Reed played well- AGAIN

Adam

I really think his overall play has been well this season for what is asked of a #4 WR. His last third down conversion was absolutely crucial in running the clock down on the last drive, and overall he played a heck of a game today.

He's dropped the ball a few times this season, but nothing like the past few seasons. I think he's salvaged his career, and I hope we bring him back.

I think he's a keeper

I really think his overall play has been well this season for what is asked of a #4 WR. His last third down conversion was absolutely crucial in running the clock down on the last drive, and overall he played a heck of a game today.

He's dropped the ball a few times this season, but nothing like the past few seasons. I think he's salvaged his career, and I hope we bring him back.

I think he's a keeper

541861[/snapback]

Lee Evans also had a nice game after last week. All of the receivers played well today.

I think he's a keeper

541861[/snapback]

Yeah, that makes up for 3 years of not showing up on Sundays

Yeah, that makes up for 3 years of not showing up on Sundays

541894[/snapback]

You can't get those three years back- let it go.

He's playing as well as any #4 WR in football, and is well worth keeping, especially if we don't keep Moulds.

He's playing as well as any #4 WR in football, and is well worth keeping, especially if we don't keep Moulds.

541909[/snapback]

What??? "You can't get those three years back-let it go." Hear I am thinking that players are evaluated each and EVERY YEAR that they are under contract. The guy had a decent rookie year and while he had some good games this year he's had some bad ones also. Trust me, he is not what the Bills thought they were getting when they drafted him in the second round in 2002. Also he's in a contract year which shows me he's just about the money. He will not be kept. I think Reed and the other great pick by TD that year will be shown the door and after TD opens it for Mike and Josh he'll walk threw it behind them!

What??? "You can't get those three years back-let it go." Hear I am thinking that players are evaluated each and EVERY YEAR that they are under contract. The guy had a decent rookie year and while he had some good games this year he's had some bad ones also. Trust me, he is not what the Bills thought they were getting when they drafted him in the second round in 2002. Also he's in a contract year which shows me he's just about the money. He will not be kept. I think Reed and the other great pick by TD that year will be shown the door and after TD opens it for Mike and Josh he'll walk threw it behind them!

541918[/snapback]

I have to disagree- he would not play as poorly as he has over the years by choice. I think he has found a role that suits him.

I don't think anyone can question how hard he has played at all times. He is as good as any #4 WR in the NFL, and will be kept- I HAVE SPOKEN

541918[/snapback]

All about the money? Hahahaha. Everyone else is thinking it, i'll say it. You're an idiot. Merry Christmas. If he was all about the money, wouldn't you think he'd perform as best he could throughout his cheap rookie contract so that he can get a large contract when he hits free agency for the first time? You honestly think he dogged it that badly for the last few years then decided to turn it back on for the money?

Think people, think.

541909[/snapback]

What's a #4 WR and where can I find out who the other #4 WRs in football are?

A #4 WR is the guy who plays #3 WR when your #3 WR is out. Or the #4 WR on four wide formations.  ;) You find out the #4 on each team by watching the games.

541940[/snapback]

So, Josh Reed is playing better than Tony Gonzalez and Jeremy Shockey (who are often lined up as WR in 4WR sets for their teams)? And does Josh Reed get credit for "best #4 WR" catches for all the catches he has made out of 2 and 3 WR sets this year?

JDG

All about the money? Hahahaha. Everyone else is thinking it, i'll say it. You're an idiot. Merry Christmas. If he was all about the money, wouldn't you think he'd perform as best he could throughout his cheap rookie contract so that he can get a large contract when he hits free agency for the first time? You honestly think he dogged it that badly for the last few years then decided to turn it back on for the money?

Think people, think.

541930[/snapback]

What a complete fart of the brain. Let me think threw the years..Oh yeah their have been 1 or 2 players that tend to play better in their contract year. Yeah, I'm sure everyone on the board is thinking my post was stupid. Now take your 100 posts and get of the board imbecile. Last impressions seem to work well in the NFL ;)

So, Josh Reed is playing better than Tony Gonzalez and Jeremy Shockey (who are often lined up as WR in 4WR sets for their teams)?    And does Josh Reed get credit for "best #4 WR" catches for all the catches he has made out of 2 and 3 WR sets this year?

JDG

541947[/snapback]

The first is a just plain dumb analogy, and the second is yes, he does get credit for those catches even though he is the #4 WR, mainly because the #3 was hurt. The fact is, he's the fourth guy in our receiving corps, and Roscoe Parrish was not drafted in the second round to play back-up to Josh Reed, but rather to play the slot in passing formations, or at least be on the field in 3 WR sets.

541909[/snapback]

Ya that's where the answer for this team is, the #4 wideout spot. Glad we've got it covered with a second round draft pick bust. That's like saying Coy Wire is playing the backup gunner position on the punt return team as well as anyone in football. Excellent.

RTB

Ya that's where the answer for this team is, the #4 wideout spot. Glad we've got it covered with a second round draft pick bust. That's like saying Coy Wire is playing the backup gunner position on the punt return team as well as anyone in football. Excellent.

RTB

541964[/snapback]

I'm not calling him the focal point on the offense- depth is important- and the 3rd and 4th WR's will have some important plays over the course of a season. If you dont have depth, the playmakers wont be able to do much