I hate this, but I think Son Of Satan stays

beerme1

It is a bit surprising. It appears that TD is merely attempting to show that he is still focussed and on the job, despite the rumors and distractions. If he quits functioning as a GM, he leaves the impression that he doesn't care any more. And if that's the case, why even think about retaining him.

If we assume that TD is out as GM at the end of the season, it makes sense that he remain a professional and do his job to the best of his abilities. Negotiating a reasonable deal between the Bills and Crowell will show any teams interested in hiring TD will see that he's not trying to sabotage his current team's financial situation. Future employers ( I would guess) would look favorably at an employee to did their job to the fullest until let go than a person who "mails it in" until they're let go.

I think anyone banking on TD and MM being fired needs to be prepared for the worst. There's been no indication from OBD that they're being canned. It's all been from the press and by us fans.

By all accounts, this team is profitable and still shows signs it can win (aka Cincy game). I've been wating for years for TD to be gone and 5 years for a real coach to be here. And I have all the confidence in the world that at this time next year, I'll still be waiting for someone to be hired that has a clue on how to win football games.

I'll even be surprised is we have more than 2 new offensive lineman next year. We'll get the same song and dance; they may drop 2 new guys on the line, but we'll still have the same retreads gettting blown over and wondering why KH can't repeat his marvelous 300 yard game from last year. It must be that he's getting old - maybe a young mobile qb is what we need.

I think anyone banking on TD and MM being fired needs to be prepared for the worst.  There's been no indication from OBD that they're being canned.  It's all been from the press and by us fans.

By all accounts, this team is profitable and still shows signs it can win (aka Cincy game).  I've been wating for years for TD to be gone and 5 years for a real coach to be here.  And I have all the confidence in the world that at this time next year, I'll still be waiting for someone to be hired that has a clue on how to win football games.

I'll even be surprised is we have more than 2 new offensive lineman next year.  We'll get the same song and dance; they may drop 2 new guys on the line, but we'll still have the same retreads gettting blown over and wondering why KH can't repeat his marvelous 300 yard game from last year.  It must be that he's getting old - maybe a young mobile qb is what we need.

545308[/snapback]

I fear you're dead on. That said - the more i look at this, I really think we have a shot at being the worst team in the NFL next year. The other $hitty teams have some hope at the skilled posiitons and I think next year will only have the Bills with Evens as the only bonified potential pro bowler in a skilled posiiton for Buffalo... Anyway - you're right - TD and MM will stick around at leats one more year. Unfortunately for them, (or us), they need at least 2 to assemble some kind of team to compete...

I am glad we re signed Angelo Crowell, although we don't know the terms.

What scares the hell out of me though is the thought that a guy who is days away from getting axed is signing guys.

The two don't seem to go together do they? I mean if I'm canning someone, he is not dotting anymore I's or crossing any more T's except for the letter that states he has returned his car and will be getting his final pay check in full.

Please, Please tell me I'm wrong  :doh:

I just cant envision as screwed up as this entire organization is that these guys stay.

544950[/snapback]

I hear what your saying, but it is still his job up until the day he is fired. Besides, I think this signing was a no-brainer. TD is as good as gone.

I fear you're dead on.  That said - the more i look at this, I really think we have a shot at being the worst team in the NFL next year.  The other $hitty teams have some hope at the skilled posiitons and I think next year will only have the Bills with Evens as the only bonified potential pro bowler in a skilled posiiton for Buffalo...  Anyway - you're right - TD and MM will stick around at leats one more year.  Unfortunately for them, (or us), they need at least 2 to assemble some kind of team to compete...

The Bills will address the lines this off-season. I think there's no other option for them. They have the skill positions on offense (Moulds needs to be reworked, but there's always a veteran WR in FA who can help a team out) and the biggest pieces missing on defense were a DT and Spikes, who might be back. We'll see, but I do NOT see the Bills being worse next year.