Live Marriage Proposals

Halftime, Notre Dame/Ohio State bowl game:

A soldier comes home from Iraq and asks his gf to marry him on live TV. She said "yes". Could you imagine if she said "no"?

"Um Honey...I wanted to wait until you got home, but I am pregnant with your brother's child and we are getting married Saturday."

There's a new reality show- Live Proposals.

As someone who did a live proposal, lay off. People who know me were shocked that I would do it in front of several hundred people.

549380[/snapback]

That's part of who you are, no? The fact that you did it that way was special to you and you're significant other. Live proposals are great if it's part of "you", if that makes sense.

Putting them on TV and showcasing them to the country? Bit much for me and I don't intend to watch, but I'm sure it will be a big hit. Probably get a bunch of people that do it for their 15 minutes of fame rather than the surprise and the memory.

Doing it that way? Great!

-Jeff

As someone who did a live proposal, lay off. People who know me were shocked that I would do it in front of several hundred people.

549380[/snapback]

Shocked that you did it in front of several hundred people, or shocked that you did it in front of several hundred people??

For starters, several hundred is different than national TV. Second, it would depend on who those people are.

I could never understand publicly proposing in front of a bunch of strangers. But, whatever floats yer boat.

Shocked that you did it in front of several hundred people, or shocked that you did it in front of several hundred people??

For starters, several hundred is different than national TV.  Second, it would depend on who those people are.

I could never understand publicly proposing in front of a bunch of strangers.  But, whatever floats yer boat.

549404[/snapback]

Shocked that it was I doing it, I'm not a Type A personality that needs the attention, in fact, I usually shy away from any attention.

The Sanctity of Marriage ain't what it used to be... :unsure:

549592[/snapback]

You miss a 15yd pass for $500,000 and you get to marry a 2nd Looey.

Some consolation prize. Kids did I ever tell you about the time your Pa

took a knee at the Tostitoes Bowl.

Halftime, Notre Dame/Ohio State bowl game:

A soldier comes home from Iraq and asks his gf to marry him on live TV.  She said "yes".  Could you imagine if she said "no"?

"Um Honey...I wanted to wait until you got home, but I am pregnant with your brother's child and we are getting married Saturday."

549286[/snapback]

I've seen guys come home from deployment to find their wife knocked up. Not cool...

You miss a 15yd pass for $500,000 and you get to marry a 2nd Looey.

Some consolation prize. Kids did I ever tell you about the time your Pa

took a knee at the Tostitoes Bowl.

549608[/snapback]

Little Kid: Mommy, how did you and Daddy meet?

Mommy: We met in a hottub on an MTV gameshow

Little Kid: Daddy, when did you know it was true love?

Daddy: Your mommy used her timeout to get the other chick out of the hottub and gave me a handjob

549404[/snapback]

What happened??? You and your wife did it in front of several hundred people? You're a real showman. :unsure:

You never see the girl say no in front of people.......

Now thats what I want to see...Jerry Springer Live!

JERRY JERRY!

549869[/snapback]

there was the one basketball game where the girl said no annd ran off thr court after her boyfriend proposed at center court at halftime. worthless B word.

there was the one basketball game where the girl said no annd ran off thr court after her boyfriend proposed at center court at halftime. worthless B word.

550007[/snapback]

There's video of that, someone's got to find it.

The guy is in one of thoe inflatable suits, and so he starts to take it off, and the girl gets all shy, and when he drops to one knee, shows the ring, and mumbles something she runs off the court.

sucks for him. If you're going to do that, you better damn well know the answer before you even consider it.

At this weekend's Indiana Pacers-Washington Wizards game, a woman's reaction to a man's marriage proposal stuns an expectant crowd.

The apparent proposal came at the end of a halftime contest on the Wizards home court Saturday night.

The woman was blindfolded, sent out on the court, and told if she could find a local bank's mascot, she would win free Wizards tickets.

As the crowd yelled "hot" and "cold," the woman roamed the court for about 10 seconds.

Then, as she found and touched the bank mascot, she was told she won the contest.

However, the public address announcer said there was a surprise.

The man appeared from the bank mascot's costume, grabbed a microphone and then got down on one knee.

As he began to speak to the woman, she paused and grabbed her face in shock.

Then, as the crowd expected the man to pop question, the woman turned away from the man, and sprinted full speed across the basketball court.

After running up a tunnel, she was stopped by a security guard.

There was no indication on the broadcast whether the proposal was legitimate or not.

But the stunt surprised the groaning crowd as a message saying, "She said No!" appeared on the arena's scoreboard.

Slideshow

At this weekend's Indiana Pacers-Washington Wizards game, a woman's reaction to a man's marriage proposal stuns an expectant crowd.

The apparent proposal came at the end of a halftime contest on the Wizards home court Saturday night.

The woman was blindfolded, sent out on the court, and told if she could find a local bank's mascot, she would win free Wizards tickets.

As the crowd yelled "hot" and "cold," the woman roamed the court for about 10 seconds.

Then, as she found and touched the bank mascot, she was told she won the contest.

However, the public address announcer said there was a surprise.

The man appeared from the bank mascot's costume, grabbed a microphone and then got down on one knee.

As he began to speak to the woman, she paused and grabbed her face in shock.

Then, as the crowd expected the man to pop question, the woman turned away from the man, and sprinted full speed across the basketball court.

After running up a tunnel, she was stopped by a security guard.

There was no indication on the broadcast whether the proposal was legitimate or not.

But the stunt surprised the groaning crowd as a message saying, "She said No!" appeared on the arena's scoreboard.

Slideshow

550117[/snapback]

I hadn't heard about this, but last year when it happened at a Miami Heat game, it turned out to be a hoax.