Why all the negativity and cynicism...its nuts.

For some of the folks who are referring to Ralph Wilson as an idiot, and old and senile, and screwing the Bills up, you should be ashamed of yourselves. That guy could have taken this team away from Buffalo so long ago it's not even funny.

While I agree that Tom Donahoe needed to be held accountable and was rightly fired for what he has put out on the field, I was sort of teetering as to whether we need to completely rebuild or not and whether Mularkey was a bust or not.

My hope is that MM will make a dramatic improvement and learn from the mistakes he made. I also hope he will bring in some experienced coordinators to help with the game day adjustments that obviously were sub-par this year. How many coaches get canned early and go on to very good head coaches elsewhere. Everyone last year was saying what a great job Mularkey did. He bombed this year. Why don't we see what year three under a different philosophy does and then we'll know, and if he still shows that this year was no fluke then you make a change in the coach.

As far as for Marv Levy, I really don't see a more qualified person out there to be a General Manager for the Buffalo Bills and I would love for him to come back. Marv Levy HAS General Managing experience for a CFL team, and I believe possibly was in the front office for a USFL team. He was a HOF head coach, has been a commentator for the television stations for many years, he is noted for his brilliance, and the guy just flat out knows how to deal with people, and loves the city of Buffalo and this football team. What better combination. He's got Modrak to help with the scouting, and Brandon and Overdorf to help with the financials. I want a guy who can bring it all together, not for who is "a highly regarded evaluator of talent". Isn't that who was just let go. We've seen where that has taken us.

As far as Mike Mularkey being a lame duck coach with Marv brough in, I'm not so sure. Marv was quoted in the AP as recently as a month ago in thinking very highly of Mike Mularkey. I have a feeling the two could hit it off and Marv can be a mentor, something that Tom Donahoe could never offer to Mike. Am I a Mike Mularkey fan. Not really, as I thought he did a crappy job this year. I do like the fact he stood up to Eric, but didn't like the way he caved to the veterans and tried to save his job with Holcumb, but everyone makes mistakes and if we all forget he is in his 2nd year as well. If we think JP can get immensely better (and I do), we have to hopefully think that of a coach as well (they are human after all).

Why don't we appreciate the fact that Ralph recognizes that there was a problem, and is doing what he thinks is right to (in his own words) "Give the fans of Buffalo a better product". He isn't doing it to make more money, as the stadium has been filled up. He wants Buffalo fans to have something to be proud of, and he is doing what he thinks is right. Give him a chance, instead of being "Chicken Little" and acting like everything he is doing is going to doom us all to hell. It's a game for goodness sakes.

Anyhoo, give it time, appreciate the fact they are trying to make changes (supposedly for the better) and let's have some hope that things will get better. We've got some talent on this team whether some of you believe it or not.

GO BILLS in 2006. Can't wait for TKO to pull out his list!!!!!!

Yea we wanted changes but not this horsesh*t!

All they did was put a bandaid on a HUGE Gash!

553901[/snapback]

Well, then you have a right to go ou and spend 600 million dollars, buy your own team, and make the decisions you feel are not "horsesh--". It's his team, and he does with it what he thinks is right.

All I'm saying is enjoy the fact we have a football team to root for, and enjoy life instead of being so pessimistic that we are doomed to a crappy product on the field. I don't think Marv Levy is coming back to tarnish his reputation by building a losing franchise.

There are worse things to be upset over.

You haven't been around this moron-a-thon too long, have you?

For some of the folks who are referring to Ralph Wilson as an idiot, and old and senile, and screwing the Bills up, you should be ashamed of yourselves.  That guy could have taken this team away from Buffalo so long ago it's not even funny.

While I agree that Tom Donahoe needed to be held accountable and was rightly fired for what he has put out on the field, I was sort of teetering as to whether we need to completely rebuild or not and whether Mularkey was a bust or not.

My hope is that MM will make a dramatic improvement and learn from the mistakes he made.  I also hope he will bring in some experienced coordinators to help with the game day adjustments that obviously were sub-par this year.  How many coaches get canned early and go on to very good head coaches elsewhere.  Everyone last year was saying what a great job Mularkey did.  He bombed this year.  Why don't we see what year three under a different philosophy does and then we'll know, and if he still shows that this year was no fluke then you make a change in the coach. 

As far as for Marv Levy, I really don't see a more qualified person out there to be a General Manager for the Buffalo Bills and I would love for him to come back.  Marv Levy HAS General Managing experience for a CFL team, and I believe possibly was in the front office for a USFL team.  He was a HOF head coach, has been a commentator for the television stations for many years, he is noted for his brilliance, and the guy just flat out knows how to deal with people, and loves the city of Buffalo and this football team.  What better combination.  He's got Modrak to help with the scouting, and Brandon and Overdorf to help with the financials.  I want a guy who can bring it all together, not for who is "a highly regarded evaluator of talent".  Isn't that who was just let go.  We've seen where that has taken us.

