GW 3yr 8million deal to stay with Wash

Thailog80

Anyone here think he'll take over when Gibbs retires?

550460[/snapback]

Who knows? Every year, the NFL becomes less about football and more about profit opportunity... :D

And college football...my local n'paper saw fit to quote the $$$ payouts for each and every bowl game...double :lol:

i cannot believe they are paying that much money for that joker. talk about gleefully throwing paper money into an open fire. first off, he was a bad head coach who coached scared, and he's not even all that as a defensive coach. over his career, if you averaged all the defenses he oversaw (including his 3 bills units and his titans units), he's a middle of the pack guy. is he better than monte kiffin? dick lebeau? ron rivera? dom capers?

i cannot believe they are paying that much money for that joker. talk about gleefully throwing paper money into an open fire. first off, he was a bad head coach who coached scared, and he's not even all that as a defensive coach. over his career, if you averaged all the defenses he oversaw (including his 3 bills units and his titans units), he's a middle of the pack guy. is he better than monte kiffin? dick lebeau? ron rivera?  dom capers?

550496[/snapback]

Didnt Kiffen coach in Buffalo? I guess he learned a few things about defense along the way. MAybe GW learned a few things from Joe Gibs, just a thought.

Didnt Kiffen coach in Buffalo? I guess he learned a few things about defense along the way. MAybe GW learned a few things from Joe Gibs, just a thought.

550509[/snapback]

No! Williams can't learn anything. He sucks. He led us to 3 losing seasons, and he'll never be able to learn enough to become a successful head coach. That, plus his defenses aren't that good anyway, if you look @ his whole career.

No!  Williams can't learn anything.  He sucks.  He led us to 3 losing seasons, and he'll never be able to learn enough to become a successful head coach.  That, plus his defenses aren't that good anyway, if you look @ his whole career.

550519[/snapback]

of course he can learn. but in the absence of actually proving it, paying a *coordinator* nearly 3 times the going rate for the *highest* paid coordinators is, you know, batsh*t insane.

of course he can learn. but in the absence of actually proving it, paying a *coordinator* nearly 3 times the going rate for the *highest* paid coordinators is, you know, batsh*t insane.

550526[/snapback]

Contracts can read alot of different ways. My guess Joe stays one more year. OR, Hell, He may quit after this playoff run. If thats the case, the money is right. Again, just a thought. B-)

I can't believe that he is in such hot demand...his game management skills deteriorated over the course of three years and they were substandard to begin with.  The comparisons to Belichick are laughable..Belichick has always been a great strategist, developer of talent and game coach...his last year in Cleveland was the franchise exit year--before that he had the Browns on a pretty positive path--11-5 the year before the franchise move was announced..

550459[/snapback]

I also couldn't understand how often his name was getting thrown around as a head coaching candidate, given that his failures in Buffalo had nothing to do with being a good defensive coordinator. What exactly has he shown that would lead people to believe he would have a better handle on the aspects of the game that he had trouble with?

I'm happy for Gregg-O.....I didn't want him as our coach any longer, but he's a good guy. I'm glad that things are going well for him....particularly in that last game against the Cowboys B-)