USC vs Texas

Frez

Frez, i went to mount union college for two years before transfering... A little history of mount football. Since 1993, the team has lost exactly one, yes one regular season game, and has only lost a couple times in the D-III playoffs. Their head coach, larry kehris (sp?) is the winningest coach in NCAA history (0.950 appx. winning %). I loved watching the clinics that they held on saturday afternoons, however i'm always one to see david take out goliath. Texas tonight.

Upset tonight?

Texas over USC?

553884[/snapback]

I've watched a bit of Pac-10 football this year - I don't think USC is as good as they have been the previous 2 years.

I do think that SC has a better offense than even Carson Palmer's final go-around - that OL may be as good as some pro teams. Their defense is somewhat dubious this year though and I really think that Texas will pull off the upset.

Also, Vince Young is Michael Vick on steroids. He runs past DBs like they were standing still - and he's as big as some LBs. He sold me when he brought his team back against some tough defenses last year, both running and throwing. Note that he has a higher passer rating than Leinart despite the latter having more weapons.

Upset tonight?

Texas over USC?

553884[/snapback]

no sir

Carroll's attacking defense is healthy and in place..........only close calls the last couple years came against pro type of attacks that used ball control...................Young is a tremendous talent though and Texas has their best offensive line in it's history.........still not a ball control team but big play is their forte

one of the best football games i ever saw was last years game between texas and michigan...this one could be a dandy.......but cant go against a team that has won 34 straight

Weren't they number one and two since the very first poll of the season? I would think that that is unprecendented to have that happen, and then play each other for the championship, but I haven't heard mention of that. Does anybody know if it is?

I've watched a bit of Pac-10 football this year - I don't think USC is as good as they have been the previous 2 years. 

I do think that SC has a better offense than even Carson Palmer's final go-around - that OL may be as good as some pro teams.  Their defense is somewhat dubious this year though and I really think that Texas will pull off the upset. 

Also, Vince Young is Michael Vick on steroids.  He runs past DBs like they were standing still - and he's as big as some LBs.  He sold me when he brought his team back against some tough defenses last year, both running and throwing.  Note that he has a higher passer rating than Leinart despite the latter having more weapons.

553925[/snapback]

what a game - not sure if Young's coming out, but he's the best college QB I've ever seen - the bigger the game, the better he is.

Can't remember his name, but the TE for Texas had a great game!  No, not a lot of flash, touchdowns, etc., but 10 catches, got open, provided a good safety outlet for VY.  Someone who should get some props.

554763[/snapback]

His name is David Thomas. Great white boy whose been at the University for 4 years now. We will miss him next year, fo' sho.

His current backup is Neal Tweedie. Yeah, his name really is Tweedie. ;p My girlfriend knows him, and his nickname is tweedy bird, rofl.

He's a good jumbo set tight end, but not the outlet receiver that Thomas is.

I'm still somewhat in awe. I can't believe that one of my teams finally won a championship. God knows that the Bills and Sabres haven't.

His name is David Thomas.  Great white boy whose been at the University for 4 years now.  We will miss him next year, fo' sho.

His current backup is Neal Tweedie.  Yeah, his name really is Tweedie. ;p  My girlfriend knows him, and his nickname is tweedy bird, rofl.

He's a good jumbo set tight end, but not the outlet receiver that Thomas is.

I'm still somewhat in awe.  I can't believe that one of my teams finally won a championship.  God knows that the Bills and Sabres haven't.

554771[/snapback]

Question. I haven't followed Thomas' career, but he really impressed me tonight. Has he always been this reliable? (In your post, it sound like it).

I can see him as a 3rd round pick, if not a low 2nd round pick. Might be a nice pick-up for Buffalo!

Question.  I haven't followed Thomas' career, but he really impressed me tonight.  Has he always been this reliable?  (In your post, it sound like it). 

I can see him as a 3rd round pick, if not a low 2nd round pick.  Might be a nice pick-up for Buffalo!

554798[/snapback]

Yeah, he has been very solid his entire career.

He's not a fast guy by any stretch of the imagination, but he'll make the tough catches in the middle of the passing game. He's a guy that you can rely on to make a tough catch as an outlet receiver. He's not gonna lite anyone up like Jeremy Shockey or Kellen Winslow, but he'll be a good receiver in the pros. He doesn't drop balls very often.

I'm still somewhat in awe.  I can't believe that one of my teams finally won a championship.

Congratulations!

Now you know how I felt when Ohio State won the national title three years ago.

BTW, when do we start trash-talking for the September 9 game in Austin? :doh:

Question.  I haven't followed Thomas' career, but he really impressed me tonight.  Has he always been this reliable?  (In your post, it sound like it). 

I can see him as a 3rd round pick, if not a low 2nd round pick.  Might be a nice pick-up for Buffalo!

554798[/snapback]

Didnt you just draft a TE this past year?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.