As far as Mike Mularkey being a lame duck coach with Marv brough in, I'm not so sure.  Marv was quoted in the AP as recently as a month ago in thinking very highly of Mike Mularkey.  I have a feeling the two could hit it off and Marv can be a mentor, something that Tom Donahoe could never offer to Mike.  Am I a Mike Mularkey fan.  Not really, as I thought he did a crappy job this year.  I do like the fact he stood up to Eric, but didn't like the way he caved to the veterans and tried to save his job with Holcumb, but everyone makes mistakes and if we all forget he is in his 2nd year as well.  If we think JP can get immensely better (and I do), we have to hopefully think that of a coach as well (they are human after all).

Why don't we appreciate the fact that Ralph recognizes that there was a problem, and is doing what he thinks is right to (in his own words) "Give the fans of Buffalo a better product".  He isn't doing it to make more money, as the stadium has been filled up.  He wants Buffalo fans to have something to be proud of, and he is doing what he thinks is right.  Give him a chance, instead of being "Chicken Little" and acting like everything he is doing is going to doom us all to hell.  It's a game for goodness sakes. 

Anyhoo, give it time, appreciate the fact they are trying to make changes (supposedly for the better) and let's have some hope that things will get better.  We've got some talent on this team whether some of you believe it or not.

GO BILLS in 2006.  Can't wait for TKO to pull out his list!!!!!!

553857[/snapback]

Great post! If you think the people on this site are negative got to billszone.com. Some people are never happy, I think if Vince Lombardi himself could come back and coach people would still find something to complain about. Marv will be a GREAT addition, as you state, he handles people so well. Piss on the naysayers! GO BILLS!

Yea we wanted changes but not this horsesh*t!

All they did was put a bandaid on a HUGE Gash!

553901[/snapback]

I don't post much here I just read for the most part.But damm it people get a freakin grip.I get so tired of having to read all the doom and gloom.I have heard the argument that as a fan you have the right to B word.But how about while you are bithching you offer up a solution to the problem as well.There are alot here that just B word and have no clue what they would do to really fix the problem.just pick the most reconizable name or the the next hot coach and think that is all we need to do.Oh really Sherlock how about lay out a plan to get it done and than you can realize that you are just a fan and your plan would never pan out .Because you don't get paid to do what pros do.And you know why because you can't do what they do.

Who knows these moves that our "Idiot"owner is making just may pan out.And with talent on hand we COULD make the playoffs believe it or not.But some of you geniuses have it all figured out so I guess I'll just not watch next year.Thanks for saving me the time.

There are actually alot of people on this board I enjoy reading and seem to have a good grip on things.But alot of you are just idiots.I honestly believe that if we were undefeated alot of you would B word that we weren't getting enough yards or sacks or what freakin' ever.

Heres to us making the playoffs next year and you Idiots out there to go crawl back under the rock you crawled out from under.And let the rest of us enjoy The Bills for what it is sports entertainment.Nothing more nothing less but life to me.

For anyone that has a problem with what I have to say. Hell I don't post much like I said so you can kiss my a#$.And if that gets me banned whatever atleast I meant what I said.

Who knows these moves that our "Idiot"owner is making just may pan out.And with talent on hand we COULD make the playoffs believe it or not.But some of you geniuses have it all figured out so I guess I'll just not watch next year.Thanks for saving me the time.

You mean based on his stellar track record, right? Alienate Lou Saban, hire guys like Hank Bullough and Kay Stephenson.

Fire guys like Bill Polian, hire guys like Stew Barber.

Don't seriously negotiate with Jim Kelly, bring in Vince Ferragamo.

Yep, Ralph is a friggin' football genius. The reality is the Marv era is the aberration in Buffalo BILLS history, not the rule. Ralph is a nice old guy and the years has made alot of people's memory of him as an owner very soft.

You mean based on his stellar track record, right?  Alienate Lou Saban, hire guys like Hank Bullough and Kay Stephenson. 

Yep, Ralph is a friggin' football genius.  The reality is the Marv era is the aberration in Buffalo BILLS history, not the rule.  Ralph is a nice old guy and the years has made alot of people's memory of him as an owner very soft.

554064[/snapback]

Don't forget letting Chuck Knox go, after building the best teams the franchise had put on the filed, in about 15 years...

I was depressed before, but now you have me all nostolgic, for the good ol' bad old days...

You mean based on his stellar track record, right?  Alienate Lou Saban, hire guys like Hank Bullough and Kay Stephenson. 

Yep, Ralph is a friggin' football genius.  The reality is the Marv era is the aberration in Buffalo BILLS history, not the rule.  Ralph is a nice old guy and the years has made alot of people's memory of him as an owner very soft.

554064[/snapback]

So in other words, what you're saying is that diehard Bills fans are morons for putting up with this team... :huh:

So in other words, what you're saying is that diehard Bills fans are morons for putting up with this team... :huh:

554111[/snapback]

Not sure how I'd connect those dots and get that. What I'm saying is I wouldn't trust Ralph's particular brand of "wisdom" when his body of work to date is so poor.

