Mularkey Far From A Sure Thing

Mark VI

He dismissed his status immediately, when questioned. Talks still ongoing.

Must take a few days to rehash all his gameday blunders from this season.

Hope he left on good terms with IBM.  ;)

553287[/snapback]

Most telling quote.. when asked about who would handle the Moulds situation.. Ralph said "the coach and GM".. the reporter pushes further "So, Mularkey will handle Moulds??".. Ralph "well whoever it is will.." :)

I am glad that they are taking their time to decide his fate. He should not be given a pass. I had high hopes for MM. I really think that we got what we paid for with him. He was a second tier coaching candidate who may not have survived in Pittsburgh. If he stays, he has a long way to go to prove himself.

Most telling quote.. when asked about who would handle the Moulds situation.. Ralph said "the coach and GM".. the reporter pushes further "So, Mularkey will handle Moulds??".. Ralph "well whoever it is will.." :)

553302[/snapback]

Dead on, Dan. That's the statement that made me think he's just picking his brain before he tosses him to the curb.

553302[/snapback]

You heard that to huh? Ralph refused to use the identifier "Coach Mularkey" during the whole half hour...interesting...

Yeah I dont know about the rest of you fine folk, but I definitely think Ralph called Kinkos to get a "Head Coach Wanted" sign to hang on the fieldhouse by the end of the week.  Didnt seem that happy with Mularkey at all.

553299[/snapback]

Agreed.

Something is going on or I feel that Ralph would have made it a priority to give a vote of confidence to meathead.

553302[/snapback]

Excellent! ;)

New Bills Head Coach:  Tom Donahoe.

Now THAT would be funny.

553308[/snapback]

That seems like the kind of thing that would happen in the WWF. Ralph comes out to the ring, and says the new coach is...

Then Donahoe's music hits.

JR: O my god!!!

And then the shocked fans boo.

Dead on, Dan. That's the statement that made me think he's just picking his brain before he tosses him to the curb.

553315[/snapback]

I wonder, too, if Ralph wants to leave it up to the new GM or whomever the !@#$ you want to call them to decide what to do with Mularkey.

I wonder, too, if Ralph wants to leave it up to the new GM or whomever the !@#$ you want to call them to decide what to do with Mularkey.

553422[/snapback]

That is my read. Ralph's careful response is simply a reflection of the fact that he's fairly intellegent.