Weis can flat out coach

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Thanks for the chuckle.

NOTRE DAME'S WINS IN 2005

Pittsburgh (5-6)  Under .500 in the Big Least!

Michigan (7-5)  Good win in the Big House

Washington (2-9)  They beat Idaho and Arizona.  Wow!

Purdue (5-6)  JV teams could score 35 on Purdue

BYU (6-6) They went 5-3 in the Mountain West Conference ( B-) ) and their non-conf win was Eastern Illinois  :D

Tennessee (5-6)  Vols also lost to Vanderbilt  :doh:

Navy (8-4)  Nice record, but it IS only Navy.  Not in ND's class

Syracuse (1-10)  Only win for 'Cuse was UB

Stanford (5-6)  Irish squeak out a win on last minute drive

ND LOST to Michigan State (5-6) at home

So where are these quality teams on the ND schedule?  Who did they beat?  I see only two teams with a winning record, one of which was Navy.

Like I said, their best 'win' was a 34-31 loss to USC.

550412[/snapback]

fair enough, but i don't care what anyone says -- tennessee is a quality opponent. yes, they had a down year, but they lost a lot of close games against good teams. more importantly, a lot of their current players will be playing in the nfl. the same goes with michigan state, who is a lot better (talent-wise) than their record. they should have beaten ohio state in columbus, and would have if not for a flukie blocked fg returned for a td by the buckeyes.

B-)  :D  :doh:

Thanks for the chuckle.

550412[/snapback]

Your list was nice and all, but in all seriousness considering how far in advance college schedules are drawn up pick the program that shouldn't be on that schedule. It's not like they're scheduling I-AA teams.

Quinn went to a 3 step drop.

Ran draw plays to neutralize Hawk

Block 2 FGs.

550721[/snapback]

Good point Steve. Some of these posters are idiots. Weis has long been known for coming into the locker room at halftime and immediately, like it was a sixth sense or something, calmly walked up to the special teams coaches and players and said, "Okay, here's what I want to do. Instead of getting blocked or missing the ball off the kickers foot on Ohio States' field goals and PATS, lets instead blow through those linemen and block the kick. Carry on, men."

Quinn went to a 3 step drop.

Ran draw plays to neutralize Hawk

Block 2 FGs.

550721[/snapback]

So Quinn was only thrwing off 5 and 7 step drops until Weiss changed it up?

And Notre Dame didn't run any draw plays until Weiss saw the light?

I don't even know what to say about that last peice of work.

I wish I'd have seen the game so I could hang you by your ankles for a bit.

Some of these posters are idiots......

Simon?

You ever try and fight a short guy whose head is like granite both inside and out? B-)

Your list was nice and all, but in all seriousness considering how far in advance college schedules are drawn up pick the program that shouldn't be on that schedule.  It's not like they're scheduling I-AA teams.

550624[/snapback]

I know, you're right...Agreements with other schools are made a good five years in advance. I know it's a long-standing rivalry, but Navy is not in Notre Dame's league. They haven't won in 50 years or something like that. (ND had a rivalry with Army too, and they let that lapse.) Syracuse and BYU are a little on the weak side. Those three should be tossed aside.

The other teams all have good programs and could be up or down any given year.

But to say they played a tough schedule THIS year??? Not even close.

I wish I'd have seen the game so I could hang you by your ankles for a bit.

550797[/snapback]

Interesting....you did not see the game, but you know what happened. If you had seen the game, you would have heard the announcers commenting on the change in the offensive scheme in the 2nd half to compensate for the blitzing of OSU. More importantly, the team never gave up even when they were getting their heads handed to them early.

Good point Steve. Some of these posters are idiots. Weis has long been known for coming into the locker room at halftime and immediately, like it was a sixth sense or something, calmly walked up to the special teams coaches and players and said, "Okay, here's what I want to do. Instead of getting blocked or missing the ball off the kickers foot on Ohio States' field goals and PATS, lets instead blow through those linemen and block the kick. Carry on, men."

550775[/snapback]

actually, it was Tedy Bruschi's idea...he called Weiss on the Bruschi phone

Interesting....you did not see the game, but you know what happened.

I have no idea what happened, and never implied that I did.

You have no idea what happened either.

The difference is that I didn't start a thread pretending to know what happened.

Nice call on those FG block adjustments... B-)

I know it's a long-standing rivalry, but Navy is not in Notre Dame's league.  They haven't won in 50 years or something like that.  (ND had a rivalry with Army too, and they let that lapse.) 

550886[/snapback]

Without Navy, there'd be no Notre Dame. ND was close to closing during WWII and the Naval Academy kept the doors open by funneling guys there. For that reason, Navy will be on ND's schedule until the time the Academy no longer wants to play them.

Some traditions shouldn't be broken.

Without Navy, there'd be no Notre Dame.  ND was close to closing during WWII and the Naval Academy kept the doors open by funneling guys there.  For that reason, Navy will be on ND's schedule until the time the Academy no longer wants to play them.

Some traditions shouldn't be broken.

551005[/snapback]

I wasn't aware of that. Why was ND going to close? Nobody with the money to attend during wartime? No students cause they were overseas?

I agree, the game is a nice tradition, but that's about it. Just like the past 50 years, Navy will not compete with Notre Dame anytime in the next 50 either. It's tradition, but it's a cupcake.

Interesting....you did not see the game, but you know what happened.  If you had seen the game, you would have heard the announcers commenting on the change in the offensive scheme in the 2nd half to compensate for the blitzing of OSU.  More importantly, the team never gave up even when they were getting their heads handed to them early.

550941[/snapback]

They also commented on how Ohio State was milking cows at the end of the game B-)

I wasn't aware of that.  Why was ND going to close?  Nobody with the money to attend during wartime?  No students cause they were overseas?

I agree, the game is a nice tradition, but that's about it.  Just like the past 50 years, Navy will not compete with Notre Dame anytime in the next 50 either.  It's tradition, but it's a cupcake.

551112[/snapback]

Every team has cupcakes on their schedule. Notre Dame has theirs for a reason. ND is Navy's non-Army Super Bowl. Every year. The "rivalry" was just extended for another 10 years.

During WWII there wasn't enough men in the country to fill every university. The Naval Academy struck a deal with ND to help the college keep its doors open. In return, they've gotten the respect and a chance to earn about a million a year by playing the Irish. Sure they've lost 42 straight times but I've never seen a better moment than the Irish players and coaches standing with the middies after the game listening to the Navy fight song.