Marv Levy to come in and help?

Bflojohn

Chris Mortensen just said that the "buzz" is that Marv is going to ride to the rescue in Buffalo! Brought tears to my eyes! He is the face of winning for this franchise and I'm thrilled to hear about this news. Ralph Wilson and Marv are good friends and that might be the key to all of this, Ralph probably asked for Marv' advise, and got a proposal he couldn't refuse! Truly great news!!! :unsure:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Mortensen just said that the "buzz" is that Marv is going to ride to the rescue in Buffalo! Brought tears to my eyes! He is the face of winning for this franchise and I'm thrilled to hear about this news. Ralph Wilson and Marv are good friends and that might be the key to all of this, Ralph probably asked for Marv' advise, and got a proposal he couldn't refuse! Truly great news!!! :unsure:

549515[/snapback]

Thank you for that post. Just thinking about the possibility of Levy coming back made my 2005 season (not that it would take much).

Maybe RW will ask Marv his opinion for straightening things out, GM and HC prospects, etc.  I don't think he'll coach again, could possibly give him the GM position.

549530[/snapback]

Oh God, I hope not... :unsure::)

Marv was blessed with exceptional talent. It's nothing he did...

Come on now we all now if Marv gets the GM he'll name Bobby Ross HC.

549546[/snapback]

Why would Ross leave Army? He's done his NFL thing; hard to think he'd care to come back to a job with whining players, daffy bosses, and impatient fans.

Or was that sarcasm? One never knows...:unsure:

Why would Ross leave Army?  He's done his NFL thing; hard to think he'd care to come back to a job with whining players, daffy bosses, and impatient fans.

549562[/snapback]

Cuz Bobby and Marv have a close bond, less you forget he was Marv's first choice to be OC over Teddy Marchibroda?

That said I was indeed being a slight sarcastic with my response so guess should of ending it with [/sarcasm]. :unsure:

Cuz Bobby and Marv have a close bond, less you forget he was Marv's first choice to be OC over Teddy Marchibroda?

That said I was indeed being a slight sarcastic with my response so guess should of ending it with [/sarcasm].  :unsure:

549564[/snapback]

Heh. I don't recall why Ross left SD, but his replacement, Kevin Gilbride, did wonders for the poor Chargers. :)

Heh. I don't recall why Ross left SD, but his replacement, Kevin Gilbride, did wonders for the poor Chargers. :unsure:

549602[/snapback]

I think it might of had something to do Gilbride's choice of OC, it was some guy named Mike Sheppard who ironically enough prior to that was a WR coach in Baltimore under Teddy Marchibroda who matter of factly gave Sheppard play-calling duties.

I have heard that Marv was actually brought in to help Ralph at Shuffleboard and Bridge, and in the middle of the last game, when his partner Ralph excused himself to go to the bathroom, Marv was overheard saying, "Thank God, old boy, that's the first time I'll know what's in your hand all afternoon!"

549515[/snapback]

If this is true, that would bring a lot of optimism to Buffalo. It would be great to have Marv Levy back on the sidelines.