner chooses him. As let's not forget 1985 when Ralph was hell bent on taking Flutie 1st overall, thankfully Polian wasn't a yes man at GM and took Bruce Smith instead.

Young had a 500 yard game tonight, imagine what he could do in the NFL, he's better than Vick, and McNair and maybe even McNabb.

554762[/snapback]

i dunno if he'd necessarily surpass any of those qb's just yet...mcnair was pretty damn good when healthy

he does have one thing over vick though...i think he's STD free (so far)

Just imagine if Cinci beat the Bills 2 games ago - We would have a shot at Bush, Leinart, or Young ......

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

KAAHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN ! ! ! !

554770[/snapback]

Young and Bush haven't officially declared yet for what it's worth. That said if we had the 3rd pick and I'd be looking at a certain Left OT in Virginia over any of the guys you mentioned or a DE out of NC State.

Just a thought here guys, but there is a GREAT chance that he goes back to Texas. He has said on a number of occassions that he plans on going back for his senior year.

So, let's not jump all over this until he declares, if he declares! I have a hunch he will go back to Texas, but who knows (I personally would come jump at the chance to declare just to avoid injury and for the fact his stock won't get any higher than it is right now).

But don't get too excited because he might go back to Texas. If he does come out, only better for us because that means 1 more player will drop to us at 8. Personally I hope he comes out.

Just a thought here guys, but there is a GREAT chance that he goes back to Texas.  He has said on a number of occassions that he plans on going back for his senior year. 

So, let's not jump all over this until he declares, if he declares!  I have a hunch he will go back to Texas, but who knows (I personally would come jump at the chance to declare just to avoid injury and for the fact his stock won't get any higher than it is right now). 

But don't get too excited because he might go back to Texas.  If he does come out, only better for us because that means 1 more player will drop to us at 8.  Personally I hope he comes out.

554775[/snapback]

I do think that he'll come back. :-)

I find it funny, all those Redneck White Supremecy Groups in texas are cheering for a african american guy beatinf the crap out of USC. LOL

554779[/snapback]

Naw, UT Austin is extremely liberal, our white population is down to around 40%.

You're thinking of Texas A&M.

I couldn't be more impressed with Young. His physical gifts are obvious, but it was his mental approach that really stood out. He is one cool and collected MFer. I would be stunned if he didn't turn out to be a highly successful pro, just based on his attitude and his calm in the pocket. The one thing I'd worry about is not his throwing motion (seems to work) but the fact that he runs that O out of the shotgun.

BTW, I think Pete Carroll was absolutely right to go for it on fourth down. You just had the feeling that if they gave the ball back to Young he was gonna score, whether he had to go 50 yards or 80. USC's best chance at the end was to pick up that 4th with White - game over. I think Carroll's call was ballsy and correct. It just didn't work out. It wasn't arrogance; it was an entirely appropriate fear of Young.

What a game.

I dont think that USC realized what a QB spy was ... or they used one and he was very in-effective.

Young will not be able to Roam as easily in the NFL ... but still a great talent none the less.

554707[/snapback]

They used a spy but its pretty hard to be effective with broken ankles after getting faked out of your cleats.

The more I think about it, IF Young comes out, the Texans have no choice but to take him. Cause if they don't, I think Jerry Jones is gonna come gunning for him.... dump his stone-cold loser of a QB for a stone-cold winner & the hero of the State. I think Jones offers the world to pick him... this ain't like drafting a 5'9" midget college legend Flutie either, Young is the sh--. PR disaster in Houston if Young goes to the Boys & the Texans could've taken him.

So if you're Houston - in Texas  :( - who do you want at #1?

Carr & Bush

or

Young & Davis

Tough call for Casserley.  :doh:

554727[/snapback]

No brainer -- Vince Young. The David Carr+On Offensive Line experiment is officially over.

Someone would be willing to take on David Carr and his contract -- my guess is Oakland would bite.