I'm still a BILLS' fan and always will be. I'll also believe we're playoff bound all the way until we get eliminated. Hopefully, next season at least half of the games will be played before that happens.

For some of the folks who are referring to Ralph Wilson as an idiot, and old and senile, and screwing the Bills up, you should be ashamed of yourselves.  That guy could have taken this team away from Buffalo so long ago it's not even funny.

My hope is that MM will make a dramatic improvement and learn from the mistakes he made.  I also hope he will bring in some experienced coordinators to help with the game day adjustments that obviously were sub-par this year.  How many coaches get canned early and go on to very good head coaches elsewhere.  Everyone last year was saying what a great job Mularkey did.  He bombed this year.  Why don't we see what year three under a different philosophy does and then we'll know, and if he still shows that this year was no fluke then you make a change in the coach. 

As far as for Marv Levy, I really don't see a more qualified person out there to be a General Manager for the Buffalo Bills and I would love for him to come back.  Marv Levy HAS General Managing experience for a CFL team, and I believe possibly was in the front office for a USFL team.  He was a HOF head coach, has been a commentator for the television stations for many years, he is noted for his brilliance, and the guy just flat out knows how to deal with people, and loves the city of Buffalo and this football team.  What better combination.  He's got Modrak to help with the scouting, and Brandon and Overdorf to help with the financials.  I want a guy who can bring it all together, not for who is "a highly regarded evaluator of talent".  Isn't that who was just let go.  We've seen where that has taken us.

As far as Mike Mularkey being a lame duck coach with Marv brough in, I'm not so sure.  Marv was quoted in the AP as recently as a month ago in thinking very highly of Mike Mularkey.  I have a feeling the two could hit it off and Marv can be a mentor, something that Tom Donahoe could never offer to Mike.  Am I a Mike Mularkey fan.  Not really, as I thought he did a crappy job this year.  I do like the fact he stood up to Eric, but didn't like the way he caved to the veterans and tried to save his job with Holcumb, but everyone makes mistakes and if we all forget he is in his 2nd year as well.  If we think JP can get immensely better (and I do), we have to hopefully think that of a coach as well (they are human after all).

Why don't we appreciate the fact that Ralph recognizes that there was a problem, and is doing what he thinks is right to (in his own words) "Give the fans of Buffalo a better product".  He isn't doing it to make more money, as the stadium has been filled up.  He wants Buffalo fans to have something to be proud of, and he is doing what he thinks is right.  Give him a chance, instead of being "Chicken Little" and acting like everything he is doing is going to doom us all to hell.  It's a game for goodness sakes. 

Anyhoo, give it time, appreciate the fact they are trying to make changes (supposedly for the better) and let's have some hope that things will get better.  We've got some talent on this team whether some of you believe it or not.

GO BILLS in 2006.  Can't wait for TKO to pull out his list!!!!!!

553857[/snapback]

Great post Go Bills Thanks Ralph

I think if Vince Lombardi himself could come back and coach people would still find something to complain about.

Historically, undead coaches haven't faired well under the sunlight of 1:00pm NFL games. So yes, I would complain about Lombardi. I mean, maggots crawling out of his eyesockets would be even worse when we play Miami away with all that humidity.

Not sure how I'd connect those dots and get that.  What I'm saying is I wouldn't trust Ralph's particular brand of "wisdom" when his body of work to date is so poor.

I'm still a BILLS' fan and always will be.  I'll also believe we're playoff bound all the way until we get eliminated.  Hopefully, next season at least half of the games will be played before that happens.

554127[/snapback]

OK, me too. :huh:

It's just your litany of Bills' greatest misses (spread over about 30 of the team's 46 years of existence) is a little disconcerting when looked at a big picture perspective.

I don't post much here I just read for the most part.But damm it people get a freakin grip.I get so tired of having to read all the doom and gloom.I have heard the argument that as a fan you have the right to B word.But how about while you are bithching you offer up a solution to the problem as well.There are alot here that just B word and have no clue what they would do to really fix the problem.just pick the most reconizable name or the the next hot coach and think that is all we need to do.Oh really Sherlock how about lay out a plan to get it done and than you can realize that you are just a fan and your plan would never pan out .Because you don't get paid to do what pros do.And you know why because you can't do what they do.

There are actually alot of people on this board I enjoy reading and seem to have a good grip on things.But alot of you are just idiots.I honestly believe that if we were undefeated alot of you would B word that we weren't getting enough yards or sacks or what freakin' ever.

554056[/snapback]

WTF are you talking about? I'm sick & tired of people crying & bitchting about "doom & gloomers" when we've been the most pathetic franchise in the AFC this decade - that's what I'm sick of. What has this organization done to earn the benefit of the doubt?

Your "if we went undefeated" comment is full of crap. When we won the first couple games in 2003 people were practically getting their SB tickets ready - I don't remember anybody complaining about anything - other than a few people who pointed out our inability to run the football - those people were mocked unmercifully by the majority because of "scoreboard" and guess what - they turned out to be correct! And that was only two f%$ing games.